Anyone been able to? And if so, how'd you do it?

I got a curve until my replacement Bold comes in and that says I have to update my email setup too, but theres no way in he** I'm doing that again.
    05-21-11 03:54 PM
    I did it, running on my sprint 9650....all I did was click update and it went really fast and easy, no problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-11 04:02 PM
    Btw, I'm on verizons .524 build

05-21-11 04:03 PM
    I did, no problems at all!

05-21-11 04:22 PM
    could it have anything to do with location? ive tried 3 times and its bricked my phone each time. the last time so bad i have to get a new one

05-21-11 06:15 PM
    I updated the email setup app without a problem.

05-21-11 07:34 PM
    I'd say it probably has more to do with the OS you may be running or if you did any shrinking, or 3rd party apps and themes that conflict with it! I've now done both my 9650's on build .524 with no problems....a 9670, and 3 9330's on build .522 with no problems

05-21-11 07:36 PM
    ^^^^^ok so when i get my new 9650 il load the latest os and update the email app right away without installing any apps or anything. sure hope that works or else im going to actually go crazy. thanks for your help

05-21-11 07:58 PM
    Do you shrink the OS when you load it? OTA? App loader?

05-21-11 08:12 PM
    nope i have a mac so i just to standard everything through DM

05-21-11 08:18 PM
    And its fairly easy to save a bricked phone, there's a really good easy to follow how-to on the forums, I've done it a few times for friends that have bricked their phones installing corrupt or incompatible themes...even if its stuck in the reboot cycle with the white screen of death

05-21-11 08:18 PM
    Oh, nevermind, you have a mac...lol, I don't think it will work, as you need to use app loader

Well, at least you're not updating ota

05-21-11 08:20 PM
    yea so when i get my new one ill try it that way before activating it, and hopefully it works.

05-21-11 08:35 PM
    Installing the Email Setup Application update, let's see how this goes....

Update: Weirdly, once it was complete, it said canceling then said it had to reboot to finish installing. Phone is currently restarting.

Update #2: Phone restarted, it worked. My phone is somewhat slow now. Restarting again.

Update #3: Everything works good now!
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 05-22-11 at 12:25 AM.
    05-21-11 08:40 PM
    A couple of battery pulls and you should be good to go.

05-22-11 12:08 AM
    ok, i registered just to post this reply... much like the rest of you, i have been struggling with getting the email app to update along with the VZW OS update as well... after bricking my phone 4-5 times now, i seem to have gotten it working... so here's what i did different this most recent time... hopefully this works for some of you...

the first 4-5 times i bricked my phone i did the OS update through Blackberry Desktop Software (on Mac if it matters), then when i tried to upgrade the email setup app, it would install then freeze the bb when it rebooted and it never came back up... so this last time, i decided to restore it to .431, and did the OS update OTA... it came back up... i held my breathe and did the email setup app upgrade, and Voila! all seems to be working normally again! =) needless to say, i am thrilled to have it working again, as this was annoying the heck out of me and lead to many sleepless nights these past few nights all my apps are still gone so i know what i'm doing tonight... reinstalling all the apps that got wiped out, but all in all, i guess things could be worse...

so maybe this will work for those of you that seem to be experiencing the same problem... i'd be curious to see if it was the same issue...

good luck! i know how frustrating this can be!!!

Regards,
    Jeff
    05-22-11 12:37 AM
    ok thanks a lot Jeff. when i get my replacement phone tuesday ill go ahead and try this method.

thanks for registering to help us out really appreciate it.

let you know how it goes

05-22-11 12:43 AM
    Much like the rest of us? Seems like its a mac problem, both of you that are having trouble with the email setup update installed the new os with a mac

I'd borrow a friends pc, before I ota a new os, that seems to cause more problems of its own and takes up more memory...in fact, if either of you are ever in vegas, bring your phones by, you can use my computer

05-22-11 12:51 AM
    lonestar, after i saw the phone came back up after the mail app updated properly, i logged right on and created an account to post what i had done LOL... maybe it can help one person... i've been pulling out my hair for the past 3 days as this has been driving me nuts!!! lol

anyway, let us know how it turns out!

Best,
    Jeff
    05-22-11 12:58 AM
    Upgrading went fine for me. I did the Verizon OTA update to .524, sent service books, then upgraded the mail setup app and rebooted. It works fine.
    05-22-11 01:08 AM
    lonestar, after i saw the phone came back up after the mail app updated properly, i logged right on and created an account to post what i had done LOL... maybe it can help one person... i've been pulling out my hair for the past 3 days as this has been driving me nuts!!! lol

anyway, let us know how it turns out!

Best,
    Jeff
    haha yea I've been doing the same. Stuck on a preliminary Curve so all I do is message on it really cause I'm not going to set it all up for just 3 days.

That kinda help is what it's all about haha. Thanks, and I'll let ya know
    05-22-11 01:34 AM
    Upgrading went fine for me. I did the Verizon OTA update to .524, sent service books, then upgraded the mail setup app and rebooted. It works fine.
    May I ask if you updated on a MAC or PC?

Can everyone say what they updated on? MAC or PC?
    05-22-11 01:59 AM
    OTA in my case. But I use a PC.
    05-22-11 02:08 AM
    PC

Shrink with bb boss 2.2 and installed to phone with app loader, 6 different blackberry's, all sprint phones, all running the most current official os (either sprint or verizon depending on the phone, .522 or .524) email setup updated fast and without problems on all

05-22-11 02:42 AM
    cab you update the OS and email setup app on a phone either wifi ota or through dm on mac without it being activated?

05-22-11 09:43 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD