Hey All,

Just wanted to drop a quick message on how to report spam in the forums. For the most part we don't get too much of it (and are working on some measures to help us get even less), but should you ever come across Spam or any Inappropriate posts (bad language, blatant traffic leaching, crazy/spammy signatures, etc.) that are offside with our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines then the best way to let us know about this is by using the Report Post function.

When logged in to the site, on every post there is a little image (triangle with an exclamation mark) located in the post header to the right of the post #

This is the Report Post button. Just click that, type in any message to go along with the Report (label it as spam, or inappropriate (and provide reason why), etc.) and then Send Report. This goes to the moderation team who will then take immediate action. Replying to the post or PMing a moderator won't set off the alarms as quick as the Report Post button, so please use that function.

That's it! Thanks for helping make CrackBerry.com a friendly and welcoming environment free of spam!
    TabletsRUs likes this.
    04-07-08 08:54 AM
    Great to know, been here 6 months - never knew that lol
    04-07-08 08:56 AM
    Same never knew and now they're starting to show up more often they're so annoying!
    04-07-08 08:58 AM
    Only thing thats annoying is the "you must wait 60 sec between reporting posts" can you lower that to 30?
    04-07-08 09:01 AM
    Hmm..just checked and didn't easily find an option to change that default time. Will dig a bit deeper later though.

BUT..it's not too a huge of an issue. Most often it'll be the same username posting a couple of spam posts at once. As long as you report one of the posts, we'll check for all of the posts made by that username and wipe them out/ban/delete member in one step.
    04-07-08 09:32 AM
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    04-07-08 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the information.
    04-07-08 04:32 PM
    thank you :]
    04-07-08 09:37 PM
    Good to know. I never knew that as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 09:42 PM
    Cool feature to know about.....I just learned something new
    04-07-08 09:52 PM
    Thx... Good to know.

04-07-08 09:59 PM
    This is good for people to know because last week we were spammed a bit.
    Could not do the report spam from WAP though.
    04-08-08 05:56 AM
    I hate that spam! Thanks Kevin, I never knew that

04-08-08 06:39 AM
    Death to SPAM and all SPAMMERS!!! Keep our forum clean
    04-08-08 06:48 AM
    Caught a few spam posts over the weekend and some people replied to them saying to ignore and whatnot. Just wanted to bump this post and remind you all how to report any spam posts.
    05-19-08 09:54 AM
    Thanks for instructions.

07-23-08 06:51 PM
    Thanks for the info.

08-10-08 08:35 AM
    Caught a few spam posts over the weekend and some people replied to them saying to ignore and whatnot. Just wanted to bump this post and remind you all how to report any spam posts.
    This is good information to know. However, this thread is a sticky, so I don't think "bumping" it will do anything at all.
    08-17-08 05:42 PM
    How do I stop spam on my '@crackberry.com' that gets forwarded to my berry. I would hate to abandon my account to create another, but I'm slowly getting more and more spam each day. No, I don't want to download the Paris Hilton DVD, I already have it.
    08-24-08 01:55 PM
    As a sort of related question, what is the official site policy on users who include a link to a (usually their own) commercial enterprise or site, often completely unrelated to mobile phones, such as property developement for example, in their sigs please?
    09-11-08 07:42 AM
    Very impressed with the Mods' performance when spam is reported. ZAP!!! Zero tolerance for spam.

If its spam they get nuked within minutes of the spam getting reported. Not only the one post which got tagged in the report, but any other spam which the offender has posted right across all the message boards. Serious kudos to the mods.
    10-19-08 08:08 AM
    Thanks for the info. I think I've already reported myself, or at least I should have...
    12-30-08 03:20 PM
    This is very good info...

02-04-09 08:33 PM
    good we can get rid of stupid spam
    04-21-09 03:12 AM
    Learned something new. Thanks.
    04-26-09 02:01 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD