Does anyone one (especially ladies) think it's a bit heavy? I played with a demo in the store and the weight seemed great. I purchased a 64gig and it really seems heavy to me.

So the silly question -- is it anyway that a 64g would be heavier than a 16g? I know, I know, I can look at SD cards of all memory sizes and figure out the answer to that!

I'm wondering if possibly the demo units were lighter maybe? I played with it for about a half hour in the store and it never seemed this heavy. As soon as I pullled this out of the box I noticed.

Gosh, I love this so much I would HATE to take it back and get a stupid old Nook or Kindle (because ebooks will be one of main uses). Guess I'll try reading for a bit tonight and see how it works out.
    04-19-11 03:36 PM
    It felt heavy to me at first because I've been using a Kindle and an iPod Touch, both very light. As I'm using it today it feels more comfortable and I am adapting to it quickly. 64G model.
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    04-19-11 03:46 PM
    Ok, I'll keep at it, because otherwise, i'm LOVING it!
    04-19-11 06:07 PM
    I also wish it is a little lighter. It is about 3 or 4 times heavier than ipad2 although it is smaller.
    05-10-11 10:29 PM
    It is about 3 or 4 times heavier than ipad2 although it is smaller.
    id love to know where ya pulled that gem from

iPad2 - 601grammes (1.33lbs)
    Playbook - 425grammes (0.9lb)

both figures based on wifi only devices and taken from manufacturers websites.
    05-10-11 10:37 PM
    I think the weight is perfect.
    Lighter than the iPad, but heavy enough to feel solid and not cheap.
    05-10-11 10:44 PM
    id love to know where ya pulled that gem from

iPad2 - 601grammes (1.33lbs)
    Playbook - 425grammes (0.9lb)

both figures based on wifi only devices and taken from manufacturers websites.
    It is from this website:
    Comparison between Apple iPad 2 Vs Blackberry Playbook - Who's Best - 162 gram vs 425 gram. But, your are right, and they are wrong. I should have checked the spec myself. I just wish it is lighter (for my usage)
    05-10-11 10:55 PM
    i also found it a bit on the heavy side, but as its been said, it grows on you and you wont even notice in a few days
    05-10-11 10:59 PM
    It is from this website:
    Comparison between Apple iPad 2 Vs Blackberry Playbook - Who's Best - 162 gram vs 425 gram. But, your are right, and they are wrong. I should have checked the spec myself. I just wish it is lighter (for my usage)
    haha yea i think they got the weight of the ipad2 mixed up with the weight of a BB torch lol. im sure we`ll get to that kinda weight one day though as tech evloves.
    05-10-11 11:15 PM
    i think the weight of the playbook makes it feel better constructed and not 'cheap' the ipad 2 sometimes feels a little too flimsy for me. but if 1lb feels too heavy, lift 10lbs a few times then it'll feel like a piece of paper.
    05-10-11 11:34 PM
    It's a bit heavier than it looks, kinda like the Torch. The weight is good though, because it doesn't feel as flimpsy as the 7inch Galaxy Tab.
    05-10-11 11:35 PM
    It does feel pretty beefy at first but even on the first day I realized I had been holding it in my left hand for an hour with my pinky under the hdmi port, 3 fingers on the back, and my thumb along the left side and I didn't even notice the weight anymore, and I am not left handed.
    05-10-11 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD