My IT department at work made me wipe my device and re-activate BES.

Major PITA - I had to re-configure all my apps.

Anyway, I re installed Berryweather and re-activated it. It works fine, but the "w" shortcut key doesn't work anymore. Now pressing "w" opens up the Blackberry Browser on what I think is the Rogers "get new apps" screen.

Is there any way to change this back so that "w" opens BerryWeather again?

I resorted to setting berryweather as a shortcut in quicklaunch, but would prefer to load berryweather by pressing "w", not "spacebar-w", if possible!

Many thanks!
    03-15-10 09:58 AM
    Check to make sure that it is enabled in the settings. If it is, click on the icon to open the program. Using W should work now.

I've had this happen sometimes when using a new theme. Once i open the program manually, the W shortcut works.
    03-15-10 11:24 AM
    Go to Berryweather/ settings/ homescreen notification icon/ check the box that says "Add (w key shortcut to title)"

This worked for me anyhow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 11:40 AM
    @greggov & @TravellingFool:

Thanks for your help, but that's not it.

I know to check the "Add (w key shortcut)" box, and I can see the "(w)" on the icon. Clicking the icon works, but clicking "w" launches the Rogers "get new apps" site on the BB browser.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing BerryWeather a couple of times too, but no change.

Looks like I may have to live with "spacebar-w" as my BerryWeather shortcut.

I'm wondering if this is something Rogers did recently that is messing up my shortcuts.
    03-15-10 11:50 AM
    Hit Green Call Key >Hit Menu >Options >General Options. Scroll down and set "Dial from home screen" to NO...
    03-15-10 11:59 AM
    Hit Green Call Key >Hit Menu >Options >General Options. Scroll down and set "Dial from home screen" to NO...
    Thanks, but that's not it either. That was the first thing I did when I reset my blackberry. All other keyboard shortcuts are working fine. (anyway, if I didn't have that option selected, clicking the "w" key would have just brought up the telephone, with a the first digit of 1).
    03-15-10 12:01 PM
    It sounds like your "W" button might be mapped to WAP Browser, which you apparently didn't have before the wipe. I don't think you can override that.
    03-15-10 01:42 PM
    It sounds like your "W" button might be mapped to WAP Browser, which you apparently didn't have before the wipe. I don't think you can override that.
    Interesting. Is it possible my WAP browser was disabled before? Is there any way for me to disable it now?
    03-15-10 03:51 PM
    Ok, here's the deal. I know this doesn't make sense, but try it anyway and see. Every reboot or theme change, my w key shortcut stops working. So, I go into bw settings, uncheck "Add (w key shortcut to title)", back out and save, then go in and recheck it and back out and save again, and every single time this makes my w key shortcut work again.

I know it sounds stupid because that option is to add text to the icon, but it works for me.

Just trying to help.

03-15-10 05:02 PM
    Ok, here's the deal. I know this doesn't make sense, but try it anyway and see. Every reboot or theme change, my w key shortcut stops working. So, I go into bw settings, uncheck "Add (w key shortcut to title)", back out and save, then go in and recheck it and back out and save again, and every single time this makes my w key shortcut work again.

I know it sounds stupid because that option is to add text to the icon, but it works for me.

Just trying to help.

You got my hopes up ...

... but I tried what you suggested, and still nothing.

Oh well, I can live without the quick shortcut - still curious why I lost it though!

03-15-10 05:05 PM
    I lost use of the 'w key shortcut' also.

I don't have BES & I haven't wiped my system.
    The function now brings up the WAP Browser.
    (Which was what the 'w key' did originally, before installing BerryWeather.)
    I had tried all the above suggestions & I just tried TravellingFools suggestion.

I'm like you, can live without it, but curious as to why.
    I suspect, in my case, it has something to do with the 'w key' being mapped to the WAP browser.
    The original programing won!

I ran across another thread a couple of weeks ago on the same subject with no clear solution & no reason why.
    So it's not just us...
    03-15-10 06:37 PM
    Ya'll arent the only ones having the problem.

I will have to play around with the settings and see what can possibly relieve the situation. So far TravellingFool's idea has helped my situation so far.
    Last edited by race2c; 04-07-10 at 12:38 AM.
    04-07-10 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD