Just upgraded from 9700 to 9780 and installed the Sirius blackberry app.
    Running the app immediately brings up a "Service temporary unavailable" message.

I searched crackberry.com and found that the app manufacturer is QuickPlay Media, 877-342-0513, QuickPlay Media - Home .

I called QuickPlay and spoke with a representative who stated that the 9780 was not supported. She further said that she was unaware of any future plans to support the 9780.

I then went to QuickPlay Media - Home and submitted a contact form.

You might want to give QuickPlay Media a call at 877-342-0513 seeking product support for the 9780.
    ungibbed likes this.
    11-18-10 11:24 AM
    It's not that it's not supported on the device in particular, it's the OS. The 9780 comes with OS 6 which apparently the app doesn't work with. I installed the Storm version on my Torch and I get the same error. My friend has a 9650 and installed the 9700 version and it works fine.

They really have no choice but to update the app to be compatible with OS 6 since more devices will be released with it.
    ungibbed likes this.
    12-15-10 08:50 AM
    The Sirius App on OS 6 9780 issue. It's the ONE APP I upgraded my Blackberry to get. I came off a Perl 8,000 series.
    It would not have worked on that. I stopped in to a T-Mobile store about 2 weeks before the launch of the 9780 and the salesman steered me toward the 9780.

Hey, I'm glad he did! I love it. QUANTUM leap over my pearl, but the Sirius APP does NOT WORK - you just get "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

I'll call as suggested, but over time, they have to get this fixed. There are going to be a LOT of 9780 users.

IDEA!
    Call or email Howard Stern. He's a HUGE proponent of the Sirius App and talks about it constantly. If you told him of the problem even via email, it may go viral and get fixed sooner!
    I'm going to try and email him. Worth a shot.
    ungibbed likes this.
    01-28-11 04:00 PM
    I'm sure after enough people call in and voice that they want the application updated to be OS 6 compatible ASAP they will do it. We also have SiriusXM and haven't used the application in awhile, but nice to know it wouldn't have worked anyways if I installed. Hopefully they update soon.
    01-28-11 04:03 PM
    Has this problem been solved yet? I was just checking the sirius site, still doesn't list any os 6 models, or any update on the situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 07:42 PM
    just got the 9780, and the app still doesn't work. I had the 9700 b4 with OS6 on it and it worked! so i don't know what the deal is.
    05-10-11 12:55 PM
    Sounds like it's just a specific OS 6 issue. I had the same problem with Garmin Mobile when I updated my 9700 from 5.x to the official T-Mobile 6.0.xxx release where it could not negotiate with any GPS satellites.

Thankfully, a call to Garmin fixed the problem as they rolled out a 6.0 release of Garmin Mobile.

On a side note, I never knew all this time that Sirius has an official BlackBerry app. Is this the type of subscription where you must already own a Sirius receiver?

If I can get Howard on my Bold 9700, I have no excuse to ever sell my precious

Damn... No playback here either...
    Last edited by ungibbed; 05-10-11 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Crap...
    05-10-11 01:12 PM
    Installed the demo app via email link and installed with default permissions.

Hit up application management and loaded up the Sirius|XM in the list and edited the permissions, changed to all, saved and ran quickpull

After I loaded back up, I managed to get a different error, but gave another shot. Now listening Howard as I type.

Proof for those listening, Robin is announcing a reality show about Sara Palin.
    05-10-11 02:03 PM
    I have found a workaround that helps a little - there is an application called "Jamcast" (you'll need to Google it as I can't post links yet) that allows you to stream your PC audio to an external device (such as your BB)

Using this, I manually log into SXM on my PC, and for the next two hours or so (ie until the PC client times out) I can hear it on my BB - this works on my Bold 9780.

Not perfect, but better than nothing - certainly, good if I am away from my home for an hour or two..

Hope this helps somebody...
    06-14-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD