I had noticed the Archive bit when I was looking at the "missing" videos but I was having trouble changing the status. I am administrator but it was still not allowing me to change it. I will have to look at it more.

Okay, I just looked again. And while some of the files on the PB show the Archive bit, they are showing up in MovieSRTPlayer and also in the the file manager-type apps. Some of the files with the Archive bit set are STILL "missing" so even that behavior is not a constant!
    Hi F2,

one thing i had to do with the ones that i could not change the archive bit, was to copy the original file onto the computer (enabling you to be the owner of the file). then i erased the file from the playbook.

after doing so,i right clicked the properties of the copied file on the computer, clicked on advanced, the unchecked everything (archive, compression,etc).

if you click on details, and scroll down, you should see your computer's name or your playbook name as the owner.

if you click on the security tab, it should show your computer name, or playbook network name as a user enabled to read/write the files.

then copied the file back onto the playbook,and there they were...

i have files from 600MB to 8GB in size all appearing with no issues.

it could also potentially be the naming of the file itself... i made sure there were no additional periods or spaces in the name by inserting underscores.

you can try right clicking the videos folder in the playbook (from your computer) and removing the archive there, though i believe these are locked due to similar "owner issue" we experienced with the video files itself.

i hope this helps, but if you require more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me...

i have attached screenshots to show this works on 3 file managers/browsers... i had erased the 8GB files, as they were taking too much time to put back onto the playbook, but i did test it with one first before erasing it.

Note: although you are the admin of your computer, does not mean you are the owner of the file enabled to edit it. this is why copying the file onto your computer is required, to make you the ower of the file. once you modify the file, it is now your creation, with a new modified date in the details tab.

best regards.
    Last edited by Jebus_GT; 06-06-11 at 09:44 PM. Reason: screen shots
    06-06-11 09:32 PM
    I may give that one more shot. My file is simply named dolomites.mp4
    06-06-11 10:09 PM
    just a thought...would be nice if we could sort the files by name, size, date, etc... and if the files (photos, video, mp3) could be opened or previewed in the file explorer.
    06-07-11 07:04 PM
    just a thought...would be nice if we could sort the files by name, size, date, etc... and if the files (photos, video, mp3) could be opened or previewed in the file explorer.
    Sorting will be added in near coming version.
    Actually, you are able to open registered app for files (photos, video, mp3) by tap-and-hold on the filename or icon.
    06-07-11 08:28 PM
    when copying files i think it would be good to have a status bar of the progress. also when clicking on a path it would also be easier if the path/selection pressed lights up in blue similar to how the keyboard works...that way you know what path you pressed, it also adds a form of confirmation to what your pressing the the app.
    06-09-11 03:15 AM
    My File Manager supports file sorting by filename, size, and date, ascending and descending order, now at the latest release 1.1.6.

@mayastig: Thanks for your suggestion, we will put it into consideration in future version.
    06-09-11 04:14 AM
    Great app WoW
    Last edited by BoldBigWorm; 06-28-11 at 01:44 AM.
    06-28-11 01:40 AM
    Great app WoW
    Thanks BoldBigWorm! We're glad that you like it. We will be added more useful features in coming version. Should you have any question or suggestion, feel free to let us know. Have a nice day
    06-29-11 06:18 AM
    Great app! I've been holding off buying a file manager as the Air Browser does most of what I need already - the update today even gave it ZIP capability at long last. But I decided to finally pull the trigger, and I'm very impressed. I especially like the ability to hide files. It makes me feel much more comfortable handing my PB around for others to play with. The only option I'd really like to see that doesn't exist in any of the explorers is unarchiving of .rar files. It's the only reason I ever go back to the PC anymore.
    07-01-11 01:32 PM
    How the heck do you unhide? I have check marked a few files to test, hit hide button now they have hidden icon. How do you remove hidden option? I recheck file and hit hide again but nothing happens.

Can't believe i can't figure this out.

Update: Nevermind DOH!
    07-18-11 01:06 PM
    For those like you who may miss the potentially obvious - how do you UNhide the hidden?
    07-18-11 01:42 PM
    How the heck do you unhide? I have check marked a few files to test, hit hide button now they have hidden icon. How do you remove hidden option? I recheck file and hit hide again but nothing happens.

Can't believe i can't figure this out.

Update: Nevermind DOH!
    Hi, in order for you to unhide those files, all you have to do is to check on hidden files then tap on "Share" button on top.

I will put "How to hide files" and "How to unhide files" topics into Help in coming version. Thanks!
    07-18-11 09:08 PM
    I just wanted to say thank you for such a great app - love the updates. I've had no problems launching any of the flash games from within the app now - this makes it so much easier to navigate to instead of doing it through the browser. Thank you very much for including this ability.
    07-18-11 10:59 PM
    Does anyone know if the app allows (in the bridged mode !) copying and pasting various files back and forth between the PlayBook and the BB phone? Thanks.
    05-11-12 07:33 AM
    Does anyone know if the app allows (in the bridged mode !) copying and pasting various files back and forth between the PlayBook and the BB phone? Thanks.
    Ditto that question...
    05-14-12 11:40 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD