No, seriously. Today my Socialscope just borked (as for many other users) and in desperation i have opened Vodafone Update, Twitter\Facebook app that i have installed and forgotten on my Bold. And i'll be damned if it is not even superior to Socialscope. You can sign to your twitter, facebook and twitpick account and start drooling. Interface is great, and in my opinion, it is more advanced from any other application that i have used recently. Yes, i know, i was also put down by app name, but it certainly rocks and this is coming from person that has tried all, from Socialscope to tweetgenius. Go here from your BB browser Vodafone Update and download app. Beware that some users have reported problems with network communication on some carriers. You can also sign up for their support forum and vote for new functions that you want to be implemented in future.
    Maybe we can have in future app that would be perfect hybrid of Socialscope and ubertwitter and that would be really nice.
    Check it out and let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Timewarp; 11-21-09 at 04:47 PM.
    11-21-09 04:44 PM
    Do you suppose this might work on 9700?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 08:59 PM
    No, seriously. Today my Socialscope just borked (as for many other users) and in desperation i have opened Vodafone Update, Twitter\Facebook app that i have installed and forgotten on my Bold. And i'll be damned if it is not even superior to Socialscope. You can sign to your twitter, facebook and twitpick account and start drooling. Interface is great, and in my opinion, it is more advanced from any other application that i have used recently. Yes, i know, i was also put down by app name, but it certainly rocks and this is coming from person that has tried all, from Socialscope to tweetgenius. Go here from your BB browser Vodafone Update and download app. Beware that some users have reported problems with network communication on some carriers. You can also sign up for their support forum and vote for new functions that you want to be implemented in future.
    Maybe we can have in future app that would be perfect hybrid of Socialscope and ubertwitter and that would be really nice.
    Check it out and let me know what you think.
    Not for the Storm???
    11-21-09 09:24 PM
    just installed this on my Bold 2. and this coming from a SocialScope user i think its greattttt.
    11-22-09 12:35 PM
    Not for the Storm???
    Works for Storm just fine, I'm running it on mine no problem...
    11-22-09 02:28 PM
    just installed this on my Bold 2. and this coming from a SocialScope user i think its greattttt.
    Ditto, more i use it, more i am in love with it. I dunno who is the team behind programming but,as i have already said, they listen to community like Ubertwitter and app has slickness of Socialscope and best Facebook app integration that i have seen. And it is not "invite only" crap and it is not ad supported as Uber. Free for all
    Last edited by Timewarp; 11-22-09 at 05:16 PM.
    11-22-09 05:14 PM
    Does the notification icon stay on all the time?
    11-22-09 06:35 PM
    Been hoping for something new. Socialscope doesn't seem too interested in updating anytime soon. I like Uber, but like having both Twitter and Facebook in the same app. Going to give it a shot.
    11-22-09 06:54 PM
    Well crap. Doesn't seem to be compatible with my 8330.
    11-22-09 06:55 PM
    I like it. Seems a little slow on my phone, but it gets the job done.

11-22-09 10:49 PM
    This is awesome! Thanks for the info JMillionNYC and Thanks Timewarp for the amazing find!! I was getting kind of tired of waiting for a socialscope invite. We don't need no stinking invites!
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 11-22-09 at 11:37 PM.
    11-22-09 11:27 PM
    Well crap. Doesn't seem to be compatible with my 8330.
    Did you try or are you just going by the specs on the site?
    11-23-09 01:47 AM
    Does the notification icon stay on all the time?
    Yes, i was annoyed at first, but after i give it a thought it is by design and i like the solution now. You know that it is running in background thanks to icon and you will have number of updates beside the icon.
    11-23-09 02:00 AM
    This application is actually pretty good. However it is missing one feature I rely on and that is the favorites. But after checking their forum they will be adding it in the future. I would also love multiple account support. If they add that and the URL shortening this could possible replace every other twitter/facebook app I have.

Worth a try.
    11-23-09 07:40 AM
    Yes, i was annoyed at first, but after i give it a thought it is by design and i like the solution now. You know that it is running in background thanks to icon and you will have number of updates beside the icon.
    Thanks for the reply and I agree.

It has grown on me and I love that it tells you how many tweets or FB you have
    11-23-09 08:39 AM
    This application is actually pretty good. However it is missing one feature I rely on and that is the favorites. But after checking their forum they will be adding it in the future. I would also love multiple account support. If they add that and the URL shortening this could possible replace every other twitter/facebook app I have.

Worth a try.
    This is exactly what i had in mind when i started a thread; This app will grow in future, they have already implemented in update from 2.0 to 2.1 a lot of user feedback and a lot of good stuff is coming in future. IMHO this is something that sorely lacks from other developers with exception of Ubertwitter guys.
    Socialscope latest update is rolled to chosen few, there are still a bunch of people that are waiting months to get in and this is just not cool in my opinion
    (i have Socialscope BTW); Ubertwitter is ugly as **** and no facebook; Tweetgenius is overhyped crap; OpenBeak, well no word will be waisted on this one...
    My respect goes to Seesmic twitter app, light, fast but not for power users;
    Twixtreme, nice, clean interface and light on resources but alas no Facebook integration and it is missing some of advanced functions.
    11-23-09 08:53 AM
    Can someone post an OTA link pls

11-23-09 04:05 PM
    Can someone post an OTA link pls
    The OTA link is in post #1
    11-23-09 04:15 PM
    ^There's a link to the website but nowhere to download the app from on the site

11-23-09 04:27 PM
    ^There's a link to the website but nowhere to download the app from on the site
    You should be seeing this if you followed that link:

11-23-09 04:46 PM
    Actually,I give up! I've looked everywhere but I don't see that link to download...
    Unless I'm blind,I've looked with my BB browser,Firefox at home and at work as well as IE at home and work...I'm stumped.
    Last edited by Trayler; 11-23-09 at 05:36 PM.
    11-23-09 05:33 PM
    Actually,I give up! I've looked everywhere but I don't see that link to download...
    Unless I'm blind,I've looked with my BB browser,Firefox at home and at work as well as IE at home and work...I'm stumped.
    Sweet Jesus... just put Vodafone Update in your browser. First one that pops up will have the download page first and foremost.

Install Vodafone Update

Seems like a good enough idea, but after I set everything up, the only things that connect are Twitter and TwitPic. Facebook never does. Ah well... I'm not that big into either of them anyway. I rarely have issues with the Facebook app, and I actually like any of the top 3 Twitter-ers.

*EDIT* Perhaps it's not a VU issue - Facebook seems to be down. Not the app, the actual site. lol I'll try again later.
    Last edited by CrackBerryV79; 11-23-09 at 05:59 PM.
    11-23-09 05:54 PM
    Are you sure that you do not have activated IE or Firefox emulation in your BB browser? Site will give you the link only if follow the link with your BB browser in native mode.
    11-23-09 05:57 PM
    Sweet Jesus... just put Vodafone Update in your browser. First one that pops up will have the download page first and foremost.

Install Vodafone Update

Seems like a good enough idea, but after I set everything up, the only things that connect are Twitter and TwitPic. Facebook never does. Ah well... I'm not that big into either of them anyway. I rarely have issues with the Facebook app, and I actually like any of the top 3 Twitter-ers.
    Facebook is down today, app is working fine it is FB that has bitten the dust today
    11-23-09 05:58 PM
    Are you sure that you do not have activated IE or Firefox emulation in your BB browser? Site will give you the link only if follow the link with your BB browser in native mode.
    Thank you for a helpful response.
    11-23-09 06:41 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD