Back to School with CrackBerry.com, BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series

This thread is provide a table of contents for the BlackBerry 101 lecture series and for discussion surrounding the Back to School with CrackBerry.com, BlackBerry 101 lecture series. You can also find the lectures by clicking the Blogs link on the main menu above and selecting BlackBerry 101. It's also under the main Help menu and BlackBerry 101.

BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series
    Introduction
    Lecture 1: Why BlackBerry?
    Lecture 2: BES & BIS: What's the Difference?
    Lecture 3: How to Choose the Right BlackBerry for You!
    Lecture 4: The Basics of Setting Up Your BlackBerry
    Lecture 5: Basic Blackberry Controls
    Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry
    Lecture 7: How to Change your BlackBerry's Wallpaper
    Lecture 8: How to Use BlackBerry Messenger
    Lecture 9: How to Install and Manager Third Party Applications on Your BlackBerry
    Lecture 10: Getting Started with Videos on your BlackBerry
    Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics
    Lecture 12: How to Reload the Operating System on a "Nuked" BlackBerry
    Lecture 13: How to Use CrackBerry.com
    Lecture 14: CrackBerry.com From Your BlackBerry
    Lecture 15: 3 New-To-BlackBerry How Tos
    Lecture 16: How to Take Notes While on a Call
    Lecture 17: Using Auto On/Off
    Lecture 18: How to Download & Install Ringtones on your BlackBerry
    Lecture 19: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes
    Lecture 20: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    Lecture 21: Create Custom BlackBerry Ringtones using your Desktop Manager Software
    09-10-07 01:48 AM
    I'm gonna listen this class...
    09-10-07 02:31 AM
    a great lecture Kevin! Gia, did you take notes?
    09-10-07 04:23 AM
    Yeah, whoever took notes, can you please pass it round...
    09-10-07 04:25 AM
    Dubya,

Yes I took notes. Better yet, I'm going to print out the lectures so I can study every class after work.

Great lecture Kevin! Very informative. I look forward to Mondays now!

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 09-10-07 at 09:27 AM.
    kdeckels likes this.
    09-10-07 07:12 AM
    kevin this was almost better than monday night football (almost) .. great job
    09-11-07 12:15 AM
    I was just wondering where I could read about the history/background of the BB and there it was. Great summary and very interesting!

Thank you very much!
    09-11-07 06:17 PM
    Kevin,

A few months ago I received in the mail a course for $750 or $850 for classes to learn about the blackberry. I don't recall what company was offering it because I tossed the paper out. Since belonging to this forum, there was no need to join those classes.

And now you have given us all the best gift ever: free lessons to learn more about the blackberry! You really are priceless Kevin and I thank you again for these lectures. We all think you are awesome...........well I do anyway!

Gia
    09-11-07 07:03 PM
    Thanks, Kevin! I'm glad I sat in on the lecture! Can't wait for Part II, although I already have and love and obsess over my 8830.
    09-13-07 08:21 PM
    This was great. Thank you! when is the next lesson?
    09-15-07 12:12 AM
    09-17-07 02:38 AM
    Sweet..something to read at work..although I know the difference lol...still an enjoyable read..thnxs Kevin.
    09-17-07 04:02 AM
    i feel like i just earned a Yellow Belt in TaeKwonBerry

w00t!
    09-17-07 07:27 AM
    Great class Kevin!

I use to dread Mondays at work because it's always a zoo but now that you have these classes, I find Mondays most enjoyable and informative!
    09-17-07 09:14 AM
    The guest speaker for lessson 2 was great, and the speech on BES vs. BIS was very informative. That's great there will be more classes! I can't wait until Wednesday! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-07 04:44 PM
    Agreed with all the above. Great guest lecture, and I'm stoked to have class twice a week!!!
    09-17-07 06:33 PM
    Loved the class. Lots of good information and well written.

I do have a question - Is the single license BES as protected and stable as the larger BES server that companies use?

Is anyone here using the single license BES? I am considering it, but would like to actually hear from someone who already uses it.
    09-18-07 01:28 PM
    Hey Class,

Some of you may see this as a good thing, others may see it as a bad thing. The "second" class scheduled for this Wednesday (today) is canceled.

I've been sick the last couple of days (starting to feel better but still out of whack), and I'm just not quite done on the lecture. I want it to be GOOD...so didn't want to cut it short just to get it up.

Look for "How to Choose the Right BlackBerry For You" on Monday...regular schedule in effect!

Thanks for the understanding,

Kevin
    09-19-07 09:47 AM
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. We just hope that you weren't playing hookie

I think next weeks lesson is going to be great as I know there are many who don't know how to choose.
    09-19-07 04:53 PM
    Kevin - thanks for letting us know. Sorry to hear that you were feeling under the weather - glad you're better now.

Looking forward to Lecture#3 on Monday!!
    09-19-07 08:16 PM
    Kevin,

So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. We all understand and only want you to feel better. Your health is more important then anything. Looking forward to lesson #3.
    Take care,
    Gia
    09-20-07 09:07 AM
    09-24-07 12:09 PM
    another GREAT lecture Kevin! Very informative!
    09-24-07 05:50 PM
    Great lecture, a little late for me, but I feel like you knew that since you all but called me out by name...

you�re itching to get the new BlackBerry Curve you�ve seen a couple of your co-workers with. You head on down to the local AT&T outlet (you need to be on AT&T where you live), and you pick one up today. You come home, use it for a couple of weeks, LOVE IT, and BANG�AT&T releases the BlackBerry 8310.
    It's like you know me, and were sitting next to me as I did this last week.
    But at least I went through MOST of your process.
    09-24-07 06:33 PM
    Lecture 4: The Basics of Setting Up Your BlackBerry is now online!

I'm thinking about maybe moving the Lectures to Tuesday from Monday. Sunday is my writing day for these, but if things come up I can't always get it up straight for Monday morning. If we go with Tuesdays, then I can be sure it's up first thing. Thoughts?
    10-01-07 04:07 PM
164 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD