On all these boards people are name calling, bashing, ready to say how stupid others are for having opinions etc. etc. If someone posts a provocative topic and you disagree, either contribute an opinion ON THE TOPIC - NOT THE POSTER or simply ignore the post.

Before you get on your high horse and try to slap someone down consider that you are on a message board chatting about phones. Give the abusive talk a rest already.

Some guy actually accused me of beating my wife when I was defending a poster from being Flamed by the masses. He put lots of LOL in his post to try to make it okay. I would normally ignore it but it's been happening so often on these boards it makes me want to stop coming to the boards altogether.

I say every time someone get's abusive, fight back and report Abuse with the little icon on the top right of the post - whether it was directed at you or to anyone else.

04-02-09 09:51 AM
    Yeah... The sad thing is, we really shouldn't need moderators to ensure adults continue acting like adults. I insult people all the time, I'm also doing it with humour though. Everybody knows I'm joking, and if they don't... Guess that's too bad

I know what you're talking about though. Like that Earth Hour thread. Just letting people know about it, and seeing who else is doing it, then you get people in there trying to get a rise out of everyone... -Just tell them to go get a life, and take an interest in something
    04-02-09 10:52 AM
    See, I really want to make a smart *** abusive and insulting remark about your thread here, but I won't. I am guessing you might not take it in the good natured joking manner in which it would be intended.

Instead, I will just point out something that is obvious to some and not so obvious to others (of course, just my opinion and all the usual caveats...).

I notice that your profile says you have a storm. I also notice that many of the abusive and/or rude people that have been popping up lately have storms. I also notice that many of the people with storms that are kind and helpful usually owned another model BlackBerry in the past. I have also noticed that much of the complaining, flaming, arguing, hostility, rudeness and overall malcontentment is coming from the storm section of the forums. I don't know about anyone else, but I am starting to see a pattern.

For the most part flaming is a part of forum life I'm afraid. It happens on just about ever forum and some are worse than others. Crackberry is actually pretty mild by my standards, with the possible exception of the storm forums. Some people don't know how to express themselves properly and others are just rude. There are also some that are just trolls and you just have to ignore them. Some of the stuff that I see people call flaming is just misinterpreted too. My suggestion, before you spend a whole bunch of time reporting people and wasting the mods time, is to look at a persons previous posts. If the only thing they are ever doing is bringing negative sentiments then by all means, report them and help get them out of here. On the other hand, if you can see by their activity that they might just be having a bad day, then leave them alone. We all have bad days.
    04-02-09 11:00 AM
    ^^^^ Well Said
    04-02-09 11:36 AM
    I will say this again..there are just too many Ned Flanders types on this board.

04-02-09 11:43 AM
    Nobody asked you fiveonthird... Friigin �diot...
    04-02-09 11:49 AM
    On all these boards people are name calling, bashing, ready to say how stupid others are for having opinions etc. etc. If someone posts a provocative topic and you disagree, either contribute an opinion ON THE TOPIC - NOT THE POSTER or simply ignore the post.

Before you get on your high horse and try to slap someone down consider that you are on a message board chatting about phones. Give the abusive talk a rest already.

Some guy actually accused me of beating my wife when I was defending a poster from being Flamed by the masses. He put lots of LOL in his post to try to make it okay. I would normally ignore it but it's been happening so often on these boards it makes me want to stop coming to the boards altogether.

I say every time someone get's abusive, fight back and report Abuse with the little icon on the top right of the post - whether it was directed at you or to anyone else.

What i like about this thread is this.....

1) you have no clue how the person that wrote the thread is meaning to say it. Like with SMS/TXT all you are do reading is letters on a screen, you are not listening to the tone of voice.

2) you only have 60-70 post on here. lighten up. and alot of the members on here have read the forum rules and they understand that they are not allowed to attack anyone personaly. so most everything said on here is joking and light hearted.

3) some of us "vets" are getting a little upset, you encourage us to use the "report" button. to report attacks, or flamming, why dont these people that have problems use the "search" button. or the google button. we are here to help and if you dont like what we say, don't take it as we are being mean/ or evil , but there is only so many ways we can say the same thing.
    04-02-09 11:51 AM
    You too - family guy sucks!

Fun day
    04-02-09 11:53 AM
    Its funny how someone posts something like this but is actually going to cause more flamming against himself...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:58 AM
    Shutup Coruptyed! You �diot you...
    04-02-09 11:59 AM
    I'm telling the moderators on you like the id1iot that made this thread told me to do to cause more headache to the all ready busy people that run these boards!

04-02-09 12:01 PM
    That's cool! I'll take them on too! Just kidding, i'll be good
    04-02-09 12:02 PM
    Shutup Coruptyed! You �diot you...
    Ummmmm. Telling.

04-02-09 12:02 PM
    Nobody asked you fiveonthird... Friigin �diot...
    NICE!!!!!

04-02-09 12:04 PM
    Good ill back you up ! He shouldn't be on these boards!

04-02-09 12:05 PM
    Lol, I dunno if the mods really care do they? I mean they must've seen what people have been doing in other threads. Like.. THey had to have seen it because one of them posted right after

It's just fun, don't take anything seriously even when people are being serious...

BTW , you go tattle on me Genus you miserable ***** *** ***** ****. Nice pic? What's that supposed to be? A beaver or something? Man you suck!
    04-02-09 12:06 PM
    haha! Skull game! He showed me how to do �diot
    04-02-09 12:06 PM
    Is it just me or are these threads turning into a cry baby fest? Seriously I think some people just need to lighten up and take a few jokes!

GET THE HEAD OUT OF YOUR BOOTY PPL!
    04-02-09 12:08 PM
    Lol, I dunno if the mods really care do they? I mean they must've seen what people have been doing in other threads. Like.. THey had to have seen it because one of them posted right after

It's just fun, don't take anything seriously even when people are being serious...

BTW , you go tattle on me Genus you miserable ***** *** ***** ****. Nice pic? What's that supposed to be? A beaver or something? Man you suck!
    Hahahaaa...if that's your idea of a beaver you really must see a doctor forthwith.
    Still telling teacher, and I'm massively serious. Obviously.

04-02-09 12:09 PM
    haha! Skull game! He showed me how to do �diot
    Yup, sure did!! You can all thank me later when you get your warnings!!

04-02-09 12:11 PM
    Lol Oh well.... I can't get in trouble. I have anger issues It's not my fault, I'm sick...

That's right you loser!

I can't see what your pic is. It's too small on my screen
    04-02-09 12:13 PM
    idiot
    not that hard to do.
    04-02-09 12:13 PM
    Your's looks funky.. Mines better you �diot Try hitting alt and 0161 ion the number pad
    04-02-09 12:15 PM
    Your something else back-space!!

04-02-09 12:17 PM
    �diot.
    hahaha your right, but i did have my own way. way to f�ck it up!
    04-02-09 12:18 PM
229 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD