I would like to introduce GolfTraxx, a GPS Range Finder application currently for 8800 and 8300 series BBs.

The application is free (if you map a course) during the beta period. We are growing REALLY quickly with over 1k users and over 1k courses world-wide.

We are looking for input from users, so feel free to contact me so that I can send you the url ( Since I just joined, I won't be able to publish them until I have 10 posts - I will update these asap.

We are about a month (maybe less) from opening up our new site with user forums, some cool games/contests, stories and near real-time with a pretty cool moderator - ME.

Feel free to send me comments. If this is posted to the wrong area within crackberry, let me know as well.

gb

'Keep in the short grass"
    02-18-08 08:25 PM
    I downloaded your software and tried it on a resort course (Seaview Marriott Bay course in Galloway NJ) and it did not work. All I got is the hole # and distance for the hole.
    04-15-08 12:02 PM
    Wildeklave -

Did you send in a course and get the link to the mapped courses? If you got that data, the app is working on your device, so that course may not be mapped yet.

gb

I downloaded your software and tried it on a resort course (Seaview Marriott Bay course in Galloway NJ) and it did not work. All I got is the hole # and distance for the hole.
    04-15-08 12:17 PM
    do you have an official list of mapped courses? I know I sent you a few in NJ a few weeks ago.
    04-16-08 02:37 PM
    Will this work with the 8300?
    04-16-08 02:45 PM
    That is somewhat the keys to the kingdom

send me a PM with your email and I can give you a link on a way to search on our site.

gb

do you have an official list of mapped courses? I know I sent you a few in NJ a few weeks ago.
    04-16-08 03:38 PM
    Depending on your carrier it will work either with the internal GPS or you will have to use an external puck/fob. If you have a ATT device, you are good to go out of the box.

Will this work with the 8300?
    04-16-08 03:39 PM
    ewww. ok. well you had me at golf and lost me at puck/fob. :/
    04-16-08 03:40 PM
    OK, I'll try again.

If you have ATT or any other carrier that allows the GPS data feed to be accessed by an external (3rd party software) then you are good to go.

Otherwise, an external GPS receiver - known as either a "puck" in BB terms, or one of the cool key fobs (that is what a car remote control is called) works. The folks at CB have a REALLY cool one in their shop.

Feel free to drop me a call.

gb

ewww. ok. well you had me at golf and lost me at puck/fob. :/
    04-16-08 03:48 PM
    How do I find out if my course has already been mapped? Bayview Country Club, Markham, Canada? Where do i download the software?
    04-17-08 11:21 AM
    Muskoka - Bayview is not mapped, so we would certaily love to get it into our program.

Application:
    Http://pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

Guide to how to map a course and send it to us for upload/download:
    http://pdazip.com/MappingCourses.pdf

Want to have a DETAILED map of your course Use this link to learn how....
    http://pdazip.com/MappingExtras.pdf

Once you have sent in a course, we will send you link to find out what courses are mapped.

How do I find out if my course has already been mapped? Bayview Country Club, Markham, Canada? Where do i download the software?
    04-17-08 12:08 PM
    i tried using your software today at Henderson, nv. I got the gps hole by hole location ok. but the distance from the front, center and back of the green is not right it was showing 12 million yards. what could be wrong?
    05-03-08 12:58 AM
    Nald - The info you got back is that we have the scorecard, but the course has not been mapped. Your app is working correctly. Did you send a course in to us? If not and if you play this course often, may I suggest that you map it based on the course mapping guides.

gb

i tried using your software today at Henderson, nv. I got the gps hole by hole location ok. but the distance from the front, center and back of the green is not right it was showing 12 million yards. what could be wrong?
    05-03-08 01:57 AM
    We just posted the latest build to the site and two significant improvements are included. The first is that Postal Codes are supported (use caps when entering) AND the back (IE do you want to exit) is now in (thanks to everyone who mentioned this.)

Application is at:
    http://www.pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

How to's for mapping are still at:
    05-26-08 01:21 PM
    the distance from the front, center and back of the green is not right it was showing 12 million yards. what could be wrong?
    I hope that was a Par 5.
    06-06-08 01:26 PM
    Actually it is just a par 3 for Bubba Watson and John Daly...

Seriously it means that the course has not yet been mapped. If this is your home course, please feel free to PM or call me and I can walk you through the Basic or Extended mapping process.

gb

Originally Posted by nald
    the distance from the front, center and back of the green is not right it was showing 12 million yards. what could be wrong?

I hope that was a Par 5.
    06-06-08 01:34 PM
    Hello all, I am a blackberry newbie and the first thing I did when I found out about the GPS was to start looking for a software that could give me yardage information on the golf course for my phone. I downloaded Golftraxx and mapped my home course. I am absolutely floored by the accuracy of my curve 8310 and Golftraxx. I have got the phone to read "zero yards from middle" at the visual center of every green I tried it on. This software is awesome!! All you need to do is map out your home course on google earth if it is not already created. The mapping process takes about 45min to an hour your first time. I have created about 5 different maps and 3 "extras" maps and it now only takes me about 30min each. Once you have the course mapped you can download it to your phone as many times as you like for only the cost of the data transfer, which is unlimited for me. If you are a golfer and have a blackberry with GPS, I implore you to try this out! The price is right, it doesn't get any cheaper than free.
    06-10-08 11:24 PM
    I had trouble loading this on my phone...I'm kinda new at this so that shouldn't come as a surprise. I believe it said that it wasn't a real application when I tried putting it on my BB.
    06-11-08 03:50 PM
    Stedy

gb here - This can happen if your device OS is not the most current OR your desktop mgr sw is not up to date.

Feel free to PM if this does not solve your problem. (it usually does over 90%) of the time.

I had trouble loading this on my phone...I'm kinda new at this so that shouldn't come as a surprise. I believe it said that it wasn't a real application when I tried putting it on my BB.
    06-11-08 05:08 PM
    Stedy

gb here - This can happen if your device OS is not the most current OR your desktop mgr sw is not up to date.

Feel free to PM if this does not solve your problem. (it usually does over 90%) of the time.

Looks like I have v4.2.2.123...Would that be the current BB OS? I have a feeling it it my desktop sw...HA...At work here we are waiting for computers with XP, they currently have 2000 :-P

I will try at home with XP. Thanks, this was the first application I looked for when joining!
    06-11-08 05:20 PM
    gbplay - mind sending me the link?

I'd love to have this, now I can spend the money I had planned for either a gps unit or pinseeker on the bold when it comes out

Oh, I'll be mapping courses around Southern California. Mostly LA County, but Orange County and SD County as well.
    06-12-08 04:28 AM
    Hi SurfAnimal.... Here is the info to get started. Feel free to drop me a PM or email directly at [email protected]. I'm on the west coast as well.

Application:
    Http://pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

Guide to how to map a course and send it to us for upload/download:

Want to have a DETAILED map of your course Use this link to learn how....

YOu can find out a course to be mapped at golftraxx.com and once you have sent in a new course, we will send you link to find out what courses are mapped world-wide.

gbplay - mind sending me the link?

I'd love to have this, now I can spend the money I had planned for either a gps unit or pinseeker on the bold when it comes out

Oh, I'll be mapping courses around Southern California. Mostly LA County, but Orange County and SD County as well.
    06-12-08 11:34 AM
    We pushed the Pearl version out this weekend, so anyone who has that device that wants to check it out now can. Same info as above (links, etc.)

Out priority next is the connection strings for carries that are giving us problems. If anyone has info on connection strings/configurations, feel free to send it in to me so I can forward over to dev.
    06-16-08 03:57 PM
    I'm a new Blackberry user.

The installation instructions are for the 8800. Can I use them for the Verizon Curve? Do I need to purchase a puck?

Thanks.
    07-05-08 11:18 PM
    Hi mdscpa - welcome to the world of the crackberry.

Answering your questions.

Yes GolfTraxx is available for the Curve, as well as for the Pearl and 88xx.

WRT VZN - yes it will work, but only with a (GASP ) puck.... Long story that you probaby already know on that one.

We have not seen any issues related to loading the app on VZN phones provided both the phone and desktop mgr sw are both current versions. What we have seen is that the bluetooth connection needs a pretty regular refresh/message between the devices to maintain a good user experience.

You can PM me for any more details or post here. I check each at least once daily.

I'm a new Blackberry user.

The installation instructions are for the 8800. Can I use them for the Verizon Curve? Do I need to purchase a puck?

Thanks.
    07-06-08 01:59 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD