RIM should atleast put a date out there for the QNX devies. It would let ppl know to wait or to buy the 9900/9930 now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But if they put a date out there and are wrong or way off, then they will get crucified by analysts and customers for not meeting expectations, as they have been over the Playbook 4G launch. I hate not knowing details, but there really isn't a company out there that release solid info on future devices except for a quote here or there saying our upcoming products are great and they might give you a year or 2 time frame until you start getting closer to actual release. If RIM came out and said early 2012, and that the new Bold Touch will not be able to be upgraded, it would render the Bold Touch pointless and it would not sell, especially to the people like us that would know that QNX phones were about to be released. I mean just look at this site; I have seen multiple threads of users posting questions about getting a current Bold 9650/9700/9780 and almost every response is to wait for the Bold Touch. You would have the same response with the Bold Touch if people had decent info on an upcoming QNX phone. It kind of sucks, but that is the way that every business runs.
    06-30-11 10:26 AM
    I do not think that this "delay" is due to them putting QNX on their new phones arriving in August/Sept. They are struggling to get ANY hardware out the door.

I can't see RIM "upgrading" any of their new devices to QNX after it was introduced with OS7. If it does not come with QNX, I am betting you will only get it with the purchase of a new device sometime next year.
    06-30-11 10:46 AM
    hey, im not leaving : p
    im excited for the bold 9900 and os7

i dont care about full touchscreen phones...and since the first qnx phone will be a full touchscreen phone, its not for me
    i'll be enjoying my 9900 and when a physical keyboard qnx smartphone gets released, i'll be the first to buy it

we'll see, its not even confirmed it wont be a dual-core processor
    at this point its just rumors

im having a way bigger problem... i love my contract, but my carrier (O2) wont upgrade their hspa speed, its 7,2mbps max for them..
    so i'll have to switch, the only other carrier i'd choose is tmobile.. they offer 14,4mbps (which the 9900 will support)
    the only problem is: they only offer 24 months agreements..

so...
    o2 = 7,2mbps
    tmobile =24months

both completely unacceptable, i hope i'll have luck and tmobile will help me out a little, i'll pay more i dont care, but 24months is way too long, i want to be able to upgrade my phone every year

Depending on the cost of an ECF, you could theoretically purchase on a 24 agreement, and pay the ETF/ECF not sure of the term T-Mo uses and pay pretty much the same cost. Only a suggestion and I don't like people just getting something subsidized and then breaking their agreement, but it is an option none the less.

PS. I have also done this myself with my 9800 so I don't want to be the one calling the kettle black.
    06-30-11 12:33 PM
    Depending on the cost of an ECF, you could theoretically purchase on a 24 agreement, and pay the ETF/ECF not sure of the term T-Mo uses and pay pretty much the same cost. Only a suggestion and I don't like people just getting something subsidized and then breaking their agreement, but it is an option none the less.

PS. I have also done this myself with my 9800 so I don't want to be the one calling the kettle black.
    or they could just go on the 24 month contract, after a year sell the phone they have now and buy a new one outright. once the year is over move onto another plan. It's what I do and it works fine for me. 12 months plans can only subsidise a phone so much. the problem i have with longer contracts is I don't know how good the service is going to be especially for a carrier I've never tested (that's why you ask friends). once your happy with it, 24 months isn't as bad as you may think especially if you get the phone cheaper.
    07-03-11 07:32 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD