BTHM OS6/6.1 for 9780 + 9700

Changelog:
    -fast boot time
    -snappy UI
    -Browser: snappy + (able to view HD videos and embedded videos)
    -Wifi: quick lock and better range
    -GPS; Quick lock

Included apps from 6.1 cods:
    +Blackberry radio
    +BBM 6.0.0.56
    +Blackberry app world 2.1.2.3
    +Blackberry Protect
    +Facebook 1.9.1.8
    +Blackberry Podcast
    +File Manager Pro (optional bt needs key)
    +Meterberry (optional bt needs key)
    +BIS cods
    +VVM
    +Twitter

Known Bugs:
    -none.. bbm cursor fixed finally

: Please leave feedback as this is the first version of this hybrid series and it would definitely help for future versions.

Instructions:
    -backup phone

-follow these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/lo...-first-543077/

No Fresh OS install needed
    -download BTHM OS6/6.1 hybrid
    -delete entire os folder contents and replace with hybrid folder's contents.

**** It is very important that you follow the instructions exactly to get the best results. Especially in the restoration part of the files etc****

-do a couple battery pulls(how ever u feel necessary) and allow a couple or hours to settle in (12hrs) and that should be it..
    -enjoy and leave feedback

Someone suggested that I create a paypal account for anyone who would like to donate out of appreciation and I thought it wasn't a bad idea so i created an account. This is just donation if you choose.. I am not asking anyone for money and I never will...I maintain that feedback is all i will ever ask for, thank you.

[CENTER]P.S You do not need a Pay-Pal Account to donate..

Donations (Optional):

[CENTER]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

THEME LINK
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...-theme-581297/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...ze-os6-582370/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...-theme-586578/

Blackberry 6.1 Icon Themes

http://forums.crackberry.com/f227/fr...-icons-600711/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f227/sm...s-free-600995/

Hybrid Links:

Full Hybrid Os Link:
    9700: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

9780: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

The below links are to be copy and pasted into the os folder only, do not load thru bbsak!!!

BBM 5.0.3 Links:

BBM 5.0.3 for 9700 :Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

BBM 5.0.3 for 9780 :Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

This Link contains all the removed files for those trying to recover the backgrounds,ringtones etc: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

BB OS6 Ringtones (mp4 format, able to be save on a memory card): BB6rings.zip
    Last edited by Lkyleobrien; 04-07-11 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added gps and app patch for 9700
    04-02-11 06:47 PM
    Thanks man, i obviously can't read, had this downloaded to 80% and canceled it then downloaded version 3 which is older *face palm* even though i checked the post date!
    04-02-11 09:05 PM
    Lol thas fine..this build is simply awesome. My personal best yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 09:07 PM
    I'm speechless. BEST. BUILD. EVER.

EDIT: also, if you didn't post those theme links, I probably would have never found them. Really appreciate that.
    Last edited by Scorched_Icee; 04-02-11 at 09:14 PM.
    04-02-11 09:10 PM
    Ok bro, just loaded this, BBM .56 works on the BB, appworld needs to re register a new ID ... hmm .. still toying with this, I should not have loaded the latest app world lol but never mind. Facebook not working so will load the beta world. Other than that is very pleasing!

Edit, facebook not working as not showing icon, and in app world it says installed but only 1.6 mb, hmm ...
    Last edited by zocster; 04-02-11 at 09:55 PM.
    04-02-11 09:53 PM
    ?? never had issue installing Hybrids. this loaded fine until I went hunting for BBM its in there I see the cods its in the app management, but no Icon.. any help.. tried multiple reinstall no luck
    04-02-11 10:02 PM
    No issues here with bbm only fb and appworld wanting new id as my old no workie.

Must be different servers in this eval version.

Hope there is no time bomb lol but kudos bro, smoooooooooooooooooth

04-02-11 10:07 PM
    just create a new id for app world or download the id file or something like that (BlackBerry ID [OS6] - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums) check that.

p.s. how do you change the colour of the chat on this BBM .56?
    04-02-11 10:13 PM
    does this hybrid includes chinese simplified cods? thanks
    04-02-11 10:13 PM
    If have no you can DIY
    04-02-11 10:51 PM
    U gotta create a new blackberry I.D regardless of what u had as a blackberry I.D. Everyone has to do it. And as far as the bbm, it works on both devices I have this confirmed so if its not working for you, you must have installed it wrong.

The facebook icon missing: I will take a look at it and provide a fix.

To change the contact chat bubble colour in bbm 6 you have to go to the contact profile and it will be right there

04-02-11 10:59 PM
    Should I be doing said battery pulls after I've installed all my apps back on or before?
    04-02-11 11:08 PM
    As always 2 or 3 battery pulls for best result. I reverted back to the latest official app world as I have apps I can not find on the eval server.

I used the same email address for both servers.

04-02-11 11:13 PM
    had this running for the last hour.. gotta say improvement over 499 just gotta revert back to current official app world ver, facebook, and everything else is wonderful thus far.
    04-03-11 02:46 AM
    Email Setup application is not working, i think the problem is BIS cods related, can anyone confirm this?
    04-03-11 03:28 AM
    Email Setup application is not working, i think the problem is BIS cods related, can anyone confirm this?
    I initially had that, when installing leaked app world which also suggested to install bb ID, but after a second load it works fine. I only loaded bbm .56 second time round as I use fb 2 and twitter 1.1 both from beta zone

luismedina likes this.
    04-03-11 03:38 AM
    I initially had that, when installing leaked app world which also suggested to install bb ID, but after a second load it works fine. I only loaded bbm .56 second time round as I use fb 2 and twitter 1.1 both from beta zone

I removed the App World included version and downgrade to previous one, also removed twitter as I use UberSocial, I had the same issue with the Facebook icon but removed and installed the current version via mobile.blackberry.com

Right now i have two problems: 1st, the Email Setup thing, and 2nd, Sound profiles not working email, ubersocial, sms, all have different sound, but no matter what I adjust, it keeps playing just "sanguine remix"... i don't know what is going on
    04-03-11 03:44 AM
    Reload from scratch, I did as I think the whole thing got confused after removing app world.

I am fine with everything now

04-03-11 03:49 AM
    Reload from scratch, I did as I think the whole thing got confused after removing app world.

I am fine with everything now

Thanks man! I'm reinstalling the hybrid, this time without App World, Facebook and Twitter, let see what happen's then.
    04-03-11 04:02 AM
    I'm downloading now. Any reason anyone can think of that I can't (or shouldn't) use a 6.0-based theme with this?
    04-03-11 04:24 AM
    I'm downloading now. Any reason anyone can think of that I can't (or shouldn't) use a 6.0-based theme with this?
    I can't see a reason why not
    OhmEye likes this.
    04-03-11 04:50 AM
    I can't see a reason why not
    That's kinda what I was thinking. . .

I'll try it first with my favorite minimalist theme, then later may try it without just to see what the full 6.1 effect is all about.

Call me an addict. I love playing around with this stuff. Sure owe a bunch to Kyle for all of the sacrifices he makes for us.
    zocster likes this.
    04-03-11 04:56 AM
    Was never going to install another .499 hybrid due to the top tray alarm not showing full time etc, in a line. call me a perfectionist lol.

First, I copied and paste over 499, and trimmed using lyricidal's tool. Loaded the lot, app world, bbm and fb. FB did not show, app world gave me grief.

So second I deleted the whole shared folder and copied and paste the whole lot of the rar file, and trimmed using the same tool.

I can not remember if I shrunk ringtones but the stock standard ones disappeared after 2 or so battery pulls. I loaded the ones from mobile.blackberry.com site now I have OS5 ring tones on my 6.

It has been going smooth up until now, too early to tell about memory leaks or battery use. But so far, it is a keeper.

Thank you again Kyle.
    04-03-11 05:05 AM
    That's kinda what I was thinking. . .

I'll try it first with my favorite minimalist theme, then later may try it without just to see what the full 6.1 effect is all about.

Call me an addict. I love playing around with this stuff. Sure owe a bunch to Kyle for all of the sacrifices he makes for us.
    hmm true! ah well, hey, I found a problem.

Group messages not showing in inbox timeline. It is getting late here, so if you have time and worked a solution, ...... let me know ...
    04-03-11 05:09 AM
    I think I'm in good shape here. Going to hold back on facebook and reload 2.0 using my MCP .cod backup. Call me an infidel, but I've been keeping BBM and appworld off my crackberry for some time now and loving the resources I gain for it!

Security wipe is complete, wish me luck!
    04-03-11 05:10 AM
276 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD