Hi,

Just thought we'd start a official thread. I know there is the beta threads, but I think the water's could get muddy by piggy backing onto them.

Whats everyone's finding ? Whats the good / bad / darn ugly ?
    04-21-09 04:46 PM
    Dunno if this happened before.

But all my facebook messages appeared in my inbox. and all my BB contacts were updated w/ their facebook profile pic
    04-21-09 04:47 PM
    Lets kick things off. I'm using the BB Bold 4.7.0.266 and had FB beta 1.5.0.30 installled and previously I could not synchronise email addresses and guess what ? I've still got the same problem.

Can anyone pull down email addresses from FB to their devices ?
    04-21-09 04:48 PM
    That is a good thing for me (profile pics) because whenever they change their pic, it changes in your contacts
    04-21-09 04:48 PM
    Dunno if this happened before.

But all my facebook messages appeared in my inbox. and all my BB contacts were updated w/ their facebook profile pic
    Did you have to link each of your BB contacts with your FB contacts?
    04-21-09 04:54 PM
    Nope, just opened the app and it asked me if I want to import pics from facebook. Hit yes, and there they were
    04-21-09 04:58 PM
    Exactly my question - I just downloaded it and have set it up to pull pictures off facebook for my contacts...will it do that automatically over the next few minutes/hours or do I have to manually do it (and if the later, how?)
    04-21-09 04:58 PM
    you have to do it manually, go to your friends and select the one youd like to connect with your bb contacts, press the bb menu button and select "connect to blackberry contacts"

also, i have a question, facebook runs fast and smooth on my blackberry 8310, but myspace 1.5 is slow as a snail and sometime freezes up, i deleted it about a month ago, is the myspace 1.6 coming out or something? or have they fixed it with a recent build?
    04-21-09 05:04 PM
    I hate it so far. I installed it, and when it was doing the setup, I backed out before I could choose any of the options, so it linked my contacts with my friends list.
    04-21-09 05:04 PM
    Exactly my question - I just downloaded it and have set it up to pull pictures off facebook for my contacts...will it do that automatically over the next few minutes/hours or do I have to manually do it (and if the later, how?)
    it will do it without your input once you chose the option
    04-21-09 05:05 PM
    Yeah. You can stop the service to detect your contacts and match info/pictures to them under the fb menu.
    04-21-09 05:06 PM
    what would be the purpose of doing the contact thing? I don't understand...
    04-21-09 05:21 PM
    did anyone notice the fineprint that your contact will be sent to facebook? i wonder how that works for privacy
    04-21-09 05:22 PM
    Anyone got email addresses to synch from FB to your device ? Just to need to know if its only me !
    04-21-09 05:33 PM
    what would be the purpose of doing the contact thing? I don't understand...
    It adds info you might now have (like an email address, etc.) from their Facebook profile if they make the info public there, and it makes their picture in your contacts update with their picture on facebook, so you see their current facebook picture whenever they come up in your caller ID.
    04-21-09 05:34 PM
    Looks like it still won't work with 5.0 OS. Anyone else try it and have any luck?
    04-21-09 05:35 PM
    So it looks like it just takes some time. My FB contacts just updated with my BB contacts
    04-21-09 05:41 PM
    - I don't see any changes except the fact that you can now see comments on the status updates. What else is in there?

-Yet you can't see comments on your own status update!

-This app desperately needs a news feed. There is no way to see other people's wall postings, photo upload, etc.

I don't see what the big deal is at all. This thing needs a major overhaul. The mobile site is infinitely better (except you can't upload photos there).
    04-21-09 05:45 PM
    On my home screen, where I'm supposed to be able to view the next two events in my calendar, it seems to be solely referring to the Facebook calendar and nothing else.

So, it looks like all I'll ever see on the home screen are reminders of upcoming birthdays, etc., for people I barely even know. How wonderful.

I haven't found a way to fix this yet...
    04-21-09 05:49 PM
    I have a 8330 running .77 on Verizon.

The App itself seems to be working, it sync'ed with most of my contacts - which I think is cool. It's also started to put FB activity in my Messages folder - which is also cool.

So so far the App seems to be working.

My only issue this far is that on my Today Theme [Curve 8900 Today Plus Replicav2] it's gotten rid of the list of up coming calendar events on my home screen. All my events are still there when I open the calendar app, just not listed on the home screen like before I upgraded FB.

So far I have tried using the stock today theme and had the same issue. Also have done a bat-pull and my calendar events are not showing up. I have also check and unchecked the Calendar update option for facebook and did a pull after that... still no change.

When I upgraded I just installed FB1.5 over what I was using, I think 1.2. So I deleted FB, restarted and it still hasn't fixed the issue...

Is there am option I hit somewhere that would make this not work anymore [that might have only gone into effect with a restart]? Any thoughts/advice?
    04-21-09 05:52 PM
    Anyone got email addresses to synch from FB to your device ? Just to need to know if its only me !
    There's a few people that are using this app, So, Anyone in a position to answer this ???
    04-21-09 05:54 PM
    Looks like it still won't work with 5.0 OS. Anyone else try it and have any luck?
    Crap. That was the biggest question on my mind when this thread popped up. So now I guess the question is: FB or word-wrap? Word-wrap or FB? Stay on .266 or go back to 5.0? Dang.
    04-21-09 05:54 PM
    On my home screen, where I'm supposed to be able to view the next two events in my calendar, it seems to be solely referring to the Facebook calendar and nothing else.

So, it looks like all I'll ever see on the home screen are reminders of upcoming birthdays, etc., for people I barely even know. How wonderful.

I haven't found a way to fix this yet...
    Go into Options, Advanced options, Default services and change the Calendar (CICAL) to your default calendar.
    04-21-09 06:02 PM
    haha.. face book sucks.. lol. dont understand why everyone is in suck a knack to post things so freely about themselfs on fb or twitter.. i just miss the good ole days.. i blame technology!

dont install fb with 5.0.. wont work right.
    04-21-09 06:02 PM
    Calendar stupidity. Rather than integrate with your existing calendar, Facebook installs its own and copies everything over from yours. It also makes itself the default calendar (see Ash_786's post above).

Because BB's default is to Show All Calendars, basically what you end up with is two of every entry showing up when you open the Calendar app.

Piece of crap.
    Last edited by mmaginnis; 04-21-09 at 06:11 PM.
    04-21-09 06:06 PM
188 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD