Hi all. I didn't see this on the site so I'd thought I'd share (nor was I sure where to put it). There is a known issue with Blackberry when trying to sync your Yahoo Address book. Desktop manager will not allow you to sync. I called Sprint and we went through all the trouble shooting steps and then had to call Blackberry and they informed us that they are working on it, but not sure when it will be back up and running. There is no work around for this unfortunately. Hopefully this will save at least someone some time. I spent about 2 hours on the phone tonight dealing with this issue.
    Thanks
    01-28-10 09:03 PM
    thanks a lot for this post. I have spent a lot of time searching for a fix. nice to know that one is in the works.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled dm a lot of times.
    01-29-10 05:07 PM
    I have been a Yahoo! Mail Plus customer since 2005, however, due to Yahoo!'s inadequate Blackberry features, i I have begin migrating to gmail. I loaded the Gmail Synch on my Curve and it's almost as good as having BES. And it's free.
    01-31-10 10:53 AM
    No problem. I'll try to post on here when they email me that they've fixed it.
    01-31-10 11:47 AM
    I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago and just gave up. Calendar will sync but the address book will just hang forever and lock up DM.
    01-31-10 10:11 PM
    All

FYI, this is the not so helpful response I received from Yahoo support:

>>>>
    I understand that you are not able to sync your Yahoo! Address Book with
    your Blackberry. I apologize for the inconvenience and I would be happy
    to assist you today.

The ability to sync with your Blackberry is not currently available.
    However, our Engineering and Marketing teams want to hear from you about
    what you would like to see enhanced in Yahoo! Contacts.
    <<<<<<<<<<

There are a number of work arounds you can use. You can export your Yahoo address book to MS Outlook (and sync to that) or export your address book to a csv file on your desktop. Then enter the Blackberry desktop configuration for sync, select address book, and select ASCII.

Hope this helps
    02-02-10 07:38 PM
    I'm syncing with Outlook, I'd just like to be able to easily get my contacts on any computer. Tomorrow I'm going to call Blackberry and see if I can get a status update.
    02-03-10 08:16 PM
    This is extremely frustrating. The same issue happened in November 2009. It wasn't resolved until 2 weeks after it started happening. We're moving into the third week this time around now...
    02-05-10 05:04 PM
    this worked before. why not now?
    02-05-10 07:39 PM
    i tried using address book and ASCII and i got an error message that says some code and check documentation. any ideas??

All

FYI, this is the not so helpful response I received from Yahoo support:

>>>>
    I understand that you are not able to sync your Yahoo! Address Book with
    your Blackberry. I apologize for the inconvenience and I would be happy
    to assist you today.

The ability to sync with your Blackberry is not currently available.
    However, our Engineering and Marketing teams want to hear from you about
    what you would like to see enhanced in Yahoo! Contacts.
    <<<<<<<<<<

There are a number of work arounds you can use. You can export your Yahoo address book to MS Outlook (and sync to that) or export your address book to a csv file on your desktop. Then enter the Blackberry desktop configuration for sync, select address book, and select ASCII.

Hope this helps
    02-06-10 06:00 PM
    The only problem with syncing with Google is PIN numbers aren't included. You can sync just your address book thru DM. Backup/Restore -> Advanced Options and save just the Address Book - all to a file or when you backup your whole phone. This works as I just switched from my 8330 Curve to my Storm 2 and everything transfered over prefectly. Only problem is this isn't wireless.
    02-06-10 06:01 PM
    i had a vcf file the made a csv file and it still didn't work. i just hope yahoo fixes the problem soon. it was working fine before.
    02-06-10 06:27 PM
    Maybe I am missing something but my BB is synced with Yahoo. I haven't had any issues. The only issue I did have was on my mom's Storm. She had Gmail synced first and wanted to switch to Yahoo. That she couldn't do because you can't change the default once Gmail is linked (per Verizon and Blackberry.com/support). But I've had no issues at all with my Tour. Again I could be missing something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 08:44 AM
    I finally got an email from Blackberry support yesterday. All it said was that they are still working on it. This is part of what they sent me.
    "The issue is still being investigated and once the issue is resolved I will send an email.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us."

Extremely vague and frustrating. Oh well what can you do.
    02-07-10 02:49 PM
    Well I finally received an email from Blackberry saying that the problems syncing with Yahoo address book has been resolved. I just tested and it did work!
    02-09-10 05:58 PM
    I still get the synch error so maybe its a new issue.
    02-20-10 09:06 PM
    I upgraded to the Yahoo Plus and it worked fine. According to blackberry's website (under support) you need to have a Yahoo mail Plus acct (It's $19.99/a year) for it work. I can't find the exact link currently, but both I and the Sprint tech rep did find it when I was first having the problem.
    02-22-10 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD