My system decided to do a nice implosion the other day and I was forced to reinstall Vista and all my software. Everything has gone great... except for BB Desktop Manager. When I install it, everything proceeds smoothly, I reboot, but I can't seem to open the program. When I double click it, the Manager quickly opens and closes again, and despite reinstalling 5 times, it still refuses to work.

Anyone seen this issue yet, because I'm about to tear out my hair.
    06-25-07 10:55 AM
    Have you downloaded a fresh copy again after the problems? I recently downloaded for my Vista install and its worked fine. Only problem is Vista is really causing problems with my laptop so i'm going back to XP Pro tonight.
    06-25-07 11:35 AM
    Mad, I could have written the same exact post as you. Going back to XP Pro also on my laptop. The SP2 I downloaded about a week ago works fine with my Desktop manager too. But when you download it, be sure all of your virus software is completely off, otherwise it doesn't install correctly and you don't know it until you try to use it! Katherine
    06-25-07 11:41 AM
    What's weird is I was previously able to get it working, but since the reformat and reinstallation, it refuses to work. I'm running 4.2.2, which is the most recent, and it's still causing me grief. BB tech support is less than stunning, so I'm left to fend for myself it seems...
    06-25-07 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD