I am. (Though deep in me I wish it would come with QNX software instead of BlackBerry OS 6.1)
    01-14-11 01:57 PM
    I admit it looks nice. 3.7" screen is nice. The screen size is my biggest frustration on my torch (only 3.2"). Don't know that i can give up my keyboard, though.
    01-14-11 02:30 PM
    Yes, tentatively I plan on getting it. I love the storm line or whatever this will version will be called.

There's only one other phone that might snag me and that's the Dakota. My theory is that this is the next generation bold. If it is the same size of the 9000 and feels like it, and has a tough screen this is the perfect blackberry. Of course this has to be verizon for me.

But yes, I will await with my NE2.
    01-14-11 02:38 PM
    If it was QNX released by March, I'd consider it. As it is now, no, I won't get it. Not enough of an upgrade with only OS6. I want a good browser and more features. I'm going Android Bionic April.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    michrob15 likes this.
    01-14-11 02:39 PM
    Depends on which carriers get it....
    01-14-11 03:20 PM
    Probably not - I'm with Verizon - and I don't really want to wait for September-ish. I was hoping to have a Storm refresh in the March-April time frame to go along with a Playbook - but since it looks like RIM is going to remain WAAAAAAAY behind the other devices for years to come - and since this OS 6 will be practically ignored by most app developers - what's the point? I'm going to have to seriously consider jumping to either the Fruit or the Robot. No way in heck I'm going to the other 2 "destined to fail" platforms (Palm/HP & WP7). When you toss in the news that RIM is hinting at providing RIM enterprise software/apps to other platforms it sounds almost like they see the writing on the wall too...
    January has been a real downer month.....
    Chrisy and corymcnutt like this.
    01-14-11 03:35 PM
    No LTE and no horizontal slider=no Monaco for me. Each on its own is a dealbreaker, let alone both.

Conversely, add both those back in and it's an automatic purchase for me. You'll remember BGR said there may be multiple versions...i want so much for that to mean more than just a gsm version and a cdma/LTE version...I scarcely dare to hope that there would be two form factors-with and without qwerty.
    01-14-11 03:47 PM
    If it comes out by March on Verizon and the specs are in line with what have been posted, then probably yes.

But I'm not waiting until September for it. By then I will want QNX and LTE. Well, I want that now, but I have to try to be at least somewhat realistic.
    01-14-11 04:28 PM
    Yes, I'll get it.
    01-14-11 05:11 PM
    Well I guess my fiancee is going to kill me now since in 2011 I will be buying this, the Dakota, AND the Apollo...

01-14-11 05:40 PM
    If it comes out in the next couple of months, maybe I will get it. I am now looking at the Thunderbolt. My storm 2 is on it's last legs.
    01-14-11 06:20 PM
    September? In the middle of a New England winter that far off seems like a mirage. For our very modest needs we tolerate our old first generation Storms and this would be a nice upgrade but...
    01-14-11 06:32 PM
    Dang right I'm gonna get it!
    I got a Bold 9780 just to try that form factor for a change while I wait.
    I'm really enjoying the 9780, but I want my big screen back
    01-14-11 06:46 PM
    If this phone comes out in September, I garauntee that the majority of current S1 and S2 owners will have the Motorola Bionic, iphone, or HTC Thunderbolt.
    01-14-11 07:30 PM
    No QNX?..

Nah....
    01-14-11 07:32 PM
    Don't forget us discontinued 9630 owners. We'll be with Android too.

01-14-11 07:33 PM
    Don't forget us discontinued 9630 owners. We'll be with Android too.

Android huh...? Heh. You'll be back....

01-14-11 07:35 PM
    If the S3's browser is better than the Bionic, I will be back.

01-14-11 07:44 PM
    If the S3's browser is better than the Bionic, I will be back.

Don't forget BBM.... we know how much you love to BBM! j/k
    01-14-11 08:12 PM
    I think this will make my 13th BB (after the Dakota and Apollo).... and 13 is my favorite number.
    01-14-11 08:13 PM
    Ha. Fortunately, all four of my BBM contacts have either Google Talk or AIM. But we'll see.

01-14-11 08:14 PM
    22FF138A

01-14-11 08:16 PM
    Ha. Fortunately, all four of my BBM contacts have either Google Talk or AIM. But we'll see.

And how come i'm not in there lol?
    01-14-11 08:17 PM
    Stranger danger high alert. Did someone just post their PIN. That's funny.

01-14-11 08:22 PM
    Stranger danger high alert. Did someone just post their PIN. That's funny.

LOL yep... call the feds.
    01-14-11 08:46 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD