04-12-11 12:05 PM
    looking good, now we just need it to go on sale!
    04-12-11 12:26 PM
    Nothing new shown here. Would love to see the memory allocation and a bit of the browser. Perhaps even some developed software for the 6.1 platform. Never understood why RIM does not bring a few developers in early to work on a couple of apps and even a theme or 2? It would be real nice when a berry launched to be able to move and have a majority of apps work on day 1.
    04-12-11 12:54 PM
    Nothing new shown here. Would love to see the memory allocation and a bit of the browser. Perhaps even some developed software for the 6.1 platform. Never understood why RIM does not bring a few developers in early to work on a couple of apps and even a theme or 2? It would be real nice when a berry launched to be able to move and have a majority of apps work on day 1.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did that, but you wouldn't see that until BBW. The Gag orders and NDA's would mean that if they showed it off, they would be sued, and probably never get that sort of opportunity again.

I wonder if the Playbook deals with EA will translate to a good free game on 6.1 devices.
    04-12-11 01:26 PM
    As someone who has a storm 2 and has let it jade my view of all things blackberry, i am impressed by the quick response of the device in the video. when i am ready for a new phone this fall, i will definitely look at this along with the bold touch and iphone5.
    04-12-11 01:29 PM
    The EA app made for the S2 (NFS) was expensive and never updated. It used the open gl 1.0 engine, and the accelerometer quite well. But because no other BB was ever released that had both open gl and an accelerometer, development died. The 2011 devices all have Open GL 2 (finally an industry standard on a BB), if the sdk is sufficiently open we could get some development. But I would not be holding my breath at BBM next month.
    04-12-11 01:40 PM
    Looks slick, kinda wished it came out with a front facing camera on this model, as it doesn't I probably won't grab it and just wait for the next generation. I must say it does look very nice though. Tempting, but I think I can hold out for dual cores on BlackBerry 2012
    04-12-11 02:34 PM
    As someone who has a storm 2 and has let it jade my view of all things blackberry, i am impressed by the quick response of the device in the video. when i am ready for a new phone this fall, i will definitely look at this along with the bold touch and iphone5.
    Same with me other than I own a storm. Can't wait for this or the bold touch. IDK which? Wish we could get a LED shot. Thanks for posting, looks good.
    Last edited by mustangv8; 04-12-11 at 06:47 PM.
    04-12-11 06:43 PM
    Good grief. I still don't understand what the BFD is about ppl wanting a front facing camera...
    04-12-11 09:37 PM
    Good grief. I still don't understand what the BFD is about ppl wanting a front facing camera...
    I don't either, and I have one on my Thunderbolt. When I first got it I took a couple pictures of myself making stupid faces just to see if it worked and then it was like "OK, that was exciting, I guess?" LOL!

Haven't used it since...
    04-12-11 11:09 PM
    I don't either, and I have one on my Thunderbolt. When I first got it I took a couple pictures of myself making stupid faces just to see if it worked and then it was like "OK, that was exciting, I guess?" LOL!

Haven't used it since...
    No front facing camera, no 4g, is enough to make me skip out on this...

Just because the 2 of you have no use for it, doesnt mean it applies to everyone.
    04-13-11 06:06 AM

Just because the 2 of you have no use for it, doesnt mean it applies to everyone.
    Agree. And for me that's a couple of reasons I'm considering it. No front camera and no 4g which = cheaper bill for me.
    04-13-11 07:34 AM
    Agree. And for me that's a couple of reasons I'm considering it. No front camera and no 4g which = cheaper bill for me.
    Both of these points do not equal a cheaper bill at present time, or a cheaper phone than say a Thunderbolt for that matter.
    04-13-11 08:13 AM

even better vid
    1magine and 757EliasHZ like this.
    04-13-11 02:05 PM
    May we see something besides the calender? Memory allocation screen would be very exciting. How about an application running? Try the Doom application it is coded for base BB OS and I believe runs on any touchscreen BB. Or how bout someone use the browser? Call me crazy, but I've seen the calendar open pretty fast on virtually all BBs except the Storm1, where early on it may cause a hard reset.

Ohh, and thanks for the upload. Any new vid is nice to have. Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.
    04-13-11 02:21 PM
    Vodaphone version looks to be further along in testing. Wonder what OS it now has. Would really like another look at the BB maps. Can't believe they have yet to merge BB maps and BB traffic. But would like to see the latest 6.1 iteration.
    04-13-11 02:30 PM
    Both of these points do not equal a cheaper bill at present time, or a cheaper phone than say a Thunderbolt for that matter.
    Not only is this true for Verizon at the moment (as who knows how long the unlimited 4g for the same price as unlimited 3G will last on Verizon) but Verizon getting rid of 1 year contracts makes it an even tougher decision. I am in an LTE area (I know many aren't, bit it's expanding). Do I get the Monaco this summer and commit to a 2 year contract where I will not be eligible for an upgrade for 20 months? That means no 4G for almost 2 years or should I just get a dual core Bionic with 4G and at least I have 4G and dual core for 2 years. Do I just buy the Monaco at full retail? That will be a tough choice for many and it looks like BlackBerry could be yet again a tough sell on Verizon. If people realize they are locked in and look at the specs, android devices on Verizon will give a consumer more room to grow with the phone in the future. The Monaco will be replaced by a dual core QNX device in 2012 and will likely then be 4G. The Monaco is looking more like a stop gap phone even for the hardcore BlackBerry user.
    ksmontoya and 1magine like this.
    04-13-11 03:34 PM
    Not only is this true for Verizon at the moment (as who knows how long the unlimited 4g for the same price as unlimited 3G will last on Verizon) but Verizon getting rid of 1 year contracts makes it an even tougher decision. I am in an LTE area (I know many aren't, bit it's expanding). Do I get the Monaco this summer and commit to a 2 year contract where I will not be eligible for an upgrade for 20 months? That means no 4G for almost 2 years or should I just get a dual core Bionic with 4G and at least I have 4G and dual core for 2 years. Do I just buy the Monaco at full retail? That will be a tough choice for many and it looks like BlackBerry could be yet again a tough sell on Verizon. If people realize they are locked in and look at the specs, android devices on Verizon will give a consumer more room to grow with the phone in the future. The Monaco will be replaced by a dual core QNX device in 2012 and will likely then be 4G. The Monaco is looking more like a stop gap phone even for the hardcore BlackBerry user.

Could not have stated it better myself. Like grandpa used to say, "Don't buy a convertible with no top."
    04-13-11 03:49 PM
    The EA app made for the S2 (NFS) was expensive and never updated. It used the open gl 1.0 engine, and the accelerometer quite well. But because no other BB was ever released that had both open gl and an accelerometer, development died. The 2011 devices all have Open GL 2 (finally an industry standard on a BB), if the sdk is sufficiently open we could get some development. But I would not be holding my breath at BBM next month.
    You make an excellent point. One of the problems with development not happening for BB (see: Angry Birds) was the lack of OpenGL consistency across the platform. Now devs can actually justify development by knowing that they can assure the same experience across all BlackBerrys and not just one or two of them.
    04-13-11 06:06 PM
    what carrier? VERIZON OR ATT?
    04-13-11 06:34 PM
    Looking sexy I like it very much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 10:19 PM
    In this latest video this BB looks much better then in prior ones.

Lets hope it keeps getting better..

Tim
    04-13-11 11:03 PM
    looks like RIM is screwing us again. They left the charge-contacts off of the Torch and from this video it looks like they're missing off the Monaco too.

why RIM?? BRING THEM BACK!
    04-15-11 01:52 PM

True, but at the same time, a lot of people who have front cameras don't even use them that much to say the least. It's more of a mental thing where most consumers believe they need to have all the fixings on their mobile device even when the user knows he/she doesn't need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 10:14 AM
    i'll say it again... bring back the charging contacts im getting so fed up with the "charging pod" for the torch it's not even funny (the only thing I can honestly say I hate about the 9800)
    04-18-11 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD