I love my PB; got it on launch day, but I'm very disappointed in the lack of (even a few) decent apps.

I'm not asking for much, just a few core/mainstream "professional" apps for the "professional" grade tablet.

I understand that "they're coming", but this announcement by Box.net of an app for the new HP TouchPad available same day of release is somewhat frustrating.

I'm not trying to trash RIM, or say PB stinks. I defend RIM/Blackberry to all my Apple/Android toting friends.

I love my BB & PB, and plan on getting 9900 at release, but this is discouraging.

Why didn't RIM work with Box.net (or Dropbox...or much of anyone) on a few decent core apps for the PB?

Bringing Box to HP TouchPad | The Box Blog - Read about new features, interviews and more
    07-02-11 02:56 PM
    did you check and see if the hp touchpad actually got the app? Was suppose to have kindle app at launch too but seems all they get a splash screen that states beta and that its coming soon.
    07-02-11 03:20 PM
    it looks like they did work with a few people like zinio (magazines) but it also seems that these apps are being held up for whatever reason. It is inexplicable to me why these apps that we know exist are not being released.
    07-02-11 09:38 PM
    did you check and see if the hp touchpad actually got the app? Was suppose to have kindle app at launch too but seems all they get a splash screen that states beta and that its coming soon.
    They do indeed have the app, and everyone who signs up gets a 50gb account free for life. Needless to say, I have some envy issues regarding that.
    07-02-11 10:43 PM
    I thought the OP would like to know the following from PC World. "Box.net Plans HTML5 Apps This Year... Working from a common HTML5 code base will save a lot of development time, Levie said. First on the list for an HTML5-based app will be the BlackBerry OS, for which Box.net expects to make an announcement in August."

Just a heads up! Here is the link to the source article. Box.net Plans HTML5 Apps This Year | PCWorld Business Center

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 08:24 PM
    well I'm glad that before I returned mine I signed up for the 50GB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 12:33 PM
    I use both Dropbox and Box. Exsafe on PB would be nice. Also, Box web interface is easier to navigate than Dropbox.
    07-22-11 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD