I seen this app posted in the blogs today and downloaded the trial version, (waiting to see if I win a copy). I thought I would like this app because I like the "hidden today" themes, but am tired of the memory leaks with the third party themes. My question is, how close to the actual application should the trial version be. Since I have installed the trial version, my memory has been dropping (about 3 mb in 4 hours), and it seems to shut off, yet the app is still reflecting as on in the options for the app. When I pull my device out of the holster, it defaults back to my original berry weather home screen and wallpaper with no today. I have to go back into the app, shut off and then turn back on.
    05-10-10 12:55 PM
    Has anyone else tried the trial version? I would have thought this app would have been big considering all the theme threads I seen in regards to hidden today.?
    05-11-10 01:48 PM
    I seen this app posted in the blogs today and downloaded the trial version, (waiting to see if I win a copy). I thought I would like this app because I like the "hidden today" themes, but am tired of the memory leaks with the third party themes. My question is, how close to the actual application should the trial version be. Since I have installed the trial version, my memory has been dropping (about 3 mb in 4 hours), and it seems to shut off, yet the app is still reflecting as on in the options for the app. When I pull my device out of the holster, it defaults back to my original berry weather home screen and wallpaper with no today. I have to go back into the app, shut off and then turn back on.
    The trial should be identical to the actual app. It just has an expiration where the app will not run after that date without a registration #.

How are you running the app? To turn it on you must open the app, click on trial and then set it up the way you want it. Then hit back and save and the app should be on your homescreen of your current theme. To integrate BerryWeather, you must open the app, and then hit menu and then BerryWeather Integration and then set it up as prompted. There should be no need to close the app unless you don't want the "today feature" anymore on your homescreen. If you do want to close the app you must open the app, hit menu, click on turn off, and hit OK to verify that it is off. But you can certainly leave it on so it updates.
    I have not had any problem with the app not opening properly after being put in a case.
    And I don't see any more memory leak than I already have.
    Last edited by tellsells; 05-11-10 at 03:26 PM.
    05-11-10 03:23 PM
    tellsells, I have the app set up correctly with the bw integration. I also do not turn off the app, I leave it running. But sometimes, when I pull my device out of the holster, it resorts back to my bw home screen. To fix, I have to go into the app and turn off, then back on for the today home screen to come back up. I am going to try to disable the berry weather home screen and see if that helps.

How long have you been running the app? Have you noticed a memory leak? Thanks,
    05-11-10 03:44 PM
    tellsells, I have the app set up correctly with the bw integration. I also do not turn off the app, I leave it running. But sometimes, when I pull my device out of the holster, it resorts back to my bw home screen. To fix, I have to go into the app and turn off, then back on for the today home screen to come back up. I am going to try to disable the berry weather home screen and see if that helps.

How long have you been running the app? Have you noticed a memory leak? Thanks,
    I just got the trial yesterday morning. I have a Bold 9000 with OS 5.0.0.610 that leaks memory because of my 3rd party theme. I start the day with 30mb and I am at 18-19 at the end of the day. I have a Battery Pull scheduled every morning so the leak does not bother me.
    After I installed deToday the leak did not get any worse. And it does not revert back to the BW homescreen when in and out of a case.
    You might want to play around with your settings or let me know a little more about your set-up and I will compare them to mine.
    I like this app a lot for days that I have a lot of appointments.
    Last edited by tellsells; 05-11-10 at 08:45 PM.
    05-11-10 04:59 PM
    I purchased this app without trying the trial version. I do not like it. If there is a theme with a wallpaper I like, I cannot use the wallpaper, I have to go with the black background or find a pic to use as a wallpaper.
    05-11-10 07:25 PM
    I downloaded the app and it didn't even work after doing a battery pull to apply changes. I didn't keep it long enough to see about memory leaks.
    05-11-10 07:34 PM
    I am still on the trial but I think I like this app.
    There needs to be a few more options such as Bold or Normal font, actual font choices, and the font size needs to be fine-tuned more (as size 10 and 15 are way too small and 30 and 40 are way too big). But it would be nice if there were single increment choices between 15 and 25.
    Below is a screenshot (with BerryWeather integration):

05-11-10 08:25 PM
    I just got the trial yesterday morning. I have a Bold 9000 with OS 5.0.0.610 that leaks memory because of my 3rd party theme. I start the day with 30mb and I am at 18-19 at the end of the day. I have a Battery Pull scheduled every morning so the leak does not bother me.
    After I installed deToday the leak did not get any worse. And it does not revert back to the BW homescreen when in and out of a case.
    You might want to play around with your settings or let me know a little more about your set-up and I will compare them to mine.
    I like this app a lot for days that I have a lot of appointments.
    I disabled the bw homescreen and the detoday home screen has been working correctly now.
    05-12-10 10:19 AM
    My appointments with detoday don't match the ones in my calendar. I have an all day event tomorrow and detoday showed is as 5pm today.

Has anyone experienced this?
    05-12-10 10:26 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for all the comments and feedback. We will release another update tomorrow:
    - font type option (bold, italic etc.)
    - more colors
    - more font sizes
    - option to choose weather data position
    - few bug fixes

My appointments with detoday don't match the ones in my calendar. I have an all day event tomorrow and detoday showed is as 5pm today.
    Do you have the latest version installed? You can check this with "Check For Update" option. There was a glitch with the appointment time in one of the previous versions.

I downloaded the app and it didn't even work after doing a battery pull to apply changes.
    We've recently found a bug, which causes deToday to fail starting, it will be fixed with the new update. I hope you give another try

If you have any issues with deToday, please send mail to support at odeve point com, we will do our best to make this app work for you

Cheers,

Thomas
    05-13-10 10:18 AM
    Those sound like great (and needed) updates.
    This is a very good app and I find it very useful.
    05-13-10 10:56 AM
    This app just got a great update (new font sizes and colors, and BerryWeather positioning). DeToday is a fantastic app for anyone who has a lot of appointments and wants to see them all on your homescreen. The fact that you can turn it on or off, choose how many today items you want listed, and have BerryWeather integration turns any basic theme into a "super" today theme with your own weather slot:

Last edited by tellsells; 05-14-10 at 07:42 AM.
    05-14-10 07:40 AM
    Just downloaded the updated version. Will report back later on that. I enjoy this app. It is the first time I have been able to see my calendar entries on the homescreen without any memory leak at all. The fact that it adds berry weather integration makes it even better. Am continuing on the trial with hopes I win the CB contest. If not, I will definitely buy.

Edit: really like the way you can now change position for BW and the new fonts. Only question I now have; is there a way to customize what info you want brought ober from berry weather. The hi/lo temps and description of the icon (sunny, partly cloudy, etc) take up a lot of wallpaper space. Would be good if that could be eliminated and the icon moved further to the right.
    Last edited by marckatz; 05-14-10 at 08:44 AM.
    05-14-10 08:28 AM
    I agree with markcatz. It is so nice to have the today with out a theme that drains my memory. Awesome app. I'm just amazed that there are not more posts regarding. In the theme forumns there are all kinds of post for today themes and weather slots. This is the best of both imo. Check out the attached screen shot of one sexy home screen.
    05-14-10 08:52 AM
    so can you all clarify for me: this program shows your calendar ALL the time (ie no matter waht is "selected" or scrolled on)? I can't decide if that's a good thing...
    05-15-10 09:11 PM
    so can you all clarify for me: this program shows your calendar ALL the time (ie no matter waht is "selected" or scrolled on)? I can't decide if that's a good thing...
    If you're talking about in the home screen, yes. I don't find any problems with it that way. First time I've been able to get my calendar entries on the home screen without a memory leak (but I'm running a Storm 1 with minimal memory to be able to lose).
    05-16-10 08:20 AM
    It's a good thing if you need it!!!!
    What this app does is turn any theme into a very customized today screen. (It is not an actual theme; it integrates with any theme.) Many themes don't have a "today" feature and if they do they only show 3 or 5 appointments. This app lets you have your choice of the number of appointments on the screen, adjust the position, and change font size and color. And it also has an option to add a weather slot (BerryWeather only) to any theme.
    It's great to use on certain days (or week) when you have lots of appointments. And on days or week with little or no appointments you can just turn the app off if you don't want it on the homescreen.
    Last edited by tellsells; 05-16-10 at 08:48 AM.
    05-16-10 08:36 AM
    This is a very nice app. You can customize it many different ways:

Weather/no weather
    10 different font sizes
    5 different font types
    Ten different font colors to chose from
    You can have up to 20 calendar events showing on your screen
    You can adjust the top and side margins so you can use this with any theme/wallpaper
    You can select your own wallpaper
    You can turn it on or off from the menu
    It is a very small file

This app makes the default zen theme just that much better to use.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 05-16-10 at 10:07 AM.
    05-16-10 10:02 AM
    Greetings,

Is there / has anyone noticed any significant battery usage with this app? I would like to purchase, however I am cautious with my power consumption.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated,

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 10:26 AM
    Greetings,

Is there / has anyone noticed any significant battery usage with this app? I would like to purchase, however I am cautious with my power consumption.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated,

Cheers

There's a free trial so you can see for yourself.
    But to answer your question, I've used it for a week and have seen no excessive drop in battery or memory.
    05-16-10 10:36 AM
    I probably should have noted I am testing it out myself, but simply looking for feedback from a larger pool of data.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers

05-16-10 10:38 AM
    I do like the upgrade changes. What else I'd like to see:

Ability to scroll to the events and click on them to see the entry.

Ability to use the wallpaper that comes with whatever theme you're using. I often pick themes based on how they look with the wallpaper. And with this app, it totally takes that away.

I'd like to have a bold underline and extrabold underline.
    05-16-10 12:26 PM
    It is a nice app. I will definitely be purchasing if I do not win from cb.
    I have to say that I agree with kilted thrower though.
    It would be nice to scroll through entries (with opt for 3,5,etc rows showing at all times).
    And to be able to select the entrie from the home screen would be very convinient as well. Maybe in a future update.
    05-16-10 03:49 PM
    Hi,

Do you have the latest version installed? You can check this with "Check For Update" option. There was a glitch with the appointment time in one of the previous versions.

Greetings,
    I am noticing that all of my ALL-DAY events show up as an entry for 8PM (not 5 as noted by another user). Does anyone know the reason for this?

As far as I know, I am running the latest version, as when I check from the program it says there are no updates.

Apart from this, great trial so far, very useful.

Cheers
    05-16-10 08:05 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD