New update with new features. Available from App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 08:36 PM
    AP mobile is one of the most used apps on my phone, but... IMO, this new version focuses too much on appearance and not enough on actual usefulness. I ended up uninstalling it, and reinstalling 2.5.6
    If anyone else wants to go back to the older version, pm me and I'll send you the cods and a alx.

07-10-10 01:36 AM
    AP mobile is one of the most used apps on my phone, but... IMO, this new version focuses too much on appearance and not enough on actual usefulness. I ended up uninstalling it, and reinstalling 2.5.6
    If anyone else wants to go back to the older version, pm me and I'll send you the cods and a alx.

Just installed it but overall I have to agree with you.

It's now 1.7mb in size. I'm keeping it for the moment but I suspect I might uninstall it too.
    07-10-10 04:15 AM
    I agree it is a step backwards. Have sent you a PM. Thanks.
    B B

07-10-10 08:01 AM
    The Reuters Gallery APP became available this week. Not sure if it's been publicised here but here is more infor.

I think it's a useful APP, has basic features, a good source of news.

Free Reuters App Lets You View Their Gallery Pictures | PocketBerry
    07-10-10 08:52 AM
    The reuters app is only available for bold and storm though.
    07-10-10 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the file 2K.
    B B

07-10-10 01:13 PM
    Np bro. Glad it worked for you, wasn't sure it would work on anything besides an 83xx curve (granted I'm on the mobile site, so I wouldn't know if you had an 83xx lol).

07-10-10 01:26 PM
    After I select a different value (eg, business vs sports) for the third category, the More item in the menu no longer works. Rather than give me choices of other items to view, it only brings up the bb menu giving settings.

Does anyone else have this issue with the new version? I have uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.

Blazor Boy
    07-11-10 11:50 AM
    How do you get the file to downgrade to 2.5.6?
    07-11-10 10:37 PM
    I'll upload the zip file tomorrow when I'm at a pc for anyone else who wants it. Ldeighme, I sent you a pm.

07-11-10 11:53 PM
    I have tried to install this app. It installs fine but when I try to open it it tells me that it has tried to open a connection inside and outside of my firewall which is not permitted by my IT policy. I have all the permissions set to allow. This is not the first app to give me this problem can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
    07-12-10 08:08 AM
    NEW VERSION IS HORRIBLE.

How can they not beta this and get feedback?

3 catagories?

No more interface with ALL sections to easily zip around?

THIS NEW VERSION BLOWS.

07-12-10 09:05 AM
    I'd like the old version to please. Would it work on the 9700?
    07-12-10 10:11 AM
    SCRID YOU deserve a big fat kiss!

THANK YOU!

How could anyone say this new version is good?

Unbelieveable what they did!!!!
    07-12-10 10:49 AM
    At first glance the updated version appears fresh and functional; however, it�s acting strange on my 9550. While reading an article and placing my finger anywhere on the screen in order to drag and scroll the simple touch causes the article to jump back to the beginning. I�ve tried reloading the app and adjusting the sensitivity settings on the device but both have been met with negative results. Are any other Storm users experiencing this issue?
    07-12-10 11:09 AM
    07-12-10 11:21 AM
    Just got this answer from AP:
    Thank you for contacting AP Mobile. We appreciate it when users provide feedback!

We are working to resolve this issue. Expect an updated build soon.

Thank you,

AP Mobile Team

Here is the issue:

There's a BUG in my Soup (I mean the APP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I select a different value (eg, business vs sports) for the third category, the More item in the menu no longer works. Rather than give me choices of other items to view, it only brings up the bb menu giving settings.

Does anyone else have this issue with the new version? I have uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.

Blazor Boy
    07-12-10 02:56 PM
    It seems to run fine on my 9700. At first, I ddin't like the new layout. However, I'm "getting" it now; where things are located ect. I'll have to keep using it and see how it goes.
    07-13-10 12:02 PM
    Does the More item work after you change the first three catagories? What do you see when you hit More? B B

07-14-10 05:13 AM
    For those who want the old version, I was able to OTA download 2.5.5 from APNews Now, I have the old and new version installed on my phone.

07-14-10 07:19 AM
    It seems to run fine on my 9700. At first, I ddin't like the new layout. However, I'm "getting" it now; where things are located ect. I'll have to keep using it and see how it goes.
    I gave it a chance...and I'm not liking it. How the heck to I get into more items than just the few that are across the top of the screen? When I hit more...nothing happens, if I hit it again, it brings up the settings. If I can get this sorted out, I'll just revert back to the old version.
    07-20-10 09:25 AM
    3.0.28 is out as of a couple days ago. Anyone download it to see if anything has changed???
    07-21-10 08:43 AM
    3.0.28 is out as of a couple days ago. Anyone download it to see if anything has changed???
    I think they just fixed a few random errors. I didn't see much in the update notes.

Update from me. I e-mailed customer support via AppWorld. A rep got back to me in a few hours. They're aware of the issue and they are working on it. I'll hold tight and see if it's fixed. Aside from the "more" not working, I can live with the app in its updated form.
    07-21-10 09:25 AM
    I hate hate hate the new one so bad. I used to be able to have 3 local news sources, but no more. Change is usually fine, but this change SUCKS.
    07-21-10 02:09 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD