Greetings,

I don't know if this has been posted before but I thought I would share some software with everyone (I didn't write the stuff, just have copies) that needed it.

I noticed a few posts for software that can convert .jad and .jar files to .COD and .ALX and thought these would be helpful. I have packaged the 3 applications into a zipfile and hosted it on the Mediafire.com website.

The link to it is here: BB_File_Converters.zip

The folders within the zipfile correspond to the programs.
    They are:

1. JADmaker
    2. JAR2COD
    3. JAR2ALX

There are Readme files within each folder for each program to guide you through the process. Though the JAR2ALX uses a guided user interface. Brandon Swift programmed that one and he did a fine job!

Dm
    falena1122 likes this.
    06-24-08 12:17 PM
    Much appreciated Thanx
    06-24-08 12:33 PM
    anytime.

Dm
    06-24-08 12:34 PM
    Thanks alot
    06-24-08 10:10 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what benefit(s) of using the app.
    06-25-08 01:08 AM
    thank you ive been through a lot even loading the.jars on my media card and they dont show
    06-25-08 09:30 PM
    Thank you kindly. Det, are these programs free?
    06-25-08 09:33 PM
    How does it convert JAD files? When I try getting JAD files on my computer (not ota), I get a very small file. How would I go about getting the cod/alx combination that I could install using DM?
    06-25-08 11:06 PM
    Thank you kindly. Det, are these programs free?
    Yes, they are free.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 09:36 PM
    How does it convert JAD files? When I try getting JAD files on my computer (not ota), I get a very small file. How would I go about getting the cod/alx combination that I could install using DM?
    You need to get the .jad and .jar files from your source. You then use the jar2alx program to convert the two files into the .cod and .alx files. Then you install the .alx file with desktop manager.

Dm

06-26-08 09:38 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what benefit(s) of using the app.
    Using these apps you can convert regular java programs, that you would normally only be able to use on other cellphones like the treo, into applications that you can load onto your blackberry with desktop manager.

If you want to get an idea of all the thousands of apps that are available to select from, check out GetJar: Free Java, Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Palm and Flash Lite mobile games and applications
    Your eyes will fall out of your head and you will wish your berry came with more memory...

Dm

Last edited by Detman101; 06-27-08 at 07:49 AM. Reason: site doesn't parse urls automatically....
    06-26-08 09:42 PM
    Oh I see. This will probably be very useful then. I'm going to have to play around with it this weeken and start putting some apps on my device. I'm sure I will find several apps that I will want.

06-27-08 12:50 AM
    thanks man. finally found something that worked
    08-06-08 10:38 AM
    thanks man. finally found something that worked
    Awesome, glad that they helped. The utilities are a great resource and have helped me use many of the random JAR/JAD files found for other phone platforms.

Dm
    08-06-08 10:57 AM
    Okay all I have is a .jad file that was supposed to be OTA. I can't do OTA so I tried to use this program. However, I can't convert a .jad file with the program; apparently it has to be a .jar. I got this theme from Nancy Drew Themes and I'm pretty sure she doesn't offer a .jar file too. Am I missing something or is this program just not for me?
    02-08-09 09:45 AM
    hot damn! finally
    02-08-09 03:24 PM
    thanksssssssssssss
    03-27-09 07:23 PM
    Okay all I have is a .jad file that was supposed to be OTA. I can't do OTA so I tried to use this program. However, I can't convert a .jad file with the program; apparently it has to be a .jar. I got this theme from Nancy Drew Themes and I'm pretty sure she doesn't offer a .jar file too. Am I missing something or is this program just not for me?
    is there any help for this post?
    04-04-09 03:51 PM
    Thanks for the post... I'll have to give it a shot...
    07-20-09 09:50 PM
    I also have the same jad problem, The download for drivesafely is a small Jad file but no jar.

I have no data plan and I would like to have this app. can anyone help?
    10-01-09 08:18 PM
    I too have JAD files with no JAR that i need to convert does anyone have a solution for this?
    10-06-09 11:20 AM
    Try OTAloader which most times will retrieve the required .cod files. The .jad just tells the installer what files to load along with other info. You can open a .jad in Notepad for a better idea of what's happening.

10-06-09 03:10 PM
    Yea I need some help with this please!!
    12-10-09 07:15 PM
    I got issues with this tool. I want to convert one dictionary app to .alx file. found one from getjar.com like Dictionary_v2.9.jar, then created .jad as well. When i ran this tool, got an issue. J2A has attempted to convert your jar. unfortunately the file.. "Dictionary_v2.9" is not compatable. Please try another file. Press Esc Now.

Please help what is my next step. what is the issue ? I have BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 in Research In Motion folder.
    01-29-10 08:10 AM
    i have no data plan so OTA was a problem but i found a way its called the ota downloader its amazing basically its OTA but files go directly to pc its very very very simple to use just google seach ota downloader and download this immediately if u do not have data plan and want thmes games apps etc.........
    02-07-10 12:14 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD