I nearly had a heart attack yesterday when I couldnt use this app!! The only thing I see this alarm is missing, is the ability to schedule an alarm by the date; For instance If I have an appointment in Three weeks and need a reminder. I guess the blackberry calendar can do that...I hate that app
    That's a good feature request and we've heard so often we'll be making sure it is in the next release!
    08-28-09 03:04 AM
    There are actually some other updates in there too most mostly invisible but the main impact will be a reduced impact on battery life. We fixed a couple of outstanding bugs too
    Great product. Thanks for this terrific tool. I can't begin to tell you how much I use this app.
    08-28-09 03:18 AM
    That's a good feature request and we've heard so often we'll be making sure it is in the next release!

Fantastic, I will wait patiently for the next update...great news, I really love this app
    08-28-09 07:19 AM
    Still can't get .mp3's to play on my Tour with the new update. (I do however appreciate the ability to hide the alarm icon now on my mainscreen.) Why don't my custom sounds work though?? I changed all permissions to "allow" so that can't be the problem. Anyone else with a Tour having this problem still with version 2.2?
    08-30-09 12:58 AM
    Still can't get .mp3's to play on my Tour with the new update. (I do however appreciate the ability to hide the alarm icon now on my mainscreen.) Why don't my custom sounds work though?? I changed all permissions to "allow" so that can't be the problem. Anyone else with a Tour having this problem still with version 2.2?
    I would also suggest that you visit here, it is a specific forum just for the "Tour" and find out if anyone there is having the same problem I have the bold and my Mp3's play fine.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/
    08-30-09 03:14 AM
    I would also suggest that you visit here, it is a specific forum just for the "Tour" and find out if anyone there is having the same problem I have the bold and my Mp3's play fine.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/
    Nothin there. This is more helpful, especially since the BBSmart support guy already posted here. Thanks though Bold lady.
    08-30-09 11:22 AM
    I have one suggestion actually, how about an option to backup the settings of the alarm (within the Device And Desktop Manager), so when we change device, etc it's easy to restore the alarm settings.

I really think all apps should have this option within the application, because DM don't always backup third party apps, database (only when we use Switch Wizard and it's a hassle to do.)

PS: also The BB Smart Shortcut to do backup, i switch to QuickLaunch just because of that feature alone.
    08-30-09 11:24 AM
    I'm still baffled about the banner thing...

I never saw a banner on the "home" screen before.

Are we speaking of the home screen of the application when you have the application called up for editing alarms?

Otherwise, I absolutely love the app, I use it daily.

I find it amazing that RIM doesn't have a multi alarm built in to a smart phone that people use for business. Gee, who'd "ever" have a need for having more than one alarm in a phone they use.... for business... Ugh... Even regular "dumb" phones have this.
    08-30-09 11:55 AM
    I'm still baffled about the banner thing...

I never saw a banner on the "home" screen before.

Are we speaking of the home screen of the application when you have the application called up for editing alarms?

Otherwise, I absolutely love the app, I use it daily.

I find it amazing that RIM doesn't have a multi alarm built in to a smart phone that people use for business. Gee, who'd "ever" have a need for having more than one alarm in a phone they use.... for business... Ugh... Even regular "dumb" phones have this.
    What Blackberry are you using ?? The banner thing shows only on the newer device, if you're using 8330 just like your profile says, then you wont see any.

PS: Newer BB (Javelin, Bold, Tour, etc now have multi alarm but it's bit hassle to setup)
    08-30-09 12:12 PM
    Profile says 8830...

Ahh, newer devices, so that's it... Cool. thanks... Yeah, I'd wanna ditch a banner too then. haha...

And, it's about time RIM gave mutli alarms.
    08-30-09 12:41 PM
    Profile says 8830...

Ahh, newer devices, so that's it... Cool. thanks... Yeah, I'd wanna ditch a banner too then. haha...

And, it's about time RIM gave mutli alarms.
    Sorry i just took a quick glance and thought it was 8330, but yeah older device have no banner icon.
    08-30-09 12:53 PM
    Nothin there. This is more helpful, especially since the BBSmart support guy already posted here. Thanks though Bold lady.
    Ok...I have one more idea. I still have 2 mp3's that dont play on this alarm. Have you tried a few different ones? Also, I have noticed that everytime I set a new alarm, I have to apply the mp3 all over again, sort of giving you the ability to use differnet songs to different alarms I really hope this helps
    08-30-09 12:54 PM
    Ok...I have one more idea. I still have 2 mp3's that dont play on this alarm. Have you tried a few different ones? Also, I have noticed that everytime I set a new alarm, I have to apply the mp3 all over again, sort of giving you the ability to use differnet songs to different alarms I really hope this helps
    I'd tried all my .mp3's that are on my SD card, even ones that work at alert sounds (like BBM alert, ringtones, etc.) and still nothing. I did read someplace else about the Tour having sound issues with custom sounds but I was hoping this latest 2.2 update would remedy that. What do you mean "apply them all over again"?
    08-30-09 08:28 PM
    Hi!

Unfortunately it has come to our attention that due to a bug with the BlackBerry Tour OS 4.7.1.40, there are certain mp3 files for which it is impossible for any third-party application to playback. The issue has been submitted to RIM and they have acknowledged it as an issue to be fixed with a future Operating System update.

Thus far from our own experience, it seems to only be small mp3 files that have this problem. Can you see if you can successfully playback a larger mp3 file like a full song (greater than 3MB in size)?

Thanks!
    08-30-09 11:39 PM
    I have one suggestion actually, how about an option to backup the settings of the alarm (within the Device And Desktop Manager), so when we change device, etc it's easy to restore the alarm settings.

I really think all apps should have this option within the application, because DM don't always backup third party apps, database (only when we use Switch Wizard and it's a hassle to do.)

PS: also The BB Smart Shortcut to do backup, i switch to QuickLaunch just because of that feature alone.
    This one is definitely on the list of things to do. I'm hoping it can be incorporated in to the next version which is being worked on now (v2.3).

Thanks!
    08-30-09 11:41 PM
    I'd tried all my .mp3's that are on my SD card, even ones that work at alert sounds (like BBM alert, ringtones, etc.) and still nothing. I did read someplace else about the Tour having sound issues with custom sounds but I was hoping this latest 2.2 update would remedy that. What do you mean "apply them all over again"?
    When I mentioned "applying them all over again" for instance, I have one alarm set for My daughters school Mon thru Frid at 6AM with Song A. If I want to add another alarm for later in the day or week, I have to apply another song to this 2nd alarm like song B. I initially assumed that when I programed my first alarm with that song A, it would be set for all of my future alarms..which was not the case.
    08-31-09 01:13 AM
    When I mentioned "applying them all over again" for instance, I have one alarm set for My daughters school Mon thru Frid at 6AM with Song A. If I want to add another alarm for later in the day or week, I have to apply another song to this 2nd alarm like song B. I initially assumed that when I programed my first alarm with that song A, it would be set for all of my future alarms..which was not the case.
    Try to:
    Go to Option --> Regular Alarm Default --> create a Default alarm WITH The mp3 of your choice after that, every time you create a new alarm, it will be that mp3.
    08-31-09 09:19 AM
    You've misunderstood what the option actually does. It does not hide the icon itself on the homescreen, but rather hides the banner indicator that the application used to put at the top of the screen. Some people didn't like that, others did, so we put in the option.

There are actually some other updates in there too most mostly invisible but the main impact will be a reduced impact on battery life. We fixed a couple of outstanding bugs too.

Mostly though, the real purpose behind this update was to add in compatibility for Tour users. It's intent was not really to throw in a whole bunch of new functionality.

We are always on the lookout and would love to learn and hear more about what new features people would like to see in this app.

Thanks.
    Yea! I was getting worried about you guys. Glad to see pushing out an update, that banner notification thing was irritating and I thank you for putting the option to turn it off in. The best alarm app I've used since it came out last year and I can't think of anything that I would want added to it. For me, with the option to shut off the banner icon, its perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 11:06 AM
    Try to:
    Go to Option --> Regular Alarm Default --> create a Default alarm WITH The mp3 of your choice after that, every time you create a new alarm, it will be that mp3.
    I just tried this!!! It does work like that too!!! It makes it alot easier for me
    08-31-09 11:19 AM
    Quick question, can I set up alarms and then reboot my phone and have all the alarms come back or do I lose all the alarms after rebooting?
    09-02-09 04:13 PM
    Quick question, can I set up alarms and then reboot my phone and have all the alarms come back or do I lose all the alarms after rebooting?
    once u set them and back out of the settings for the alarms they save so once u reboot your phone or softreset or even quickpull it they will still be there lol only time they will get removed is when a format is done on the phone or when the app is reloaded i think they stay i cant rem
    09-02-09 04:23 PM
    How to I register to the paid version? I had my old activation code transferred to my new phone, but it doesn't have an option to activate the full version.
    09-02-09 07:31 PM
    find the old ver and install it reg it and from the bb its self update it and there u go
    09-02-09 07:34 PM
    I was going to read through all 20 pages but I am just to tired. Has anyone had any luck with this on the 5.0.0.191 os? I tried it but couldn't get the alarm to work.

I do love the app, very cool.
    09-02-09 08:19 PM
    Has anyone found that their Mp3s don't save and have to be reset???
    09-29-09 05:10 AM
331 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD