Thanks Bla1ze for the write up.

Just wanted to let everyone know who didn't see the post that bChat is now available in the crackberry store!

It offers a great threaded sms environment while also combining the ability to send texts longer than 160 characters (there goes one app) and the ability to track your incoming and outgoing text count (and another one).

Also I wanted to answer a few questions I'm sure you will have.

It cant remove the messages from the default sms app. In a perfect world I could do that, but unlike emails, developers dont have access to the sms storage. This is the main reason it is only 99 cents. I feel like value is there to support a higher price since apps like beyond160 are 6 bucks but because of this limitation I felt like 99 cents was a small price to pay for such a small inconvenience as opening and closing the sms app once a day.

Why cant I pick the number? Right now it sends to the mobile number first, if there isnt one then it sends one of the other numbers listed. Is this something else you would like to see an option for?

If you have any questions shoot me a pm or email, or head on over to ALL KAPPS Software - Home

Thanks guys!
    08-18-09 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the info. I've been looking around for some user feedback.
    08-18-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks wfubball!!!!
    Will get this tonight for "the both of us"..
    Thanks for making an "all in one" program & keeping the price low!!
    08-18-09 12:03 PM
    I felt like 99 cents was a small price to pay for such a small inconvenience as opening and closing the sms app once a day.
    Haven't tried it, but I think you can just hide the SMS icon, and go to Messages->Options->General Options->Display New Message Indicator and set it to No. LED will still come on, notification (vibrate/ring) will still happen, and the red asterisk will still pop up for bChat, but you shouldn't have to go into the SMS icon to clear the new messages. However, I think this also stops the new message indicator for email...

Can someone try this out (whoever has downloaded the app) and see if it is a usable workaround? Clearing SMS and this app each message does suck, although for $.99 for such an amazing app I can't complain too much
    Last edited by Strakerc; 08-18-09 at 12:50 PM.
    08-18-09 12:40 PM
    Ugh, this was my one setback - I was off to download it then remembered having to clear the icon in SMS folder AND whatever 3rd party app I had installed (BBText2IM was the one I tried before) Another user mentioned using a firewall setting... I just can't stand to have an unchecked notification on the top of my screen...
    08-18-09 12:45 PM
    I have been using this app and so far I enjoy it. First go into Options->Security options -> Firewall -> The click the box to block incoming SMS messages. However i have noticed that in doing this you can only get the LED and the notification sound when you get a message, I do not recieve an icon on the top anymore. Also in order to still view and send MMS I combined my SMS and MMS folder with my Messages folder. This should now give you threaded SMS in the bChat and your email and MMS in your messages folder. The next step is to go into your Profiles -> scroll down to Advanced -> click BB menu button then click Edit -> under bChat Incoming make sure your notification is not on "mute". The only 2 gripes I hav with this program is

1) No date/time stamp, this really comes in handy and if it could be added to the next update that would be wonderful.

2) No icon on in bar on homescreen when I block my SMS with my firewall. Is there a way around that?

All in all cool app and I look forward to the updates.
    08-18-09 01:00 PM
    Can u firewall native sms and let bchat run on its own? Its what I do for 3jam threaded sms and it works really well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 01:01 PM
    Is there a pop up that notifies you?

08-18-09 01:05 PM
    No pop up that I have found. There aren't many settings yet, as far as I know this is still in beta phase.
    08-18-09 01:06 PM
    i can start a conversation but when someone replies to my sms i get it in the sms folder and not in the chat at all.. any help?
    08-18-09 01:36 PM
    I have been using this app and so far I enjoy it. First go into Options->Security options -> Firewall -> The click the box to block incoming SMS messages. However i have noticed that in doing this you can only get the LED and the notification sound when you get a message, I do not recieve an icon on the top anymore. Also in order to still view and send MMS I combined my SMS and MMS folder with my Messages folder. This should now give you threaded SMS in the bChat and your email and MMS in your messages folder. The next step is to go into your Profiles -> scroll down to Advanced -> click BB menu button then click Edit -> under bChat Incoming make sure your notification is not on "mute". The only 2 gripes I hav with this program is

1) No date/time stamp, this really comes in handy and if it could be added to the next update that would be wonderful.

2) No icon on in bar on homescreen when I block my SMS with my firewall. Is there a way around that?

All in all cool app and I look forward to the updates.
    Thanks for the comments, ive been working on a date and time stamp and that will definitely be included in the next version. For operating system 4.5 it does not allow you to do a banner notification on the homescreen so unfortunately I cant do anything about that although I wish I could

No there is no popup, I find popups very annoying so I did not include them, if this is something that people are interested in I can definitely address this in a later release
    08-18-09 01:46 PM
    Thanks for the comments, ive been working on a date and time stamp and that will definitely be included in the next version. For operating system 4.5 it does not allow you to do a banner notification on the homescreen so unfortunately I cant do anything about that although I wish I could

No there is no popup, I find popups very annoying so I did not include them, if this is something that people are interested in I can definitely address this in a later release

any reason why i can't get my replies in my bchat window? defeats the purpose of threading sms?
    08-18-09 02:56 PM
    any way for you to get autotext to work in bchat?? I'm lovin it so far, with the exception of the lack of autotext and timestamps
    08-18-09 02:57 PM
    I can't even get this application to work on my 8900... running OS 4.6.1.250....
    08-18-09 03:18 PM
    I can't even get this application to work on my 8900... running OS 4.6.1.250....
    I'm mobile but so I can't send you a pm but send me one and let me know what's goin on, I'd be happy to help

08-18-09 03:31 PM
    Ok, just an update, I have had 4-5 people having problems not receiving texts when running tmobile 8900 so I am currently looking into that and should have something by tomorrow.

I have implemented autotext and am working on the time stamp, I will have the storm version out tonight and an update including the autotext and other fixes by the weekend.
    08-18-09 05:19 PM
    Ok, just an update, I have had 4-5 people having problems not receiving texts when running tmobile 8900 so I am currently looking into that and should have something by tomorrow.

I have implemented autotext and am working on the time stamp, I will have the storm version out tonight and an update including the autotext and other fixes by the weekend.
    thank you very much, i'll keep a look out on this so i can re-update my bchat purchase.
    08-18-09 05:39 PM
    I think this is a great app to use, while RIM is toying away on their own threaded sms.

I'm inclinded to agree with everyone. Time stamp would be good, autotext would be nice. Maybe a nice face lift a well, it gets a tad bit confusing reading through a whole chat, as everything seems to be squished together. A message icon would be convenient
    Keep it up mate! Im looking forward to the update.
    Last edited by Cellstone; 08-18-09 at 06:38 PM.
    08-18-09 06:33 PM
    It would be nice if SmartAlert and BerryPopup users could set a notification for this app so texts from different people could have different ringtones.

forkup
    08-18-09 06:46 PM
    I think this is a great app to use, while RIM is toying away on their own threaded sms.

I'm inclinded to agree with everyone. Time stamp would be good, autotext would be nice. Maybe a nice face lift a well, it gets a tad bit confusing reading through a whole chat, as everything seems to be squished together. A message icon would be convenient
    Keep it up mate! Im looking forward to the update.
    Any suggestions for an easier read? I looked into a few things and to me this seemed the easiest but that is just me and I may not be with the majority. The app should have a message icon, if it is not showing up im not sure why right now haha.

edit: Has anyone had the chance to check out the save chat feature? Is that valuable?
    08-18-09 07:05 PM
    I think it should have a text box input, like BBM, instead of just "chat:" It looks a little sloppy. Also, maybe just colored names instead of black names with a colored background. More like BBM as well. I think BBM has a really clean interface.

Also, it seems whenever I press back from a text conversation screen to the list of open conversations, it sends my BB into a bit of a freeze with the spinning wheel for a few seconds. I'm on a Tour.
    08-18-09 08:04 PM
    this looks wicked just standing by for STORM version. Can't wait.
    08-18-09 11:30 PM
    I am having the same problem with T-Mobile 8900. Sound like a universal problem, but if there is anything I need to change in my settings please let me know.

Thanks!!
    08-19-09 12:58 AM
    Downloaded bchat tonight... Works fine with sending out texts but it won't show incoming texts in the application. Only displays new texts in the native SMS inbox. Help please?
    08-19-09 01:33 AM
    I am running it on my storm and its a delight. Mind you only had one conversation since its 230AM. But everthing seems to be working fine thus far. Wfubball thanks again will run it thought its paces when more people are awake.

Im assuming that it has to be running the background so it has to be activated when i restart? or since i did the firewall trick it should be good?

Thanks again
    08-19-09 01:37 AM
458 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD