Hello CB Community!
    I'm sure you all know about the App LaterDude Pro which allows you to set easy and fast call-back and follow-up reminders from the Call Log, the Contacts and the Messages. These reminders get set straight into your Calendar or into your Tasks App.

The advantage of LaterDude Pro is that it saves it to the internal PIM Apps (Calendar and Tasks) so that it is also possible to sync these with the gmail Calendar or any other Calendars.

Currently I am working on a new version and YOU can be a tester! The beta App works until the 15th of March 2010 and you can get it here:
    1. Go to MobileUtil.com Login from your device
    2. Enter the username cool and the password bean
    3. Download the App LaterDude Pro 2.4.41 onto your device

After download you find the App in the Downloads folder. Open the App there and click Menu -> Register and register it with the key 02052287

Now, until the 15th of March you can test the App. After that the App does not work anymore! Please post your results here in the Forum what you think about this version, what the advantages are, what you don't like about it, and, where and in which situations you used the App!

Thank you all in advance!
    -Fabian
    03-08-10 08:33 AM
    Is the official release coming right after the beta?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 08:37 AM
    Is the official release coming right after the beta?

It will come after the beta but can't yet say when.
    03-08-10 08:40 AM
    Hello CB Community!
    I'm sure you all know about the App LaterDude Pro which allows you to set easy and fast call-back and follow-up reminders from the Call Log, the Contacts and the Messages. These reminders get set straight into your Calendar or into your Tasks App.

The advantage of LaterDude Pro is that it saves it to the internal PIM Apps (Calendar and Tasks) so that it is also possible to sync these with the gmail Calendar or any other Calendars.

Currently I am working on a new version and YOU can be a tester! The beta App works until the 15th of March 2010 and you can get it here:
    1. Go to MobileUtil.com Login from your device
    2. Enter the username cool and the password bean
    3. Download the App LaterDude Pro 2.4.41 onto your device

After download you find the App in the Downloads folder. Open the App there and click Menu -> Register and register it with the key 02052287

Now, until the 15th of March you can test the App. After that the App does not work anymore! Please post your results here in the Forum what you think about this version, what the advantages are, what you don't like about it, and, where and in which situations you used the App!

Thank you all in advance!
    -Fabian
    I'm an owner of the app. and look forward to testing this out. Will current owners get a free upgrade on this?
    downloading now and will report back with feedback.
    thanks in advance
    03-08-10 09:51 AM
    I'm an owner of the app. and look forward to testing this out. Will current owners get a free upgrade on this?
    downloading now and will report back with feedback.
    thanks in advance
    Current owners will have to pay $1.50 for the update to this coming version.
    03-08-10 12:16 PM
    that's disappointing. I love the app but I'm not interested in spending more for it. While I appreciate your hard work and realize it's a small amount of $, I just don't feel it's worth an upgrade price.
    I'm deleting and going back to the version I paid for.
    Thanks again.
    03-08-10 02:02 PM
    Is the name of the beta 2.0 version the same as the original? What I'm asking is, will it overwrite the original?

Either way, do you recommend deleting v1.0 first?

03-08-10 02:06 PM
    I recommend deleting the old version first. You can then always go back to your MyAccount area (where you bought the app) and download the old version again.

@bkrickles Paying $1.50 for an upgrade should really be justifiable! If you buy a car and after some month a newer model of that car gets released, you don't expect the manufacturer to give you that newer model for free? Sure it's a smaller scale here but I'm sure you know what I mean.
    03-08-10 02:11 PM
    Hi Fabian,
    One thing for you to consider regarding the upgrade cost for existing users. Many (if not most) developers give a grace period with upgrade fees. For example, if you purchased within the last 6 months, this upgrade is free of charge.
    Something to consider. I'd be mad to have just bought an app, and then be asked to pay more just a few weeks later.

03-08-10 02:58 PM
    Hi Fabian,
    One thing for you to consider regarding the upgrade cost for existing users. Many (if not most) developers give a grace period with upgrade fees. For example, if you purchased within the last 6 months, this upgrade is free of charge.
    Something to consider. I'd be mad to have just bought an app, and then be asked to pay more just a few weeks later.

Yes, definitely! Nothing worse then purchasing the day before and finding out there is an update the next day.
    Customers who purchased longer then 6 month ago have to pay the upgrade fee.
    03-08-10 03:15 PM
    Fabian - sorry if this has been asked, but do you have a list of new features you've added to the Beta?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-08-10 04:25 PM
    Change Log for the new Version:
    • When you create a new Calendar Event or Task via LaterDude Pro, you get to use the standard input screen for creating a new PIM Entry. Through that you can simply edit all the necessary infos for each Event you create.

• The reminder time for the Event you set up is always set to 1 min. Through that it does not interfere with any calendars you sync your device with and you don't have to change the default reminder time like you had to do in the previous versions.

• It includes a Tell-A-Friend screen so that you can spread the word about LaterDude Pro easier

• The standard length for an event created with LaterDude Pro is now 10 min

• The subject of an email can be set as the subject of the Calendar Event or Task

• When you set an event from the Messages, it does not automatically preselect the 'email' keyword.

• You can add a custom keyword (next to the Call, SMS, eMail, Contact and Meet keywords)

• The day of the week will get displayed in the Dialog where you can quick-select the time and date for each Event or Task

• Many other small bugs were fixed
    03-09-10 02:06 AM
    Fabian,

I use Later Dude Pro several times a day, it truly is a life saver for me. Keep up the good work.
    I will download the beta and most likely will upgrade as well, even if is just to support your work.

03-09-10 10:29 AM
    When I select a contact>task>call> and at the "When?" screen it asks for a time. The "When" screen displays the correct local time but if it is 9:04 AM PST and I select 1 HOUR when the native bb task screen comes up the time is set to 7:04 PM PST. It's nice to be able to edit where necessary but should the time of the task/appointment not populate to the amount of time you select in the "When?" screen?

It works fine when Calendar is selected instead of Task

STORM 9530
    03-09-10 11:07 AM
    When I select a contact>task>call> and at the "When?" screen it asks for a time. The "When" screen displays the correct local time but if it is 9:04 AM PST and I select 1 HOUR when the native bb task screen comes up the time is set to 7:04 PM PST. It's nice to be able to edit where necessary but should the time of the task/appointment not populate to the amount of time you select in the "When?" screen?

It works fine when Calendar is selected instead of Task

STORM 9530
    Thank you for your input. Yes, that's a bug, I'll fix it in the next build! Thank you for submitting it!
    03-09-10 11:26 AM
    I had this program less than 6 months. Usually software developers will give you free updates up to a year. Charging for an update could be argued both ways, but logic says that current owners (less than a year:Practice by most software developers) should get updates for free.
    03-09-10 12:04 PM
    How about the option to add more than one custom keyword?
    03-09-10 01:48 PM
    The subject of an email can be set as the subject of the Calendar Event or Task
    Thanks! I really wanted to see this change. Much better!
    03-09-10 03:10 PM
    I'm quite a newb to bb - so I'm probably doing something a bit dumb, but I'm having problems with the touch interface.

Using Storm 2 9520.

Followed download instructions....started from downloads .... get message not registered etc .. click ok... can see application running behind keyboard (which won't disappear if I run finger down over it as usual) click ... menu ... register... need to press the number key to enter registration code as default is letters and registration code is numbers (probably 'proper' reg code is letters or a mix). Can enter code but if I press on ok or cancel nothing happens. I need to slide finger around the screen to get these buttons highlighted to select them. If I put my finger over the buttons directly they don't select. Is there a compatibility setting somewhere?
    03-09-10 04:45 PM
    I had this program less than 6 months. Usually software developers will give you free updates up to a year. Charging for an update could be argued both ways, but logic says that current owners (less than a year:Practice by most software developers) should get updates for free.
    I would like to see a list of developers that do this. I've been doing the software deal for almost 30 years and the prevalent practice has always been that all upgrades within a revision are free, but major revision changes pay an upgrade fee, ie. you buy revision 2.03.02, you should receive all revisions issued until 3.00.00 or higher is issued. Now in the event you just purchased within the last revision to the next revision, ie. 2.08.32 and then 3.00.00 debuts, the developer will generally offer the new revision for free since you haven't had the benefit of getting any interim revisions, but that is their choice, not the purchaser's. At least that is what I have seen in my limited experience.
    03-09-10 08:42 PM
    Fabian,
    You know this is one of my top 3 apps.....
    I can run it through the ringer if you want....
    03-09-10 08:51 PM
    Really like being able to use the native PIM input screens from LDP.

03-09-10 10:25 PM
    Current user and big fan of the pro. Downloaded the beta and will put it to use.
    03-09-10 10:58 PM
    I just purchased mine in October 2009. Would I still be able to qualify for a free upgrade?
    03-10-10 05:58 PM
    The upgrade price is reasonable, but I am a little disappointed that clients that recently purchased the app not get a free upgrade. There is a known issue with Task scheduling / reminder in the current version that I am using. So, basically I paid for an app that really only does 50% of what I need for it to do. I also made a suggestion that users be able to customise / create their own task / schedule headers. eg. Meting, Call, SMS etc....

Thank you for allowing me to add my two cents!

03-10-10 07:18 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD