Is there a way to change the icons on the home screen to the specific application that I want instead of the default ones?

E.

Brand N00bian
    05-01-07 09:17 AM
    Try this....

Once you're on the home screen with all the icons and you're on the one you want to move, press the ALT key (& the trackball). You should see a menu "move, hide, etc...), then move them where you want them to be.

Let me know if that works and if not, someone will update this thread.

Hope this does the trick
    Welcome!!
    Last edited by MMB916; 05-01-07 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Formatting
    05-01-07 11:02 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com! If the above suggestion doesn't work for you, please tell me what theme you are using, and I'll see if I can assist more.
    05-01-07 03:02 PM
    I'm using the BB Dimension Zen theme and it has a home screen with only 5 icons down the left side. I want to change those icons to the ones of my preference. Thanks!
    05-01-07 10:02 PM
    From your home screen, go to the last icon that says Applications and click on it. Now you should see a full page of icons. The first 5 icons in the top row will be what you see on your main home screen. While you are on this page of icons, if you press your menu button, you will see the option to Move Icon, just highlight the icon you want moved, then go to Move Icon and place it in the first 5 and you should be all set.

Let me know if there's anything else
    Last edited by kasperapd; 05-02-07 at 10:23 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    05-02-07 09:36 AM
    Fantastic! That worked! Thanks!
    05-02-07 10:20 AM
    Can You Add More Than 5 Icons To The Home Screen, If So How?
    09-14-07 11:19 PM
    If you unlock all themes, there is one where you can have 6 icons! But, I have it on the Curve, but could never get it on the 8800...

Last edited by anon(153966); 09-15-07 at 07:48 AM. Reason: ...added photo.
    09-15-07 07:43 AM
    I have unlocked themes on my 8800, but I can get a max of 5 icons (+ 1 for sound profiles).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-07 02:53 AM
    To be honest I don't think it's possible on the 8800. The theme I use on my Curve is the T-Mobile Zen - I believe it's the UK version...
    09-16-07 03:20 AM
    From your home screen, go to the last icon that says Applications and click on it. Now you should see a full page of icons. The first 5 icons in the top row will be what you see on your main home screen. While you are on this page of icons, if you press your menu button, you will see the option to Move Icon, just highlight the icon you want moved, then go to Move Icon and place it in the first 5 and you should be all set.

Thank you this was a big help to me as well
    09-16-07 01:10 PM
    Thanks I was wondering that as well.

I keep finding great info on this site.
    09-17-07 05:37 PM
    If you unlock all themes, there is one where you can have 6 icons! But, I have it on the Curve, but could never get it on the 8800...

Hi Navilyn,

Just wondering...how did you move your icons to the bottom of your home screen? I'm using the AT&T Zen theme and it always defaults to the left side.

Also, how do I unlock all the themes? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brant
    09-18-07 01:20 AM
    HERE is how you unlock all the themes and the one that navilyn is referring to is quite possibly the TIM Zen or the T-Mobile Zen, although I'm quite certain in the pic that he had posted is the T-Mobile zen with a custom background...mine is the TIM Zen.

Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-18-07 at 03:51 AM.
    09-18-07 03:39 AM
    Thanks for the link Bla1ze! I'll definitely look into trying this.
    09-18-07 04:18 AM
    This thread has been very helpful, however, I just got the Blackberry 8310 from Rogers, and I am using the Theme: BB Dimension Today.

I want to position my home screen to have my mail summary, blackberry messages, and media player - however, it keeps wasting space with the Call Log (which I never use). I want to find a way to exchange these within this theme as I enjoy the layout - just not fond of the pre-chosen selection of items to be on that screen.

Any ideas guys? The Alt+wheel didn't allow any customization within this home screen at all.

Cheers
    11-02-07 12:21 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com! If the above suggestion doesn't work for you, please tell me what theme you are using, and I'll see if I can assist more.
    You guys are awesome with your inside knowledge. I am on Rogers and use the BB Dimension Today Theme. I find it very useful - especially the Call Log, but would like to add the Address book as an additional icon. Is that possible?
    12-12-07 09:50 AM
    I am playing with a new ATT 8820. I am trying to change home screen background while using ATT Theme. For some reason it changes only in the middle while top and bottom stays unchanged.
    12-12-07 02:53 PM
    does anyone knw how to change the icons on the home screen on the Tour? i just got it today and i'm trying to get use to it.
    07-20-09 11:43 PM
    fantastic advice, thanks for contributing. worked very well, and very easily
    01-18-10 09:50 PM
    Thank you for this! I was just able to move my icons (just got the phone last night) and it's so much more user friendly! (I didn't need 2 e-mail icons in one spot!) Thanks again!
    02-05-10 10:56 AM
    I have the yellow select an icon ball on the lower portion of my home screen but there are no icons to select from. I have go to the phone, select menu, select switch applications and then only five icons appear; phone, msgs, home, browser and BB messenger. How do I get my old home screen back with all of the different apps and functions?
    02-07-10 02:12 PM
    Thanks to you all who share your tips to help us! Much appreciate.
    02-10-10 08:51 AM
    I've got a Bold 9700 on Orange, and I can't edit the icons on my home screen. If anything, they get moved around on their own! Can anyone help?
    02-13-10 09:37 AM

Superb! thankyou, thankyou, thankyou 8)

05-18-10 01:15 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD