Needs some input as to which wifi profile applications ( auto on and off) have been working good for you..
    06-11-10 11:29 AM
    Needs some input as to which wifi profile applications ( auto on and off) have been working good for you..
    I don't have an answer for you, but I just leave my wifi turned on and when I am in range of one of my saved profiles, it hops on.
    06-11-10 11:51 AM
    Smart Wifi.
    06-11-10 01:00 PM
    Smart Wifi.
    I also have Smart WiFi and it works great for location based turning on and off of wifi (based on cell towers). It doesn't have the option to turn off and on based on time of day. It has definitely increased battery life on both my wife's and my 9550's. Set it and forget it. Never had any problems with it!

I have tried one or two others in the past, but this one is by far the most reliable. Location Profiler (by ToySoft) had a few more options (like switching sound profiles), but wasn't consistent for me and wasn't able to turn wifi on and off while holstered or if the keyboard was locked. Smart WiFi has none of those problems / limitations.
    06-11-10 01:52 PM
    I recommend SmartWifi as well.
    06-11-10 02:09 PM
    Smartwifi it is then. Thanks for the input .

I never used to bother worrying about battery life either with wifi, but now I am looking to maximize it.
    06-11-10 03:54 PM
    WiFi Hero works well for me. Never tried any of the others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 06:28 PM
    I have been researching as well. It seems that SmartWiFi is the most popular followed by WiFi Comrade.

My favorite place to get apps (Mobi) shows SmartWiFi having 73 rating and 22 reviews. That's qwuite a bit more than all of the others listed (at MobiHand).

I'm going to get SmartWiFi...Im hoping for a sale soon
    06-16-10 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD