First you want to make sure your company has Outlook Web Access(OWA) setup on the server for access.

*Important: Some service providers do not support integration with all email account types. Contact your service provider to verify that Microsoft Outlook Web Access is supported.

*For Black Berry Internet Service accounts
    Before you set this up verify with your IT department you can access it. Some companies may consider this not secure and part of the company email system..

So here we go.

Navigate to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account.

Click Setup Account.

Complete the Email address, Password, and Confirm password fields

The following message is displayed: We were unable to configure <email address>.

Choose one of the following options and select Next.

Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account" and click Next.

In the Outlook / Exchange section, select I can access my email account using a Web Browser (Outlook� Web Access), and click Next.

Note: The Email account field refers to your mailbox name.

To determine your mailbox name, log into the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account and hover over the Inbox folder on the left top corner.

On the task pane, you should see the mailbox name.

Type the Microsoft Outlook Web Access URL and fill out the required fields. Make sure you use Https://

Click Next. The OWA account should appear in your list of integrated email accounts.

If you get any errors with logging in check your info again.

*Also if you IT dept has your work PC that you access with outlook, if your password every expires you will get a message on BIS that you need to update your password to connect to the OWA site.

Hope this help out a bit.

*Didn't see anything in the FAQ section for it. So figured I would make up a step by step guide.
    Last edited by yester18; 04-16-09 at 03:24 PM.
    shawnOST and troubl3dman like this.
    04-16-09 03:22 PM
    Excellent post. Thank you for the comprehensive step by step, only wish someone had done this when I was hashing out how to do this on my own
    04-16-09 03:29 PM
    only wish someone had done this when I was hashing out how to do this on my own
    Sorry,

But hey you figured it out right! It's nice for use people who have work email but are not on BES...
    04-16-09 03:57 PM
    Yeah, bit of trial and error and a lot of frustration getting the right settings (I am the designated IT weenie here, and trust me, it's not actually in the job descpription), but managed it, and have now set up 4 other users.

This thread should definitely be moved to the Help and How To Forum
    04-16-09 04:11 PM
    When I go through this I don't get the Outlook Web Access page of the set up. After I enter my email address and password it says I've successfully setup the account. Only emails are not being forwarded to my BB. Any suggestions?
    GolfCity likes this.
    04-18-09 11:48 PM
    Does this setup work if I have to enter a rolling code every time I access my work email from a non-work computer? I have OWA, but I have to enter a four digit PIN plus a rolling code from my key fob as the password.... I can get all the way to my inbox from my blackberry browser manually (by going to remoteoffice. ge.com and entering my username and ever-changing password, THEN logging in to my e2k email account with my email username and password), and I can even see my messages, i just can't open them... it's very frustrating!!! (My company won't allow personal BB's on their BES and I'm not important enough to have a company BB)....
    04-19-09 10:29 AM
    Does this setup work if I have to enter a rolling code every time I access my work email from a non-work computer? I have OWA, but I have to enter a four digit PIN plus a rolling code from my key fob as the password.... I can get all the way to my inbox from my blackberry browser manually (by going to remoteoffice. ge.com and entering my username and ever-changing password, THEN logging in to my e2k email account with my email username and password), and I can even see my messages, i just can't open them... it's very frustrating!!! (My company won't allow personal BB's on their BES and I'm not important enough to have a company BB)....
    I don't see how you can access your email via a mobile device as mobile browsers lack the required protocols. Also a company's IT dept has the ability to block BIS access to the BES server. Most of those who can't get the instructions above to work it's due to the server blocking BIS access.
    04-19-09 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the post!
    04-19-09 12:58 PM
    When I go through this I don't get the Outlook Web Access page of the set up. After I enter my email address and password it says I've successfully setup the account. Only emails are not being forwarded to my BB. Any suggestions?

When creating an email address in setup put in a fake address and pass word. to get to the advance settings.
    04-20-09 12:28 PM
    I don't see how you can access your email via a mobile device as mobile browsers lack the required protocols. Also a company's IT dept has the ability to block BIS access to the BES server. Most of those who can't get the instructions above to work it's due to the server blocking BIS access.

It's VPN... shouldn't I be able to use the browser on my blackberry as if it were any public computer? I know I can't use the BES server, but I can get to my remote office webmail account, and I can even see my new messages coming in and read the subject lines ,I just can't open the messages... it's as if they aren't links... I thought maybe it was a browser setting or something, but I'm new... (this method of checking my work email is not exactly convenient, but I just want this option for, uh... 90 degree day boating emergencies). Any help or advice is much appreciated.
    04-20-09 07:24 PM
    When creating an email address in setup put in a fake address and pass word. to get to the advance settings.
    After putting in a fake email address it doesn't bring you to advanced.
    it says invalid email address try again, if it persists contact your ISP.
    Any ideas?

Edit. Got it to work...wow, this is cool.
    now I don't have to go through my BES.
    Thanks for the tips
    Last edited by V1V1D; 04-22-09 at 01:55 PM.
    04-22-09 01:43 PM
    great post! wish i had this when i first got my berry. i was able to just put in my name/password and it found my OWA access.
    04-22-09 01:45 PM
    After putting in a fake email address it doesn't bring you to advanced.
    it says invalid email address try again, if it persists contact your ISP.
    Any ideas?

Edit. Got it to work...wow, this is cool.
    now I don't have to go through my BES.
    Thanks for the tips
    Glad you got it to work. I was going to say it may take a few tries.
    04-22-09 01:56 PM
    I think the key is, you have to use your outlook email address and not a fake one. The big difference I'd the time it takes to process the email via BIS compared to BESmmit takes like 15 minutes at least to get my emails vs instant on bes. I guess tje bis is a lot slower to react, but hey, this is the best tip I have seen for my bb. Thank you again for this tip!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 03:34 PM
    I think the key is, you have to use your outlook email address and not a fake one. The big difference I'd the time it takes to process the email via BIS compared to BESmmit takes like 15 minutes at least to get my emails vs instant on bes. I guess tje bis is a lot slower to react, but hey, this is the best tip I have seen for my bb. Thank you again for this tip!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ha no problem glad you found it useful

I normally use [email protected] as an email address and it works fine for me to get to advance settings.
    04-22-09 03:59 PM
    It's VPN... shouldn't I be able to use the browser on my blackberry as if it were any public computer? I know I can't use the BES server, but I can get to my remote office webmail account, and I can even see my new messages coming in and read the subject lines ,I just can't open the messages... it's as if they aren't links... I thought maybe it was a browser setting or something, but I'm new... (this method of checking my work email is not exactly convenient, but I just want this option for, uh... 90 degree day boating emergencies). Any help or advice is much appreciated.
    The BlackBerry Browser doesn't have the same capabilities as a computer browser so it can't process the page properly. This is why it doesn't recognize the email as links.
    04-22-09 05:52 PM
    I cant get emails from school on my curve. they just moved us to windows live, and i dunno how to set this up... can you help me? i tried this and itdidnt work.
    04-26-09 08:36 AM
    Will this update the calendar as well or just email?
    04-30-09 02:00 PM
    Will this update the calendar as well or just email?
    I had the same question here. Since in the calendar options multiple calendars are listed each with a different color.

However if you go the the properties of the calendar and try to switch Wireless synchronization from No to yes - it will not let you. Must be a limitation of the BIS server or just BIS v.4
    04-30-09 02:40 PM
    I had the same question here. Since in the calendar options multiple calendars are listed each with a different color.

However if you go the the properties of the calendar and try to switch Wireless synchronization from No to yes - it will not let you. Must be a limitation of the BIS server or just BIS v.4
    No, it won't the only thing you can wirelessly sync (and not completely I might add) with BIS is just email. It will only do email sync of your inbox and sent items via OWA and only from the point in time of when you set up the link between the two. It will not do any of the other folders in your Exchange mailbox. For that, you need a BES license and BES server in your company attached to the Exchange server... sucks, don't it.
    04-30-09 03:10 PM
    @AmazonAries2011: I use Hotmail (now Windows Live-based) and I can just check it by going to hotmail. com. I was also able to go into my Setup Wizard just now and enter in my Hotmail address so it's now set up as my main e-mail account for my BB. Woo Hoo! Hope one of these 2 options works for ya! Good luck!
    05-04-09 01:06 PM
    I am having issues setting outlook web access on my phone. I followed the steps and I absolutely sure that i have entered the correct settings for my web access service, and that it works fine in my internet browser, but when i go thru BIS, it says that it can't find the email server /url.

When i called t-mobile for support they said that the blackberry OWA doesnt support Servers that are running exchange 2003. anybody know anything about this?
    05-13-09 05:00 PM
    I am having issues setting outlook web access on my phone. I followed the steps and I absolutely sure that i have entered the correct settings for my web access service, and that it works fine in my internet browser, but when i go thru BIS, it says that it can't find the email server /url.

When i called t-mobile for support they said that the blackberry OWA doesnt support Servers that are running exchange 2003. anybody know anything about this?
    If you have a company phone, they may be blocking BIS from attaching to an OWA server. There are ways of blocking it from joining as I have done so at the company that I work for. We are running exchange 2003, but we could always add through BIS until we stopped some users from doing that.
    05-13-09 05:16 PM
    Maybe this doesn't really belong here...but why was I able to sync my calendar with my Palm Treo, but can't with my Blackberry. What did the Treo have that Blackberry doesn't that allowed the syncing? I had to do it "manually" (had to go into the menu and tell it to sync), but it DID sync.
    05-13-09 06:39 PM
    i have 4 users setup with blackberry and an exchange server 2003. It does work, check with your administrator at work for the right settings. Verizon was very helpful too.
    05-13-09 07:43 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD