Just downloaded FIXMO this evening (around 9pm est) and have been playing around with it for about twenty minutes. Seems great thus far. I wanted to create a thread where those CBusers who have signed up to test the app. could discuss it and any problems/bugs that might arrise.

So what do you think?

You can sign up (download) here. LINK
    You can post feedback/bugs here. LINK
    Last edited by d5115r; 12-29-09 at 11:01 AM.
    12-28-09 08:23 PM
    Attempted to test it, but I kept getting a memory overflow error. So, it's deleted now and all is well again.

FA
    12-28-09 08:26 PM
    no issues so far. liking it..
    12-28-09 08:27 PM
    I kept getting a memory overflow error.
    There were a couple of users who had this same issue that commented on the article on the front page. I've downloaded to the the 9630 and am running the same version of the OS as you, but haven't had any problems. Yet. I'm very excited for this and hope that many users will download and test so that all of the bugs, etc. can be worked out quickly. This is definitely going to be one of my most used applications!
    12-28-09 08:37 PM
    Very well put together app. Does everything it promises.

One thing to note is the Undelete feature works only for items that come in AFTER
    you install the app. It does not undelete items from prior. Not a deal breaker IMO.
    12-28-09 09:05 PM
    Downloaded this evening to my 8350i. Works great so far. I like the battery manager and memory manager functions. The undelete function works good. Would like to see it expanded to include all file types. Right now I have used it for email only. It would be nice to be able to use it on SMS, MMS, and media files located on your phone or mini sd. Same thing for the reply/forward editing and the "flame retardant" features of the app. I would like to see them useable for SMS and MMS as well as PIN messaging. Overall it is a very useful app that could be made more useful for all types of BB users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:32 PM
    I'm on a 9530 OS 5.0.0.428 and the only problem I'm running into is I assigned the Quick Silence to my left convenience key then reset but when I hit the key it opens all the tools. Any help with that would be appreciated. When it does work, will hitting the same key remove the silencer? If so, great!!!
    Last edited by CZeph; 12-28-09 at 09:52 PM. Reason: ID Phone
    12-28-09 09:51 PM
    Just noticed that the silencer icon that comes separate from the main application cannot be moved to my "home" folder... Anyone else have this problem? I'd like it outside of my downloads and easily accessible!

12-28-09 10:10 PM
    I'm on a 9530 OS 5.0.0.428 and the only problem I'm running into is I assigned the Quick Silence to my left convenience key then reset but when I hit the key it opens all the tools. Any help with that would be appreciated. When it does work, will hitting the same key remove the silencer? If so, great!!!
    There are issues with the storm and the dev is addressing them

12-28-09 10:23 PM
    Just noticed that the silencer icon that comes separate from the main application cannot be moved to my "home" folder... Anyone else have this problem? I'd like it outside of my downloads and easily accessible!

I can move mine to the homescreen and back into a folder no problem. Try a battery pull.

12-28-09 10:25 PM

I noticed it. I kept trying and it finally moved, but I had it in the download folder AND on the home screen. Battery pull fixed it. Tried it again and it worked fine. Waited a little longer and moved it again and had it in 3 places. I thought it might just be my phone/OS. When I moved the Fixmo app it actually disappeared altogether until after the battery pull. I reported it as possibly isolated since I couldn't duplicate it. Hopefully others will try and report it on the feedback email.

Very few bugs for an initial drop though! It's pretty slick!
    12-28-09 10:26 PM
    I noticed it. Battery pull fixed it. Tried it again and it worked fine.
    Very few bugs for an initial drop though! It's pretty slick!
    Battery pull fixed it for me too. I was stupid to forget to do one after the install! No duplicates for me though... Hmm. I'm excited; I agree, great initial release!

12-28-09 10:33 PM
    just downloaded it and having no problems on my 9700 bold great app so far!
    12-28-09 10:37 PM
    Downloaded to Verizon 9630 4.7.1.61 and when run got memory overflow error

Did a batt pull now 552 reload software

Trying to delete via dm

Update

recovered the 552 by deleting this app via desktop manager app loader

Please post when a new beta is available....
    Last edited by dave3825us; 12-29-09 at 01:10 AM.
    12-29-09 01:06 AM
    Its running beautifully on my tour with 7.15 hybrid. I must say the design and flow of the app is amazing, it feels as though the app was built into the OS. All the tools work great, I'm excited to see the progress of this beta, keep up the good work!

12-29-09 01:14 AM
    Hi

I just installed the beta version on my Bold 9700.
    I have not encountered any particular problems. It's an application that seems very interesting.

The only slight worry I have met so far is when I put a shortcut in Quicklaunch, Fixmo not start. I do not know if anyone had the same problem.

12-29-09 04:53 AM
    Installed it, tried it, liking it....does everything as stated.
    12-29-09 05:54 AM
    How does the 'flame retardant' work? the description on the front page didn't really explain it. I understand the concept but can't see how it would work?
    12-29-09 07:42 AM
    ah, it's ok, Rick just emailed me now to get testing! thanks again Rick
    12-29-09 08:02 AM
    Ok,,, after seeing others not having any problems I reinstalled it after the my 552.

Still no go. Do these pics help or is there a log file I can post here?
    Verizon Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.61

12-29-09 09:20 AM
    Not sure what's up there, if you email the developer he replies quickly and will sort that out for you I'm sure

12-29-09 09:34 AM
    Not sure what's up there, if you email the developer he replies quickly and will sort that out for you I'm sure

I tried to leave feed back on the page and it wanted me to register. Do you have an email address for him?
    12-29-09 10:05 AM
    The only slight worry I have met so far is when I put a shortcut in Quicklaunch, Fixmo not start. I do not know if anyone had the same problem.

I had the same problem with ShortCutMe but fixed it by adding " Fixmo Tools* " (No speech marks) in the Extra AppName in the Common Config. page

However I cannot get the Quick Silence to work using this method.
    12-29-09 10:08 AM
    I tried to leave feed back on the page and it wanted me to register.
    I would simply register. Of course it's up to you, but it only takes a few minutes. You are presented right away with the option not to recieve any annoying emails from them outside of the replies to any issues you raise. Such a great application... They could use all the feedback they can get; your help will make the final, offical product all the better!

Just posted an issue report of my own. Everything is working wonderfully for me, except for one little bug. As I posted last evening, I couldn't move the silencer to the "home" folder. I did a battery pull and it worked. Then this morning after exiting "bedside mode" the icon on the list of applications had found its way back into the "downloads" folder. Don't know why, but a battery pull didn't fix it this time. Can't seem to get it back out.
    12-29-09 10:28 AM
    I downloaded it and I'm not sure what I did (or didn't do) but after deleting a couple emails and texts-I went to the Undelete tab and nothing shows up. I'm going to do a battery pull and see what happens.
    12-29-09 10:53 AM
796 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD