My friend has a 7100 series and is trying to add me as a contact in BB Messenger. When she sends me the invitation I accept it, but it goes to her inbox not messenger and I stay in pending Status. I have tried sending her the invitation, but she gets it in her inbox not messenger,,, the same results.
    Any suggestions?
    05-09-07 09:23 AM
    I have a similar issue with a Sprint user; very strange, then it sits in 'pending' forever, then disappears...
    05-09-07 09:38 AM
    Are you sending the request via PIN or email?
    05-09-07 10:44 AM
    I use the add contact in Messenger, the notification appears to be going to her e-mail inbox. I do not get an option to add her as PIN.
    05-10-07 06:27 AM
    While in the messenger window, select menu / add contact / scroll to the top / highlight use once / menu /request by pin...
    05-10-07 06:30 AM
    Make sure you are using the blackberry.net email address and no others, but I have found using the PIN is easiest. Once you highlight the contact name, bring up the menu, and select request PIN.
    05-10-07 06:30 AM
    I have a similar issue with a Sprint user; very strange, then it sits in 'pending' forever, then disappears...
    VERIZON user
    05-10-07 07:08 AM
    hmm...'request PIN'...i didn't even know there was that option...i just use add contact from the BB messenger, and i haven't had any issues yet, but good to know!!
    05-10-07 09:22 AM
    Thanks for the pointers. I will try the PIN method and report back.
    05-10-07 02:13 PM
    Having difficulties here too. Don't know what to do from here or where to go! Dang!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 12:14 AM
    Having difficulties here too. Don't know what to do from here or where to go! Dang!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All you have to do is go to the option in contacts that says use once. Hit the menu key not the track ball. Then go to request PIN. Type in the pin of the person that you want to add, and that is it. Hit me up and I will let you know if it worked.
    03-22-08 01:13 AM
    BB Messenger everytime I try to use it keeps saying pending what is going on can anyone help me please
    04-27-08 06:41 PM
    All you have to do is go to the option in contacts that says use once. Hit the menu key not the track ball. Then go to request PIN. Type in the pin of the person that you want to add, and that is it. Hit me up and I will let you know if it worked.
    There is no option "request PIN".

I just recently got my new blackberry pearl 8220. I was told that I could use blackberry messenger to chat with my friends who aslo have blackberry's. But when I send my request for a contact, I type in the PIN and it sends it and it shows that my request is pending. My friends don't receve the request and when they send me a request I don't receive it, we all have the same problem. I live in Haiti I have a few friends who are able the use blackberry messenger, but most of us can't. I went to see my carrier Digicel in Haiti, they told me that it was a problem with all the new blackberry's. Can you confirm this afirmation? If it is not true can you tell me how can I make it work?
    03-22-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD