Ok, glad its not me LOL I went back to 2.1 and it hasnt happened yet...
    so yeh, something is triggering it to loop, and light the screen, but it doesnt come out of standby - weird.
    ha. are you running Peekahoo or any other software like that? i have Peekahoo and wondering if its conflicting with it now?
    11-23-08 06:17 PM
    If someone/anyone with 2.3.0 installed and this issue could send me a log file that would be awesome...

1. Return to the Home screen on your device
    2. Hold down the ALT key and press "LGLG". You don't have to capitalize it.
    3. Press Menu and go to Options
    4. Press Menu and select "Hide all types"
    5. Find AutoStandby in the list and press Menu and select "Toggle filter"
    6. Press Menu and select "Save"
    7. Press Menu and select "Copy Day's Content" and choose Filtered
    8. Paste that into an e-mail to [email protected]

I've not been able to reproduce the issue myself, unfortunately...

Thanks.

-Zaventh
    11-23-08 06:18 PM
    ha. are you running Peekahoo or any other software like that? i have Peekahoo and wondering if its conflicting with it now?
    I do run peekawho, but it never has affected it before, and I have no new emails, when I get an email AS disables and then the pop up comes, then it will go back to sleep.. so no issues in previous versions...
    11-23-08 06:19 PM
    If someone/anyone with 2.3.0 installed and this issue could send me a log file that would be awesome...

1. Return to the Home screen on your device
    2. Hold down the ALT key and press "LGLG". You don't have to capitalize it.
    3. Press Menu and go to Options
    4. Press Menu and select "Hide all types"
    5. Find AutoStandby in the list and press Menu and select "Toggle filter"
    6. Press Menu and select "Save"
    7. Press Menu and select "Copy Day's Content" and choose Filtered
    8. Paste that into an e-mail to [email protected]

I've not been able to reproduce the issue myself, unfortunately...

Thanks.

-Zaventh
    email sent
    11-23-08 06:24 PM
    Installed 2.3 and everything is working normally. I note that when I installed OTA it asked me if I wanted to replace version 2.2.1 with a new 2.2.1, but I did get 2.3.
    11-23-08 06:37 PM
    auhh. we just got an update 2.3.1
    11-23-08 06:58 PM
    Sorry guys. Let's just pretend 2.3.0 never happened?

But seriously, there was a fairly large bug in that version and I apologize. Apparently the single most important line of code was somehow deleted. Unfortunately it never surfaced in any of the simulators but they are not always identical in some aspects to real devices. Please upgrade to 2.3.1 when convenient. It should be available now. Remember to Menu > Refresh on the download page if it shows an old version. I apologize again.

Can I make it up to you by giving you a free app?

-Zaventh
    11-23-08 07:02 PM
    Sorry guys. Let's just pretend 2.3.0 never happened?

But seriously, there was a fairly large bug in that version and I apologize. Apparently the single most important line of code was somehow deleted. Unfortunately it never surfaced in any of the simulators but they are not always identical in some aspects to real devices. Please upgrade to 2.3.1 when convenient. It should be available now. Remember to Menu > Refresh on the download page if it shows an old version. I apologize again.

Can I make it up to you by giving you a free app?

-Zaventh
    hahah. we appreciate it. downloaded both apps and rebooting now. you're the man.
    11-23-08 07:05 PM
    Thanks so much for the quick fix!
    11-23-08 07:11 PM
    Always on top of things as usual Z. Thanks for the free app.
    11-23-08 07:58 PM
    this free app is the same as the "soft reset" app from source forge. it doesn't work on 4.5 os either. unless you set the premission for "email set up to allow. then it works. just so you know.
    11-23-08 10:38 PM
    Great Application from the test beta to the current upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 10:50 PM
    this free app is the same as the "soft reset" app from source forge. it doesn't work on 4.5 os either. unless you set the premission for "email set up to allow. then it works. just so you know.

Works for me, I didnt have to change anything
    11-24-08 07:14 AM
    Me too. Looks like it's the equivalent of the double 3 finger salute.
    11-24-08 07:32 AM
    Actually do different apps with the same functionality....either way, both work for me under 4.5
    11-24-08 09:53 AM
    Hello, I have been reading your post and I see that some of you are able to see pop-ups from Peekawho when you have Autostandby active. I downloaded both apps yesterday and Autostandby works but when my BB Bold is in sleep mode, the Peekawho doesn't work. Any ideas on what it could be?
    11-24-08 04:04 PM
    Works fine on my BB 8330 Curve. I don't have a Bold.
    11-24-08 04:43 PM
    works for me on my non-bold
    11-24-08 07:07 PM
    AutoStandby should work on a basic level with PAW.

However, I'd personally have to recommend Aerize Alerts, since the latest version (1.1.2) is now officially "certified" to integrate with AutoStandby, the first application to take advantage of AutoStandby's new third party API. Personally, I like the pop-ups for when I am using the Browser or some other application, but when standby mode is activated I don't want it to turn my screen on automatically.

With the latest version of AutoStandby and Aerize Alerts, you can control whether you want to allow Alerts to do this by checking/unchecking the "Enable third-party interactions" option in AutoStandby settings.

-Zaventh
    11-24-08 07:33 PM
    My screen doesnt light up with the new version on aerize, so yes I do have to check that enable third party interactions?

It doesnt give me a 3rd party list so I assume it just does it?

Nevermind LOL It works all juuuust fine, i love the new options for hiding the buttons on aerize.. nice!
    Last edited by rachel0179; 11-24-08 at 08:11 PM.
    11-24-08 08:04 PM

However, I'd personally have to recommend Aerize Alerts, since the latest version (1.1.2) is now officially "certified" to integrate with AutoStandby, the first application to take advantage of AutoStandby's new third party API. Personally, I like the pop-ups for when I am using the Browser or some other application, but when standby mode is activated I don't want it to turn my screen on automatically.

With the latest version of AutoStandby and Aerize Alerts, you can control whether you want to allow Alerts to do this by checking/unchecking the "Enable third-party interactions" option in AutoStandby settings.

-Zaventh
    Tried Aerize and it is awesome...but it didn't work well with BBAlerts (which I love). Unfortunately, as soon as Aerize would pop-up the email/SMS message, BBAlerts would stop blinking the LED. This is fine if you actually see the pop-up, but if the phone is in your pocket and you don't see the pop-up, the next time you look at your phone the LED is no longer blinking so you have no idea that you've received a message. I guess this is more of a BBAlerts issue (I think it automatically stops blinking once the home screen is displayed, which Aerize is doing). Great program though...
    11-25-08 07:09 AM
    I am having some issues with AS on my Bold. First, if I have a song paused when it goes into standby a bit of the song plays before pausing again as the Bold goes into standby. Second, when the device is charging through the contacts on the bottom sides and I have AS set not to go into standby, it goes into a psuedo standy where the screen remains on (I have it set to go to the clock when plugged in) but it does not accept any key presses until I press the mute button.

Any advice?

Also, what is the max amount of seconds I can set before it goes into standby after the screen goes off?

Thanks.
    11-25-08 12:53 PM
    works awesome on my bold.
    11-25-08 08:54 PM
    works awesome on my bold.
    I'm running .185 too. And you are not having any of the issues I described? Not even the music unpausing issue?
    11-25-08 10:12 PM
    For anyone considering Aerize Alerts like I am, it's on sale 50% off in the Crackberry store, with a free trial.

-Zaventh
    11-26-08 06:35 AM
386 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD