A new application (beta) is out using the new Netflix API.

This BETA release of SmartFlicks, currently available on BlackBerry smartphones, provides mobile access to Netflix.
    Functionality includes:
    • Access full Netflix library
    • Add DVDs to your Queue
    • Access movie and entertainment news and information, and soon, movie times, GPS directions to theaters and more.
    http://lab.pyxismobile.com/2008/10/smartflicks-net.html
    10-21-08 12:17 PM
    Man I just wish Netflix would come to Canada already...They are bringing out some cool apps for it like the one mentioned above and also the Xbox360 streaming feature.

urggh..we always get shafted...well except for the bold
    10-21-08 02:41 PM
    Well I've only been using it today for about 15 minutes, and I've discovered a few oddities. But hey, it's beta, and I think AT&T is having network troubles today. :P
    10-21-08 03:06 PM
    It's also *very* particular about your logon creds. Have to use your full email address, AND the email address is case sensitive. That may be a feature from the Netflix API though.
    10-21-08 03:12 PM
    Thanks for posting this William.

You're right. The login isNetflix API based. You have to log into our app with the same creds you would use to log into the Netflix website. Let us know of any issues that you have. We have solved the big ones, but are still seeing "oddities" as you say.

The app you are using is the same client that our Financial Services customers use to power their distribution and trading arms, so a lot of testing has gone into the actual technology behind the app. Issues are generally network, device, or API based and we are happy to work through those.

We have a growing FAQ at: lab.pyxismobile.com/smartflicks-faq.html
    10-21-08 06:47 PM
    This app really rocks. I love the graphics. It is amazingly fast.
    10-21-08 08:39 PM
    Thanks for posting this William.

You're right. The login isNetflix API based. You have to log into our app with the same creds you would use to log into the Netflix website. Let us know of any issues that you have. We have solved the big ones, but are still seeing "oddities" as you say.

The app you are using is the same client that our Financial Services customers use to power their distribution and trading arms, so a lot of testing has gone into the actual technology behind the app. Issues are generally network, device, or API based and we are happy to work through those.

We have a growing FAQ at: lab.pyxismobile.com/smartflicks-faq.html
    Not a problem! Thank you for the background info, once I sorted out that the logon for my full email address was case-sensitive (exactly the way it was when I registered Netflix lo these many years ago) it's been going well.

I'll make a point to post all of my oddities if someone else hasn't already made you aware. Thanks again for a very cool Blackberry add-on, I wasn't spending quite all of my time on it.
    10-22-08 09:38 AM
    well i just canceled blockbuster and got netflix..
    10-22-08 12:25 PM
    thanks for posting this! i just got netflix and was using the mobile site!
    10-22-08 12:27 PM
    thanks for posting this! i just got netflix and was using the mobile site!
    This is definitely far better than the mobile web client!
    10-22-08 02:35 PM
    well i just canceled blockbuster and got netflix..
    Cool!

Hey...I think Netflix outta give me a free month or gold star or something.
    10-22-08 02:42 PM
    I emailed them and told them I found them because of CB. Who knows maybe we'll get some netflix employees who have � on here and then we'll get some discounts.

I signed up for the basic to try them out.

Anyone know how long it takes for the first movie to show up?
    They haven't billed my card yet and it says its not going to until 11/05/08

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 06:39 PM
    i just started using netflix a few days ago and wow am i happy i even bought the roku also i have 100 DVD's in y queue. i cant wait to get them. its the best and i have had the app on my phone since it came out but the only issue is the font is small on my bb bold and i cant change the font size. i hope they correct it soon.
    10-22-08 08:36 PM
    i downloaded the app. i'm paranoid about adding new apps and i thought it was lagging my phone so i deleted it.

Now i'd like to download it again but i cannot. i go through the same steps to get the ota mailed to me but it says i'm already registered, which of course i am.

How can i get the ota again? i tried to post a question on the lab's site and that error ed out.

Thanks for any help!

10-22-08 10:13 PM
    i downloaded the app. i'm paranoid about adding new apps and i thought it was lagging my phone so i deleted it.

Now i'd like to download it again but i cannot. i go through the same steps to get the ota mailed to me but it says i'm already registered, which of course i am.

How can i get the ota again? i tried to post a question on the lab's site and that error ed out.

Thanks for any help!
    Do you still have the original email they sent to your Berry with the OTA link?

Maybe they'll notice this post.
    10-22-08 11:15 PM
    No i deleted it!

Yes! They emailed it to me again like 10 mintues after this!

Thank you! i downloaded the app again.

10-23-08 05:25 AM
    http://apps.pyxismobile.com/smartfli...martflicks_all

OTA smart flicks download

10-23-08 07:54 AM
    http://apps.pyxismobile.com/smartfli...martflicks_all

OTA smart flicks download

Good deal! Thank you!

I was trying to install on my fiance's Berry and ran into the same issue with already being registered.
    10-23-08 09:53 AM
    Yes! Keep that OTA around! i'm loving the app now that i see it does more than the wap site and it doesn't lag my phone!

Great job on it, guys!

10-23-08 09:59 AM
    thanks a lot, I can use this
    10-23-08 05:13 PM
    so, it seems there was an "upgrade" to SmartFlix that allows the font size to be set to whatever your font size is on your blackberry.

i don't like this however because i have the font on my bb set pretty large, at 11, and that is too big to read my queue! movie titles get cut off.

hopefully there will be a way to adjust the font size within the app independent of what the font size is set at for the bb.

just a thought!

ps: if possible can the app maker adjust mt font for SmartFlix smaller on your end?
    11-12-08 02:59 PM
    Oh this app is gonna be sweet. I'm waiting for it to download...

work...what??
    11-12-08 03:07 PM
    lol.

post what you think of the app. i use it quite a bit now! very handy!
    11-12-08 03:08 PM
    Unable to log in. Went to Netflix site and check that my email was all lower case and redid my password. Still no go.
    11-13-08 12:32 AM
    me too -- can't get this thing to log in no matter what...
    11-13-08 04:19 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD