i am new to the blackberry and am trying to find specific use software. i had a calculator under palm os but haven't had any luck finding anything for bb platform.

i am in need of a calendar/date converter which will allow me to plug in a date, # of days, and it will return the appropriate date (eg., plug in date of 11/28/08, plug in 12 days which will compute and return the date of 12/10/08).

also i am in need of a tip calculator.

anyone know of any software i could check out? i have the bold.
    12-31-08 08:05 PM
    Here's a good tip calculator that's free:

GeoTip Download

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 10:38 PM
    thanks cdf3. how do you load this? i've only done ota installations (eg., google maps, 411, captureit); jad goes to pc hard disk and when i use internet option to find launcher, it can't find. using the desktop download gives me a java script error saying it can't load main something. when i mentioned 'new to blackberry', i meant new like '1 week new'. lol
    01-01-09 12:34 AM
    newbie100

Load or copy the jad file to your BB or its media card. Then using the Media PLayer application, Press MENU, then EXPLORE. Find that jad file and select it. It should then start its installation by going online/browsing to find its necessary files.
    01-01-09 10:58 AM
    thank you, i'll get an sd card and try that.
    01-01-09 01:11 PM
    Have you tried clicking on the JAD link using your blackberry browser?

01-01-09 04:47 PM
    Hopefully you won't get flamed for asking about a tip calculator like we did! Ha. There are several in the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/th...-storm-108098/

01-01-09 04:53 PM
    cdf3 - yes i did click the jad link from bb browser. quite honestly, i thought file extension of .jad indicated to do from the blackberry.

chrisy520 - lol. i don't let that bother me. since i am so new to bb platform, i'm not sure what's what. from what i've noticed looking at different apps, some are only specifically for the storm, so i take it that things that work on storm may not meant to work with other bb's. if i had seen that thread using the forums search facility, i prolly would not have looked at it since it does say storm.

there are a couple of tip apps i found in the c-store and really need the date converter. what happen to the days of free trials? have they gone by the way side? the add-in apps sure have gotten pretty expensive since i purchased them for palm (i had about 12 of 'em that remained on my palm).
    01-01-09 05:29 PM
    i got it loaded and working...user error.

btw, is there any way you can 'rename' an app?
    01-01-09 10:47 PM
    What are people's opinions about GeoTip??
    01-12-09 03:46 AM
    Here is a units converter that is free http://www.tomechangosubanana.com/be...tConverter.jad go to the url on your phone's browser to download it. The website address is BerryUnitConverter - a unit converter for Blackberry smartphones. | Tome chango su banana.
    01-12-09 04:19 AM
    Brian.:

I've used GeoTip for about a month. The user-interface is close to the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I've seen screenshots of such better-looking apps but none that work for the Curve. The function keys are not intuitive and I accidently closed the app, losing my numerical information, a few times. It kinda reminds me of an excel sheet with a macro; nothing more than that.

That said, it does the job. It will tell you how much to tip, how to split a bill, and it accounts for tax. Just don't expect it to wow you with its beauty while it's doing this job.

I'm still looking for a better tip calc app. Anyone got one?
    04-15-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD