So I decided to put this tutorial together so new members could familiarize themselves with the site and learn how to use it more effectively, and so existing members could link to it when dealing with someone in a thread.

So, without further delay, here goes:

At the top of every page on CrackBerry.com, there is a bar (header if you will) that will include functions ranging from UserCP (user control panel) to log out.

On this header, you will also find the 'Search Forums' menu. This is where you will enter your search term and the criteria you want to search. It also includes an advanced search link at the bottom.

Once you enter the search term and hit 'Go', CrackBerry.com will then send this query to the database and search for whatever you typed in the search box. It is very simple and straight forward. If, after searching you don't find any answers, browse the first page of threads in your device's section and look for similar posts/threads that may or may not have something/anything to do with what you're looking for. For instance, if you have a problem or question about BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), look for any posts/threads that contain the keywords: BBM, blackbery messenger, messenger, IM etc and browse through there to see if it might be a related issue being discussed by others.

This method eliminates the clutter of members posting 1,000+ threads on subjects that have already been discussed or addressed.

I have included a link to a video demonstrating how to use the search feature.

Other searches and features such as contacting members or searching specific threads or forums can be done as well.

For a thread search:

For a specific forum search:

I hope this helps, and I will be revising this with more details as time goes on but I wanted to put something together for members right now.

Thanks, and happy hunting.

Here is another thread on searching as well.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 08-28-09 at 03:11 PM.
    Tom Kaminski likes this.
    07-21-09 01:51 PM
    Wow! Very nice and to the point!
    07-21-09 01:54 PM
    Nice job but DriftDevil made a thread on this last month, but I guess the more the better. Link in my sig if you havent seen his.
    07-21-09 02:00 PM
    Yep, I have a link to that one in my signature.
    07-21-09 02:31 PM
    Yea, I just now saw the thread. It was well done. Guess I can delete/ask MOD to remove this thread.
    07-21-09 02:34 PM
    Yea, I just now saw the thread. It was well done. Guess I can delete/ask MOD to remove this thread.
    Nah! I wouldn't. Like someone said earlier, the more the merrier.
    07-21-09 02:39 PM
    This thread can serve as a gateway to the other thread. We can leave it open also for search related discussions too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...n-w-pix-242294
    07-21-09 02:45 PM
    Congrats on the sticky!

P.S. Thanks PK!!
    07-21-09 03:06 PM
    Congratulations on making Sticky status.... this is a good thread to have around.
    07-21-09 04:16 PM
    nice to have this im still new to this website and sometimes get lost finding certain topics... heck sometimes i cant even find the ones i post on or the threads i begin... sad i know... but now i can navigate
    07-22-09 12:55 AM
    nice to have this im still new to this website and sometimes get lost finding certain topics... heck sometimes i cant even find the ones i post on or the threads i begin... sad i know... but now i can navigate
    If you click on your name in the forum post, there is a drop down menu that shows up and it will allow you to "See all posts made by ...". You can actually do that for any member.
    07-22-09 01:05 AM
    Nice job 3CISSBB!!
    07-22-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks aristile, fatboy97 and ClintRo.
    07-22-09 10:09 AM
    Nice job! looks very good...
    07-22-09 12:19 PM
    This is like putting 2+2 together.
    07-22-09 03:26 PM
    nice post!!!
    07-24-09 03:38 AM
    Hey there!

That's awesome, I'll incorporate the use of
    search now that its so easy!

Building new habits in the Crackhouse

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 07:52 AM
    Except I cant go to any links in your sig?....I keep getting Cpanel?
    07-28-09 11:28 PM
    Moved to the "How To" forum
    07-28-09 11:51 PM
    Except I cant go to any links in your sig?....I keep getting Cpanel?
    Thanks for the heads-up. There was an error in a configuration file on my new server. It has been resolved.
    07-29-09 01:34 AM
    WOW! Nice work, screen shots and all! well done sir!
    07-29-09 01:36 AM
    Well done!!!
    07-29-09 08:28 AM
    Thought I'd throw this in there but once u search for something and find the links you can further search the thread. U might have 2 go from thread 2 thread 2 find what u need but its better than going page by page of all the entries. Especially handy if the thread has hundreds of entries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 06:17 PM
    I really needed this. good post.
    08-28-09 01:25 PM
    I think more people need to learn how to use this function.

Another good trick *idk if anyone has stated it yet but...

i've always found it easier to search on google

ie. i am searching for help with my trackball because it won't click anymore

go to google and type in
    trackball won't click + crackberry

BAM brings up and ton of threads.
    09-18-09 07:20 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD