Dear CB USERS:

Climate change is one of the most serious problems facing our world today. On Saturday, March 28, 2009, at 8:30 pm (local time), tens of millions of people throughout the world will turn out their lights to make a statement of concern about the future of our planet as part of Earth Hour, an event led by the World Wildlife Fund.

Earth Hour got its start just two years ago and is now the largest event of its kind in the world. Last year, more than 50 million people participated and the lights went out at the Empire State Building, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Sydney Opera House and the Coliseum in Rome, just to name a few. Even Google�s homepage went black for the day! In Israel, President Shimon Peres personally turned off lights in Tel Aviv.

This year, Earth Hour will be even bigger�nearly 2,000 cities in over 80 countries have agreed to take part including Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami and Nashville with more signing up every day. Around the world cities like Moscow, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Shanghai and Mexico City are among the many cities that will turn out their lights. But Earth Hour isn�t just for big cities�anyone can participate. To get a better sense of the power of this event, please take a few minutes to view the WWF video of Earth Hour 2008 at Earthhourus.org

Participating in Earth Hour is easy, fun and free. It�s also a wonderful opportunity for friends and families to gather together and think about the issues confronting our planet and the ways that we can work together to make a positive difference. Please join us in taking part in this inspiring event. To sign up, visit Earth Hour US where you�ll learn more including ways you can spread the word about Earth Hour, plus creative things to do when the lights go out. We want the US to turn out more lights than any other country in the world during this historic event so please pass this note along to anyone you think might want to take part. Let�s all turn out and take action on March 28 at 8:30 pm.
    03-28-09 03:15 PM
    03-28-09 04:22 PM
    The more threads the better. Its all ready started here. All you west coasters please take part

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 07:40 PM
    Cllimate change could mean many things. Earth could be getting warmer or cooler, either direction indicates change.

In which direction will climate change be affected if more people than expected leave their lights on during Earth Hour?

Is there anyone out there that would agree this is plain silly? Just curious.

03-28-09 11:30 PM
    Listen there... Frawg?... Jesus.... Nobody asked you, so if you don't like what the world wild life fund does then just sit down and shutup.
    03-28-09 11:37 PM
    Back-space, if you were not expecting a logiical response to a question posted in a public forum, maybe the Earth Hour posting should have been relegated to a private email to all those who may agree with your stance. While postings such as these are created with good intentions, they tend to generate opposing views.

So, which is it......global warmig or global cooling?

03-29-09 12:21 AM
    So, which is it......global warmig or global cooling?
    Who cares what it is called. It is all about leaving the planet better than we
    found it. All the terminology in the world won't matter to our kids and their kids
    if we do nothing.
    03-29-09 12:26 AM
    The biggest fraud perpetradted by AlGore, Global Warming. Do you people realize that the earth has actually been in a cooling cylcle and not a warming cylce that AlGore would have you believe. Will you people wake up and start thinking for yourselves and stop being led like sheep.
    03-29-09 12:50 AM
    Who cares what it is called. It is all about leaving the planet better than we
    found it. All the terminology in the world won't matter to our kids and their kids
    if we do nothing.

Earth hour is just a way to give further creedence to the cruel hoax called global warming. When will the public learn not to listen to the sky is falling ***** politicians and false prophets like algore.
    The greater threat is Obama's economic stimulus that hurt generations to come and impose high taxes and fewer opportunties for all

03-29-09 12:55 AM
    The biggest fraud perpetradted by AlGore, Global Warming. Do you people realize that the earth has actually been in a cooling cylcle and not a warming cylce that AlGore would have you believe. Will you people wake up and start thinking for yourselves and stop being led like sheep.
    Earth hour is just a way to give further creedence to the cruel hoax called global warming. When will the public learn not to listen to the sky is falling ***** politicians and false prophets like algore.
    The greater threat is Obama's economic stimulus that hurt generations to come and impose high taxes and fewer opportunties for all
    Did either of you actually pay attention to what I posted. I don't give a ish
    about Gore, terminology or the politics surrounding this issue
    . And I mentioned
    none of that.

My point is anything we, as individuals and a society as a whole do to conserve
    our resources, clean up our air, water and soil will make us good stewards
    of this rock we call home. Apparently the obvious isn't always obvious.
    03-29-09 01:01 AM
    Amazinglygraceless, if turning your lights out for an hour is doing something, how big an impact in climate change did that one hour accomplish? I would like for someone that thinks climate change really exists to tell me when it started. What day, what decade, what century even?

03-29-09 01:03 AM
    Amazinglygraceless, if turning your lights out for an hour is doing something, how big an impact in climate change did that one hour accomplish? I would like for someone that thinks climate change really exists to tell me when it started. What day, what decade, what century even?
    One more damn time. I don't care about terminology. I am concerned with
    conservation. It starts with an hour. Hopefully people will continue thinking
    about conser friggin vation. Are you actually reading or just content to spew
    your Rush, Hannity, Coulter, Horner etc talking points? Participate or don't,
    but this was never meant to be a political thread and I respectfully request
    that you not continue to make it one.
    03-29-09 01:12 AM
    Amazinggraceless, I'm not sure why you brought-up Rush, Hannity, Coulter or any others that you think have credence in our discussion here. I did not mention anyone political or use talking points from any of them. If I did, it was accidental or maybe it ia because they agree with me.

My entire argument is about deflating the importance the environmental movement places on climate change and how they are convinced we are not good stewards of mother earth. I disagree with them and I think their mission is to make this country on par with 3rd world countries in the name of equaliity.

Back to my original question.....when did the Earth begion to warm or cool for that matter.

03-29-09 01:45 AM
    Come on al, what will your sheeple think? Al Gore ignores 'Earth Hour'
    03-29-09 08:39 PM
    I like how people just assume we "follow" some jackass because he had the same idea. You know Al Gores house also uses about as much electricity as a small town. Who ever said he was leading anyway?

You guys want to not give a **** about anything then go ahead and do that. You want to come in here and argue with people that do....? Then you obviously need something more to fill your day. Might do you well to check out the wwf website, or take on a hobby. I feel sorry for people like you, I really do.
    03-30-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD