When I had this app on my pearl I had two icons. One was the bug with the temp and the other was the forcast for the day. Now I downloaded the app for my curve and only the icon with the bug and temp is showing. Any clue how to get the one with the days forcast to show? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 01:28 PM
    this was how mine was installed as well. try this tip posted in http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wea...nna-die-46326/ by iamjoel5:

iamjoel5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solved:
    The forecast icon is no longer installed by default but can still be added to the application through the WeatherBug Portal. This was done to support users who did always hide the icon.

To add the icon:
    1) go to your WeatherBug Setting (in your BlackBerry options)
    2) select "WeatherBug Portal" from the menu
    3) select "WeatherBug Direct Extensions" from the list
    4) highlight "WeatherBug Forecast" in the list and select details from the menu
    5) select "Install" from the menu

This will install the new icon and link it with the application.
    09-30-08 01:34 PM
    i just have the one icon when i open it it gives the forcast
    09-30-08 01:58 PM
    i just have the one icon when i open it it gives the forcast
    you can have two weatherbug icons.

1.) Weatherbug Forecast (for forecast)
    2.)WeatherBug Direct (for weather alerts)

i have both and find them handy! if you want both icons follow the instructions by iamjoel5 posted above.
    09-30-08 02:01 PM
    ok so when i got to my weather bug settings, i click on weathrbug portal. then i click on weatherbug direct extensions. a small menu opens with: update, help, and full menu. if i click full menu: view, update, help and close open. there is nothing with weatherbug forecast anywhere. what am i doing worng. this missing forcast icon is driving me crazy!
    10-03-08 10:28 AM
    still nothing
    10-03-08 01:51 PM
    Hi,

It sounds like the forecast extension is already installed but not being recognized by the application.

Could you try the following:
    1) Goto your BlackBerry "Options"
    2) Select "Advanced Options"
    3) Select "Applications"
    4) Click the full menu key and select "Modules"
    5) Scroll to the bottom of the list

Do you see "wb_direct_forecast"?

If so, highlight "wb_direct_forecast", click your full menu key and select "delete".

After doing so, go back into the portal. It should give you the option to install the forecast extension.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    10-06-08 05:10 AM
    Thank you, WeatherBug! i hadn't heard of a fix for the OP.

10-06-08 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the help though but there is nothing in modules that says wb_direct_forcast.
    Ugh!! Im so frustrated with this!!
    10-10-08 11:25 PM
    Thanks for the help though but there is nothing in modules that says wb_direct_forcast.
    Ugh!! Im so frustrated with this!!
    Sorry for the frustration.

1) Go to your WeatherBug Direct Settings
    2) Open the full menu
    3) Select "Remove Application"
    - this will completely remove WeatherBug Direct and any extensions from your device

Can you then try to re-install the application?

Thanks and once again, sorry for the frustration.
    Eddie
    10-11-08 01:16 PM
    Ok i have tried installing it and uninstalling it about 10 different time and nothing. for some reason today it just worked. thanks.
    10-11-08 03:05 PM
    Go into the options of weatherbug direct and go into the weatherbug portal you will have to install the forecast icon under the extensions.
    10-11-08 10:17 PM
    Sorry for the frustration.

1) Go to your WeatherBug Direct Settings
    2) Open the full menu
    3) Select "Remove Application"
    - this will completely remove WeatherBug Direct and any extensions from your device

Can you then try to re-install the application?

Thanks and once again, sorry for the frustration.
    Eddie
    Hi Eddie, I'm having the same prob. as NurseBerry. I've just uninstalled, & will do a re-install. Will let you know. Thanks Kate
    10-11-08 10:34 PM
    Hi WeatherBug! I am alright now too. Hickup, or brain____ not sure. Thank you for your help Eddie.

Kate
    10-11-08 10:50 PM
    i dont have the forecast icon either, just the bug, but im stuck on how to get to weatherbug settings.
    12-03-08 08:23 PM
    To get to the settings, Im pretty sure (from memory when I had it) its in the options menu, go to it from there.
    12-03-08 08:47 PM
    nevermind found it and it rocks. best weather app. although i havent tried weathereye cus of the lack of cities, but whos gonna have good ol' college station on their list?
    12-03-08 08:48 PM
    I want the Bug, too

12-03-08 08:48 PM
    nevermind found it and it rocks. best weather app. although i havent tried weathereye cus of the lack of cities, but whos gonna have good ol' college station on their list?
    I use accuweatherpush - download to your BB from www.accuweather.com it also puts an icon on the screen and updates regularly..

college station huh LOL yeh.. wonder why
    12-03-08 09:06 PM
    I had issues with 4.5 and WB, thats why I dont have it any longer, it would stay red ALL the time, fix by battery pull then change to red, i did email CS and it was a known issue with 4.5
    12-03-08 09:08 PM
    I use accuweatherpush - download to your BB from www.accuweather.com it also puts an icon on the screen and updates regularly..

college station huh LOL yeh.. wonder why
    i downloaded accuweather but never got the icon. and yes, college station, aggieland haha
    12-03-08 09:35 PM
    There's a new beta version of WB on their site. I think it fixes the icon bug and now supports the Storm format.
    12-04-08 04:58 AM
    i downloaded accuweather but never got the icon. and yes, college station, aggieland haha
    It will take about 3 hours for the first push
    12-04-08 07:03 AM
    You have to be patient with AW push. Don't try to re-register or you will eventually wind up with multiple icons on your home screen.
    12-04-08 07:35 AM
    woww this is insane you were just talking about accuweather, and the icon JUST showed up on my phone last night. i downladed and deleted it about 3 or 4 weeks ago. but now i have the perfect setup with the AW icon that gives a visual and hi and low temp, and the WB bug that actually shows the temp at that moment. i hid the WB forcast icon, it didnt look as good ad the AW one.
    12-04-08 01:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD