Just curious as I would love to have access to a bible anytime. Are there any out there that anyone has tried?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-07 09:09 PM
    I have used Laridian Pocket Bible on my PPC, and PPC phone, and it worked pretty good. I know that Laridian offers some type of BB Bible software, but I have not personally used that particular version.

Try: Laridian.com

(seems I can't embed a link, too few posts...)
    Looks kind of old, but there is a demo you can try....
    10-04-07 11:01 PM
    10-04-07 11:11 PM
    Great, thanks. I'll check those out when I get to my laptop.

10-05-07 09:46 AM
    Try Olivetree there are many different versions and many of these free.
    There bb versions as well as palm, etc...

Bibles and Bible Study Tools for PDA and Smartphone - Olive Tree Bible Software
    Last edited by Darryn; 10-06-07 at 03:37 AM. Reason: forgot the url....oops!
    10-06-07 03:36 AM
    Thanks for the help all....got the Olive tree free ASV version. If I like it, I'll get some paid translations. Thanks again.
    matt
    10-06-07 11:57 AM
    Hi Mlomeli. I too visited both Olivetree and Laridian. I decided upon the later however since the interface had a few extra features that appealed to me. I also purchased the NIV add-on since it is my favourate translation.

I just spent a few hours in fellowship/discussion with a Brother and he had his King James at hand whilst I had my bb with Loridian's KJV and NIV. I found that as the Spirit led our discussion I was able to find scriptures far faster with my bb than if I had my book Bible at hand! The search function is very fast and efficient. I would say though very clearly, that the Spirit led the searches and the program facilitated this most excelently. In a church environment though I feel the traditional book version is still best, but that's up to the individual and his/her circumstances to judge.

Overall I'm really pleased with the purchase and its an excelent addition to my bb's programs Be Blessed.

10-07-07 09:54 PM
    Thanks for the reminder about Olivetree. Used to have it on my Tungsten E and loved it.
    12-13-07 11:41 PM
    Noah Bible Viewer 3 allegedly works but I can't get it to load on the device. I have found NOTHING. Let me know if you do...
    02-23-08 11:02 AM
    I have been using Mobipocket reader and there are many Bibles listed among the eBook resources.

Mobipocket ebook Reader

The BlackBerry version works nicely but I prefer the desktop version for setup and device connection.
    02-25-08 12:09 PM
    Handmark will be launching a new Blackberry Bible shortly. It will be the only wireless Bible with access to multiple modern translations.

Check it out at blackberrybible.com.

Cassidy
    04-07-08 12:02 PM
    I like Noah better than Olive Tree.
    04-07-08 12:11 PM
    I like Noah better than Olive Tree.
    Is there a reason you prefer Noah over Olive Tree?
    04-07-08 12:21 PM
    Is there a reason you prefer Noah over Olive Tree?
    IMHO it has a better UI (user interface), and was also easier to install and use. I do like the navigation in Olive Tree a little better I think, but only if it was made a bit better.

They are both good. I personally would have just done a better job in the UI in both of them, but then I'm a picky programmer.

Patrick
    04-07-08 01:09 PM
    Is there a ota file for that

04-08-08 01:33 PM

04-08-08 01:34 PM

Google is your friend: BlackBerry Bible viewer - introducing Noah Bible Study for BlackBerry

That site has complete info. I should start a "concierege" service for those to busy to use Google. =)

Patrick
    04-08-08 01:47 PM
    I can't remember the site but there is a free version of the bible OTA on the net. You can bookmark it and use it when you want to. I will try and find the site.
    04-08-08 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the reminder on mobipocket - i tried olive tree and noah but haven't been able to find for bb storm (NIV and Message). I'll give it a shot. thanks again!
    01-15-09 11:11 PM
    If you don't want to add another app to your phone, you could always use the Bible Gateway website. It contains dozens of translations and it is all free. It may not be as fast as an installed app, but it is all there and free.

mobile dot biblegateway dot com
    01-16-09 08:09 AM
    I love youversion Bible app at youversion.com I put it on my hubby's phone and sent it to my friend they both love it also. I think I found it on a RIM site or something, it's been awhile I can't remember. Hope rthis helps.
    01-16-09 08:25 AM
    I love youversion Bible app at youversion.com I put it on my hubby's phone and sent it to my friend they both love it also. I think I found it on a RIM site or something, it's been awhile I can't remember. Hope rthis helps.
    I use YouVersion Bible too....it works great on my BB Curve 8310.
    07-10-09 09:31 PM
    m.youversion.com

They have a great Bible app with so many different translations
    07-11-09 12:40 AM
    I used olive tree's ASV, so does my mum on her motoQ. The interface is good, but we haven't tried anything else though
    07-11-09 12:46 AM
    Tried the u version, it good! The only problem is the time it takes to load. So if u plan on using it during a sunday service, u'd be wise to have it loaded up before everything starts
    07-11-09 12:49 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD