When running certain applications you are limited to your default backlight time out of just a few seconds. Ever wanted to way to just leave the backlight on? Usiing Google Maps for navigation and the screen keeps turning off? Leave It On is the solution for you.

Features:

• Leave the backlight on automatically for up to 8 applications. Just launch the application and Leave It On will automatically keep the backlight on for you.
    • Keep the backlight on while charging, through USB, car charger or regular charger.
    • Low battery setting. Disable the backlight from staying on when the battery falls below a certain percent (configurable)
    • Set how long to keep the backlight on for, settings from 1 minute to 2 hours or never.
    • System wide "Leave It On" menu option so you can leave the backlight on at the click of a button
    • Turn on screen when an email or SMS arrives

Example applications usage for Leave It On for automatic backlight:
    • Google Maps
    • Shazam
    • 3rd Party GPS applications
    • Media Player
    • Web Browser
    • Blackberry Messenger
    • Weather Apps (WeatherBug, Berryweather with Radar Maps)

Requirements: OS 4.2 and above.

Devices: 88XX, Curve 83XX, Pearl 81XX 82XX, Curve 8900, Storm, Bold, Tour

On sale now for only $1.49

Download free trial or purchase here: Leave It On - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

More information on my site here:
    ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Home
    or mobile version ShaoSoft - Mobile
    Last edited by Shao128; 09-13-09 at 11:02 PM.
    07-06-09 01:00 PM
    I was going to say there are other apps just like this, such as BilbyLight. However, you seem to have some really great customizable options here. Thanks!
    07-06-09 01:40 PM
    Got it! But one question. I marked my browser at "Leave it on" and it stayed on even when I closed it. But if I went through the app and selected it from the list, it worked as it should. When I closed it, the light went off. Does the "Leave it on" shortcut do something differently than selecting it as one of the five in the list?
    07-06-09 02:15 PM
    Got it! But one question. I marked my browser at "Leave it on" and it stayed on even when I closed it. But if I went through the app and selected it from the list, it worked as it should. When I closed it, the light went off. Does the "Leave it on" shortcut do something differently than selecting it as one of the five in the list?
    The "Leave It On" shortcut leaves the backlight on for the duration you have it set in the options, independant of what app is running.

If you have it on automatic it will stay on once the app is in the foreground and then turn off after the application is no longer in the foreground.
    07-06-09 02:19 PM
    Ok, so I put it on for Google Maps and it's showing as "Home Screen" under the App List.

sure enough, the light never dims on my Home Screen; however, all I'm really looking to do is have it not dim for Google Maps. How can I do that?
    07-06-09 02:31 PM
    The "Leave It On" shortcut leaves the backlight on for the duration you have it set in the options, independant of what app is running.

If you have it on automatic it will stay on once the app is in the foreground and then turn off after the application is no longer in the foreground.
    Awwww...I see. Thanks for the explanation. Very cool app.
    07-06-09 02:37 PM
    Ok, so I put it on for Google Maps and it's showing as "Home Screen" under the App List.

sure enough, the light never dims on my Home Screen; however, all I'm really looking to do is have it not dim for Google Maps. How can I do that?
    Launch Google Maps (leave it running don't close it out, just hit the red end call button), then go to Leave It On and click the "refresh apps list button", then from one of "select applcation" drop down menus you'll see GoogleMaps, select that and hit save and you're done.

There more instructions here with pictures: ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Support
    Last edited by Shao128; 07-06-09 at 02:40 PM.
    07-06-09 02:38 PM
    Cool application
    07-06-09 03:08 PM
    App is amazing, works exactly as described and only cost me $1.49.
    07-07-09 11:54 AM
    It's a fantastic app!
    07-07-09 01:05 PM
    I agree, this App is a must have. Works flawlessly.

Joe
    07-07-09 01:07 PM
    This app came in so handy with the stopwatch!
    07-07-09 01:10 PM
    Theres a giveway on the front page of the Crackberry for 100 free copies, contest closes Sunday.
    07-10-09 08:59 AM
    great app, it has always been a pain to have the backlight keep turning off when I'm reading stuff in the browser, not anymore.
    07-10-09 09:35 AM
    BUT.... does it always have to be running in the background, or can I close the app somehow and have it keep working? I just don't like when I have too many apps that are constantly running.
    07-10-09 09:38 AM
    Doesn't work on Pandora or Flycast. Lame. But its a nice feature none the less for all the other stuff I don't normally use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:05 AM
    Doesn't work on Pandora or Flycast. Lame. But its a nice feature none the less for all the other stuff I don't normally use.

Works fine on Pandora on my 8330.... maybe you should learn how to use the app before you say it doesn't work... you need Pandora running first, then switch applications to LEAVE IT ON and refresh the application list, Pandora should be in the list after that, select it, and it should work after that
    07-10-09 11:26 AM
    BUT.... does it always have to be running in the background, or can I close the app somehow and have it keep working? I just don't like when I have too many apps that are constantly running.

Ya it has to be running otherwise it wouldn't be able to detect if one of your selected applications is running.
    07-10-09 11:27 AM

As Drogers pointed it out it has to be running first, you can find step by step instructions here on how to do it too ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Support
    07-10-09 11:28 AM
    Leave It On is the solution for you.
    You bet it is. I tried the trial for 5 minutes and then immediately turned around and purchased it.

It's a little frustrating that RIM doesn't build in some of this basic customizable programming but on the other hand it's good that they open the BlackBerry world to talented programmers such as Shao who can design good programs like this.

If you are reading this thread and sitting on the fence, jump off. This is a "must have" program for anyone who has serious data apps or does any sort of browser work on their BlackBerry.

Three cheers for Shao. An excellent product!
    07-10-09 01:21 PM
    What is different with version 1.1?
    07-10-09 02:35 PM
    I figured it out. It does work on Pandora and about any application you list. I love it. I got lazy, which is why I complained. I didn't look in the options, blah!
    07-10-09 03:59 PM
    What is different with version 1.1?
    1.1 allows for up to 8 auto applications (old was 5). It fixes an issue when the device was locked and set to stay on while charging.

It also adds something new with the auto applications, ill try to explain it the best I can. Lets say you were in the webbrowser and you have it as one of your auto applications and your timeout was set to 2 minutes in leave it on, after 2 minutes the screen dims, then you press a button to bring it back on, it will then turn off after your default backlight timeout (30 secs or whatever you have it set to on your BB). In 1.1 if the user presses a button after it has turned off it restarts the timer, so in this example it would stay on another 2 mins in the webbrowser.
    07-10-09 04:03 PM
    great program, just purchased ... works like a charm
    08-04-09 10:36 PM
    great program, just purchased ... works like a charm
    Yep one of my must have apps.

08-04-09 11:36 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD