I just ported the Storm version of Arr! SS to OS 4.3+ devices. You can get more information on my web site at Arr! SS Blackberry. The app is only a few days old and I'm adding new features every day, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. Currently the free version is nearly identical to the commerical version, so if you want you can save yourself $$$ until I get around to adding some more advanced feature in the commercial version (eg Google Reader sync, searching, etc.). Storm/Tour users should still use the version built for OS 4.7+.

07-11-09 08:02 AM
    awesome I was actually just looking for something like this
    07-11-09 10:18 AM
    Wait so is it only the 4.3+ version that is free?
    07-11-09 11:00 AM
    When do you think the google sync will be ported over? That is the only thing missing from all bb rss readers right now. Read the feed on your bb mark it read in google reader
    07-11-09 12:02 PM
    Wait so is it only the 4.3+ version that is free?
    No all versions have a "trial", the trial offers everything so far w/o any limitations. I plan to add some more advanced features over the next couple weeks to the non-trial version....so if you don't need those features, then there isn't much reason to buy the app (unless you just want to).
    07-11-09 12:52 PM
    When do you think the google sync will be ported over? That is the only thing missing from all bb rss readers right now. Read the feed on your bb mark it read in google reader
    Both the 4.3 and 4.7 versions will offer the exact same features, except the 4.7 will take advantage of some of the new features in the API. I've got one-way syncing working now on my end, once I've fully tested it and verify that it's working good I'll put it in the non-trial version.....maybe some time next week. Full two-way sync will be possible, but I'm making that a lesser priority to adding more usability features and cleaning up the interface.
    07-11-09 12:55 PM
    Will that syncing also include marking for share and starring (or at least starring)?
    07-11-09 01:24 PM
    Will that syncing also include marking for share and starring (or at least starring)?
    Not sure yet, I've not looked too much into what all I can do with Google Reader besides download the feed data.....if it is possible I'll try to get it working, no promises though
    07-11-09 01:34 PM
    If you can do it, you definitely have a purchase from me. I'll be honest, I've used other RSS programs on both Palm and BB but it boils down to not having to reread the same items on both my computer and my phone. And also that there are articles that I want to read later and it's better to star them on google and read them later particularly when I don't know exactly when I'm going to get a chance. That chance might be on one of several computer or it might be on my phone. Flexibility is key.
    07-11-09 03:45 PM
    Looks nice but couldn't get it to pull down any feeds to my 8110 pearl os 4.5 on att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 04:31 PM
    Looks nice but couldn't get it to pull down any feeds to my 8110 pearl os 4.5 on att.

Same for me. Bold 4.6.0.282

07-12-09 03:21 AM
    Same for me. Bold 4.6.0.282

Go into the options and change the connection settings.
    07-12-09 11:17 AM
    Go into the options and change the connection settings.
    Tried all 3 options, with mult battery pulls. Didn't work with the 3 pre-installed feeds or any fedds I tried to add.

07-12-09 04:34 PM
    ....And I thought it was just me! Tried all connection settings and nothing. Can't add feeds or view default feeds. Curve 8320 OS: 4.5.0.52
    Good luck with the app. though, I'm in need of a lite RSS feed reader.

07-12-09 04:35 PM
    ....And I thought it was just me! Tried all connection settings and nothing. Can't add feeds or view default feeds. Curve 8320 OS: 4.5.0.52
    Good luck with the app. though, I'm in need of a lite RSS feed reader.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to do some more reading on how Orange's internet connection works.
    07-13-09 08:19 AM
    I added support for the WAP 2.0 connection method, you can download the new version at Arr!! SS - Communication & Internet Blackberry Software. Hopefully this will fix the problems with some users not being able to fetch data from the Internet. I'll have the OS 4.7 version uploaded as soon as possible.
    Last edited by rrife; 07-13-09 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Corrected URL
    07-13-09 09:02 AM
    Hi, just done a clean installation of 1.0.8 & still no joy. Checked the permissions and tried all the options but still no luck. How's the new version working out for everyone else?

07-13-09 04:05 PM
    No all versions have a "trial", the trial offers everything so far w/o any limitations. I plan to add some more advanced features over the next couple weeks to the non-trial version....so if you don't need those features, then there isn't much reason to buy the app (unless you just want to).
    I did buy it earlier today. Seems like a good app to support - I would love to see this rival Viigo - in content, without the huge bulk size that comes with Viigo.

I don't need my Twitter account to load up on it, neither do I need flight itineraries, etc... but the various blogs and news feeds...
    07-13-09 06:40 PM
    Just a quick update, I've got the first cut of Google Reader support about 80% complete, but I keep running into some device internet connectivity issues I'm trying to resolve...hopefully I'll have a new release in the next couple of days with some basic Google Reader support.
    07-13-09 10:11 PM
    yeah i keep trying to get an fmylife feed going but it just says "fetching" then it stops and nothing happens
    07-13-09 11:56 PM
    I just posted Arr! SS v1.1.0 on mobihand, it has better connectivity support, fixes some bugs with certain rss feeds, adds some formatting options and the non-free version has the ability to import Google Reader feeds. To enable Google Readers support, go into the options, check Use Google Reader, enter your Google credentials, save & exit the options screen. Then from the main screen, bring up the menu and select "Sync Google"...this will begin the process of importing your Google Reader feeds, if you have a lot of them it'll take awhile to complete. This release only imports the feeds, the next release will offer more two-way sync capabilities, folders, tags, searching, etc.
    07-16-09 01:11 PM
    sounds good, post when the full google reader one is available. I really appreciate you going through all this effort to make an RSS reader. I really just have wanted a simple RSS reader that isn't Viigo for a long time and this looks promising. Keep it up!
    07-16-09 04:58 PM
    hold up, so has anyone had success fetching any feeds? i've tried using just basic URLs

ex. "www.wired.com"

and feed urls

ex. "http://www.wired.com/feeds/...."
    or
    "http://feed.wired.com/wired/feeds/rss"

and have had no success

everytime i try to get a new feed it says "fetching" then it stops and nothing happens. i've updated to the latest version as well and still no success.
    07-16-09 05:13 PM
    No, still no joy for me either - I'm having the same problems. Waiting, hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that the next revision will work for the rest of us!

Keep up the good work rrife!
    07-16-09 05:23 PM
    Same here...
    07-16-09 10:21 PM
250 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD