Hi guys,

I managed to get some of the CODs from 5.0.2.11 and put them in a JAVA folder and loaded the OS onto my phone and the BBM cursor is now working.

Instructions:

1. Download BBM 5.0.2.11 and extract CODs to desktop.

2. I recommend using BB Boss to shrink out the current Blackberry messenger CODs in the Java folder.

3. Once they have been shrunken out copy the BBM 5.0.2.11 COD files into the Java folder of the OS.
    For 64 bit it would be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.461_P6.6.0.137\Java

4. Once you have copied them in there, I recommend backing up your Blackberry, wiping it and then re-installing the OS to avoid being asked for a keycode. I know for sure it will work this way. I haven't tried by just updating the BBM through AppLoader after adding the CODs in the Java folder.

Enjoy!

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    BBM_5.0.2.11.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    BBM 5.0.2.11.rar
    Last edited by DC2-Guy; 02-24-11 at 05:56 PM.
    02-21-11 04:22 AM
    I just finished installing the CODs with BBSAK..

After restart the BBM request KeyCode..
    02-21-11 05:12 AM
    Hmmm.
    Well here's what I did. Installed OS6.0.0.461, used BBoss to shrink out the BBM in the OS folder, then I took the CODs I have uploaded above and copied them into the Java folder and just installed the OS after that. Everything worked fine for me, I did it twice. Like I said though, I never tried manually adding the CODs to the phone...
    02-21-11 05:29 AM
    I've copied the CODs into the java folder and install it with loader.exe.

Successfully..!! .. I have a cursor now.. lol

Thanks bro..
    02-21-11 07:23 AM
    Sweet, good to know it worked out for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 08:36 AM
    Wow.. this is great ..... really appreciate your effort .. well done mate.

Downloading & will install it later
    02-21-11 08:37 AM
    You're welcome!
    I tried getting the 6.0 BBM version working but had no luck! I know there isn't really any changes but I still want it :P

02-21-11 08:58 AM
    02-21-11 09:38 AM
    Installing the CODs via BBSAK now...will report back
    02-21-11 09:39 AM
    it asked for a keycode..

i will wipe my device now and try installing again
    02-21-11 09:41 AM
    Thanks M_L.
    When I get home I'll try installing via BBSAK to see how that works also.

02-21-11 09:41 AM
    Thanks M_L.
    When I get home I'll try installing via BBSAK to see how that works also.

Don't bother with BBSAK manual loading of CODs bro I just tried it, upon restart of the device, when you run BBM, it asks you for a keycode

I have wiped my device completely using BBSAK now, then manually copied the BBM CODs to the JAVA folder...

Loading OS 461 in my 9780 right now

will report back within 15 minutes if it works
    DawgMan likes this.
    02-21-11 09:47 AM
    Ok. Did you remove all of the previous BBM's CODs? I'm wondering if one of them has something to do with the keycode request.

02-21-11 09:52 AM
    Thanks a lot mate... already done copy the cod files & load it using AppLoader.

BBM cursor issue totally fixed ...
    02-21-11 10:24 AM
    Great!
    Looks like BTHM have 6.0 working without keycode also which will be released later this evening.
    02-21-11 10:38 AM
    I know this is off topic, but I just noticed that you have 461 installed, how? Isn't that for the 9650? Did you install the whole OS? @Matrix Leader
    02-21-11 10:39 AM
    02-21-11 10:46 AM
    I know this is off topic, but I just noticed that you have 461 installed, how? Isn't that for the 9650? Did you install the whole OS? @Matrix Leader
    You HAVE to reload the Whole OS and reload all the apps

Do not attempt to use BBSAK to backup your apps and reload them as that will only reload the old BBM back

If you attempt to manually install the CODs it will ask you for a keycode
    02-21-11 10:59 AM
    I did it finally!

Loaded 461 after a wipe with BBSAK and manually copying the CODs of the BBM 5.0.2.11 to the Java folder!!

YESSS!! I now I have the BBM Cursor with this snappy OS

Note: The following guide is not recommended for novice users who are not yet comfortable installing / modifying files on a BlackBerry. If you choose to follow the guide, you take the risk should anything go wrong.

Instructions:

1) Download
    OS 6.0.0.461 orOS 6.0.0.448 (or any OS 6 of your choice)

2) Install the OS on your PC (it is recommended that you uninstall any previous OS you had installed before although not mandatory)

3) Backup your BlackBerry settings/emails/contacts using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

4) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

5) Delete the Vendor.xml file

6) Download and extract the files of BBM 5.0.2.11 from
    HERE

7) Copy all the COD files in the folder you just extracted to the following folder and overwrite all the files when prompted to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780AllLang_v6.0.0.461_P6.5.0.147\Java

8) Shrink your OS using BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS
    (optional step and not neccessary to complete this guide)

9) Run Loader.exe to start the installation of your new OS.

10) After the OS has been loaded and the device restarts, launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then click Restore from the top right menu, then select the backup file which you created in the 3rd step.

You now have the latest leak and a working BBM with the cursor

By the way guys, I did not include the instruction to backup your apps via BBSAK as that will also backup the current BBM which will get us back to square zero, and thus it will not work.

Also, do not attempt to manually install the new BBM files to your BB via BBSAK thinking you will ssve yourself some time by not reinstalling all the OS and all your apps again, as BBM will not run and it will ask you for a keycode

Unfortunately, the only way to have this cursor show is to do it the heard way by manually installing all your apps later.

Regards,

Matrix Leader

shupor, gajah, Starchest and 1 others like this.
    02-21-11 11:00 AM
    You HAVE to reload the Whole OS and reload all the apps

Do not attempt to use BBSAK to backup your apps and reload them as that will only reload the old BBM back

If you attempt to manually install the CODs it will ask you for a keycode
    I was just talking about the OS I didn't realize that their was another leak for our phone, usually someone would tweet it, or it would be on the front page. I'm downloading it now.

And I already have BBM6 installed.
    02-21-11 11:08 AM
    Another links via Mediafire
    02-21-11 12:59 PM
    Just to confirm that this works. I'm using BTHM 448 V4 hybrid. All I had to do was copy the cods into the Java folder BEFORE installing the OS and presto! I have a bbm cursor for the first time in OS6.

Thanks a million for the fix!
    02-21-11 01:10 PM
    No problem. Glad I could have been of assistance!

02-21-11 01:50 PM
    Hi guys,

I managed to get some of the CODs from 5.0.2.11 and put them in a JAVA folder and loaded the OS onto my phone and the BBM cursor is now working.

I haven't tried loading them onto the phone directly. If anyone tries let me know the outcome!

Enjoy!

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bla...0-31-a-588107/

5.0.2.11 is nice BUT 6.0.0.31 is better
    02-21-11 04:27 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bla...0-31-a-588107/

5.0.2.11 is nice BUT 6.0.0.31 is better
    How about BBM cursor issue ? Is it resolved with this release ?
    02-21-11 04:30 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD