Step 1
    Login to you BIS site depending on your carrier. The most popular carriers are listed below.

Step 2
    Click edit next to the email account you want to remove the signature from.

Step 3
    In the field titled "Signature" erase all the text for no signature or edit it to display something in place of "Sent from my BlackBerry."

blue81to and tomgnc like this.
    09-16-07 05:19 PM
    I try that but cannot edit the 989-620-5136 what am I missing. Alltel buy the way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-07 06:19 AM
    I can't seem to sign into Verizon's BIS site. It says "This device is not accessible through HTML. Please log into through your device's internet service." Anyone have this problem? All I want to do is remove the signature on my 8830!

Thanks.
    10-26-07 12:06 PM
    I have Verizon also and I tried to remove it from the link from above using my BB device directly. I could log onto the site no problem and edit the e-mail, but it wouldn't let me delete the "sent from my verizon blackberry". Not sure why it wouldn't let me delete it. Every time I hit the delete button it would end the session on me instead. No clue!!
    10-27-07 12:05 PM
    You have to log in via a PC to get it to work. Using the BB Browser won't let you edit or delete the signature.
    10-27-07 12:08 PM
    I try that but cannot edit the 989-620-5136 what am I missing. Alltel buy the way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You have to create your user name via your device. Let me know if that helps.
    11-06-07 01:12 AM
    You have to create your user name via your device. Let me know if that helps.
    Yes, it did, thanks. Note to others: The user name is NOT the same as your [email protected]. It is a separate entity on its own that you have to create from your device's browser. You can use the same name (providing it is not already in use) as your BB email address, or it can be completely different. It is a 'master' account by which all of your email accounts can be managed via computer.
    11-06-07 08:57 AM
    Uh...I just went to my email inbox, hit options, and then email settings. It gives you the option to change it. I didn't call or log in anywhere....
    11-07-07 07:49 AM
    My email settings page doesn't give me that option. I can only toggle between email accounts and choose 'yes' or 'no' for 'confirm delivery,' 'confirm read,' and 'send read receipt.'
    11-07-07 08:06 AM
    I changed mine in less than 3 minutes. (on the AT&T/Cingular network)

Open your browser, click on 'Blackberry Start' (one the MediaNET homepage)
    and then click 'Create New Username' and follow the prompts.

After that's all squared away, on your desktop, go to the page mentioned above (click AT&T) and enter the username and password you created from your mobile device, and VOILA! you can edit your mobile email sig. to your hearts desire.
    1425956 likes this.
    11-07-07 09:13 AM
    Uh...I just went to my email inbox, hit options, and then email settings. It gives you the option to change it. I didn't call or log in anywhere....
    I'm guessing that for Alltel customers we do have to log in via pc to do so as we do not have the option of editing via account options for email on the BB.
    Last edited by Caliph; 11-07-07 at 12:07 PM.
    11-07-07 12:04 PM
    Could not find "Blackberry start".
    11-09-07 12:45 PM

not sure how it works on VZ, Blackberry Start is on the MediaNET homepage for Cingular/AT&T users.
    11-09-07 02:04 PM
    Try it again, maybe? I tried logging in via PC earlier today (near the time you posted) and the site was down. It was giving me a message saying the site could not be accessed in this fashion, or some such. I received that message trying AT&T and a couple other sites (T-Mobile went to a different page, though) so it wasn't just my provider. I just tried it again, and it went right to the login screen.
    11-09-07 07:58 PM
    I can't seem to sign into Verizon's BIS site. It says "This device is not accessible through HTML. Please log into through your device's internet service." Anyone have this problem? All I want to do is remove the signature on my 8830!

Thanks.
    Ugh, same deal with me. Another poster suggested that we can set it under desktop manager, but it only looks like sync options?? I
    11-12-07 10:46 AM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    11-15-07 07:13 AM
    Ok, so I entered my PIN and IMEI only to have it being incorrect! WTF?!
    11-15-07 11:17 AM
    Go here to create/edit your settings since you're on sprint:

BlackBerry Internet Service

Its the sprint version of the BIS, which is where you edit your email settings and can remove the "sent from my.." signature.

You didnt try using the vzw link recon gave you did you? thats only for verizon wireless users.
    11-15-07 01:41 PM
    That's the one I tried and it's still coming up with the same message.
    11-15-07 02:00 PM
    I just received my new Blackberry and it is STILL telling me my PIN and IMEI are both incorrect. This is beginning to **** me off.
    11-19-07 10:19 AM
    Finally got through customer service and got it resolved.
    11-20-07 08:03 AM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    This works perfectly. Thanks!
    11-21-07 06:46 PM
    Ditto, this worked flawlessly on an 8830. Thanks very much.
    11-22-07 11:15 PM
    Thanks very much! New berry grl with vzw. Asked in the store today and they knew nothing - this was a big help.
    11-24-07 11:51 PM
    This is fantastic information!! Thank you so much, Trevor!!
    11-25-07 01:03 AM
395 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD