my dead blackberry is plugged into the AC charger, and the screen shows a white battery with a blue lightning bolt through it. Does this mean its charging? It looks scary ... like it means "unrecoverable battery" or something lol

Also I can't turn the device on. I know I probably can't because my battery is crap (i can't afford a new one yet) and it had quickly drained to like 0% during school - so there's definitely not enough power to turn the device on. But this symbol still worries me a little.

I hope its this symbol is a good thing!
    03-20-08 09:47 AM
    It means it's charging...you'll only see this while the phone is powered off, hence the reason why most people never see it. (People don't turn off their BBs)

Nothing to worry about!
    03-20-08 09:48 AM
    Yes, a lightening bolt means charging. a good thing.
    03-20-08 09:49 AM
    Mine did this and it never charged I bought a new battery and it worked fine. That old battery always shows the lighting bolt and will never charge!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 09:56 AM
    ? ? ? ? ?
    Ok now im confused
    03-20-08 10:05 AM
    brynden you are fine!

I think Blackberry 9999 is an exception possible his original battery is done
    03-20-08 10:07 AM
    i have a 8320 and i have that problen with the battery, i tried with others battery and i still having the same trouble, i try to install another os but when i did the pc says error and i have error 507 in the BB, i tried doing a wipe but nothing i have the same problem, i dont know what to do, i need help! thanks
    09-03-09 11:29 PM
    I had the same problem I left in on the charger for like five minutes and then the phone automatically turned on
    12-28-09 12:06 PM
    I wanted to suggest that the blue lightning icon means your phone has been struck by lightning but then I decided it wouldn't be friendly, and CrackBerryers are nothing if not friendly, so I didn't...

Rather, good luck with your BB!
    12-28-09 12:25 PM
    Mine is showing this now - and if i take the charger out, the phone shows a message saying "battery drained, shutting down"... Tried the battery in another phone and it works fine - actually at 100% charge. So it means something's wrong with the phone................only if I can figure out what it is and how to fix that now.
    01-04-10 11:33 AM
    my dead blackberry is plugged into the AC charger, and the screen shows a white battery with a blue lightning bolt through it. Does this mean its charging? It looks scary ... like it means "unrecoverable battery" or something lol

Also I can't turn the device on. I know I probably can't because my battery is crap (i can't afford a new one yet) and it had quickly drained to like 0% during school - so there's definitely not enough power to turn the device on. But this symbol still worries me a little.

I hope its this symbol is a good thing!

this means the battery is dead. it wont even turn on. I had this problem with my Pearl 8100 and the Storm 9530. Both had battery problems. On the Pearl the device is total dead. it wont even work with the new battery. luckily on the Storm it was just the battery.

Try a new battery and if that doesnt work then it is the device.
    01-04-10 11:59 AM
    just bought a new battery (from crackberry actually) and this is happening also. I hope it means it is charging!

otherwise $15 down the drain
    01-08-10 03:25 PM
    I just found a cool new thing which I will never use.

• To check the battery power level, say "Check battery. into the voice command thing.
    01-08-10 04:38 PM
    usually means that the battery is fully drained.
    it requires a bit of charging for the device to power on...
    my tour just did it, and in about 5-10 minutes of charging it powered on
    01-09-10 02:58 AM
    The icon means that you have to take out the battery from the phone and then let it "dye" for about an hour. Then you put it back on the phone to star charging it from zero. I dont know the technical reason buy my provider told me that an it worked fine. So i didnt have to do anything else.

I hope this simple trick works for you!!!
    By the way my blackberry phone is bold 9000.

Greetings and thanks for this web page and all the help that brought me
    01-14-10 11:36 AM
    It just means the battery is dead and it needs a few minutes to build up enough charge in it before turning on.

The Blackberry wants enough charge in the battery to be able to gracefully shut down if the cord gets disconnected. That's why it won't turn on immediately.
    01-31-10 10:57 PM
    I thought my battery was just dead but then I plugged it in and charged it for a bit this afternoon and it just came on again. (WHEW!) I had it charging on my laptop (has no BB software loaded on it) overnight the morning before it seemed to be dead, so I think maybe it just wasn't charging when connected to my laptop and when I tried to turn it on that morning the battery was just completely drained so it wouldn't do anything.
    03-07-10 04:44 PM
    I got that white/blue battery icon and after about 10-15 minutes, it rebooted.

I exhausted mine completely yesterday on a hike using the gps. So not only were we lost but the BB was fully DEAD. Don't try this in the woods children!!!! It became a 13.5 mile hike with about 3,200 feet of elevation gain - tiring to say the least. Gpslogger got the first 7.5 miles of the hike.
    03-07-10 05:26 PM
    if the phone wont turn on then u cant do no voice command mine is stuck in hour glass motion for hours at a time red light blinking or battery icon w blue volt nothin else
    05-02-10 06:44 PM
    Try removing the battery, then plug in the phone without the battery, after the led lights up insert the battery. Your blackberry should try to start up, and you will probably see a white sreen with an hour glass during this stage, for a minute or so. Then it should go to your 'desktop'. and the battery will indicate 'low'. leave it alone and the battery will charge. I recently discovered this fix. 3 weeks ago, I got the battery icon with the lightening bolt and was unable to fix it, so I bought a new battery. Then just a couple of days ago, my partners BB did the same thing and he had to buy a battery, yet this morning his new battery appeared dead. While trouble shooting this morning, I inserted his new battery, that wasn't charging, into my phone that was plugged in and the battery started to charge. So, I tried this process with the original two batteries and now they are fully charged and working.
    05-28-10 08:56 PM
    Try removing the battery, then plug in the phone without the battery, after the led lights up insert the battery. Your blackberry should try to start up, and you will probably see a white sreen with an hour glass during this stage, for a minute or so. Then it should go to your 'desktop'. and the battery will indicate 'low'. leave it alone and the battery will charge. I recently discovered this fix. 3 weeks ago, I got the battery icon with the lightening bolt and was unable to fix it, so I bought a new battery. Then just a couple of days ago, my partners BB did the same thing and he had to buy a battery, yet this morning his new battery appeared dead. While trouble shooting this morning, I inserted his new battery, that wasn't charging, into my phone that was plugged in and the battery started to charge. So, I tried this process with the original two batteries and now they are fully charged and working.
    Thanks this great tip on how to fix your Blackberry.
    05-29-10 08:50 AM
    I just logged on to say this little tip worked like a charm. The bees knees. I'm using Bold 9000.

Thanks SFdave70!

06-02-10 01:35 AM
    danielesvargas- im going to try that with by BB pearl. i hope it works cuz i had it charging for about an hour and the battery and lightningbolt were showing and i though ok..its just really dead ill let it charge. so im ganna try what you did and hopefully it will work i know you posted this a long time about but thanks =]
    06-03-10 12:32 AM
    I just found a cool new thing which I will never use.

� To check the battery power level, say "Check battery. into the voice command thing.
    ..... but you used it once ,huh to find that out lol
    06-03-10 11:45 AM
    ..... but you used it once ,huh to find that out lol
    lol he means never use it AGAIN.
    06-03-10 12:50 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD