Pricing in for PlayBook according to a very reliable RIM insider. Check mobiltiyinsider.com

As for an updated PlayBook video, we are working on it. One big feature we want on the complete review video is the sync between the PlayBook and BlackBerry (seperate application that mirrors BlackBerry data and allows the tehthering of data). We are expecting the beta app soon. Also, the update will be in HD and not a jumpy out of focus quick video. Stay tuned!

Thanks!

Ryder - mobilityinsider.com
    11-24-10 12:22 PM
    seems legit
    11-24-10 12:25 PM
    Here is the text for those who don't wish to leave CB to see the blog.

We were the first to get our hands on a PlayBook (First Report) and now the first to bring pricing details to our loyal mobile enthusiasts. There have been a couple speculating reports floating around on pricing for the upcoming BlackBerry Tablet. Most recently, the Wall Street Journal reported it will be starting under $500 (true) and Oppenheimer Analyst ran estimates at average sales price of $540 (not a bad guess). We have the full details around RIM’s go-to-market pricing.

There will be 3 models of the BlackBerry PlayBook (8GB, 16GB and 32GB) that are currently tagged with the following prices according to our insider:

8GB: $399

16GB: $499

32GB: $599

Besides the difference of internal memory, all models will be identical in features and functionality. There will be no models with built-in WWAN connectivity, so if you don’t have a BlackBerry to tether your data connection for free, you will have to rely on WiFi or a Mobile Hotspot. RIM has hinted there will be a follow-up release to the PlayBook that will be integrated with wireless carrier connectivity (WWAN) options some time in 2012. Most likely this will be the same approach Samsung took with the Galaxy by releasing carrier specific models that allow for a month-to-month data plan option. Afterall, RIM does have a huge Global carrier footprint they could take full advantage of.

Since launch has been delayed to at least mid-February 2011, we hope RIM keeps these prices where they are, considering its very competitive against the industry leading iPad (Wi-Fi Only version), which starts at $499 for 16GB working its way up to $699 64GB and that’s before adding ATT connectivity option.

Ryder
    11-24-10 12:29 PM
    If that's the correct price, I'll probably be looking at the 16GB model, depends if I can come up with the cash or not.
    11-24-10 04:19 PM
    I'm still skeptical of this alleged leaked pricing model.

Considering they said it would be "under $500", that pretty much guarantees the lowest end model will be $499, otherwise why would they miss the opportunity to brag about an "under $400" price point? Further, the Galaxy Tab starts at $499, so why undercut so much?

I don't claim to have inside information with pricing, but I'd still put my money on:

8GB - $499
    16GB - $599
    32GB - $699

With this pricing they could still sell a healthy amount by being comparable price wise to other tablet devices, and it also gives them some space to lower their price 6-12 months after release.

The only logic behind going for a $399 price point would be if they were really worried about the iPad eating their lunch at a similar price point.
    11-24-10 04:40 PM
    Pricing in for PlayBook according to a very reliable RIM insider. Check mobiltiyinsider.com

As for an updated PlayBook video, we are working on it. One big feature we want on the complete review video is the sync between the PlayBook and BlackBerry (seperate application that mirrors BlackBerry data and allows the tehthering of data). We are expecting the beta app soon. Also, the update will be in HD and not a jumpy out of focus quick video. Stay tuned!

Thanks!

Ryder - mobilityinsider.com

How about post a new review without the the syn with Blackberry.... save that for a 3rd video... keep people coming to your site.
    11-24-10 06:26 PM
    I'm still skeptical of this alleged leaked pricing model.

Considering they said it would be "under $500", that pretty much guarantees the lowest end model will be $499, otherwise why would they miss the opportunity to brag about an "under $400" price point? Further, the Galaxy Tab starts at $499, so why undercut so much?

I don't claim to have inside information with pricing, but I'd still put my money on:

8GB - $499
    16GB - $599
    32GB - $699

With this pricing they could still sell a healthy amount by being comparable price wise to other tablet devices, and it also gives them some space to lower their price 6-12 months after release.

The only logic behind going for a $399 price point would be if they were really worried about the iPad eating their lunch at a similar price point.
    OR.......

16GB - 499
    32GB - 599
    64GB - 699

Of course it's ALL rumors until RIM makes further announcements.
    11-24-10 06:52 PM
    Price guessing is fine, I suppose, but really matters (at least to this old guy) is how the PB performs--app availability, speed, screen quality, interface, etc. To me, the price is the last thing I need to concern myself with, because if the PB isn't "right", the price is irrelevant. Besides which, I hate conjecture. When the thing is for sale, the price will be clearly marked.
    11-24-10 07:22 PM
    OR.......

16GB - 499
    32GB - 599
    64GB - 699

Of course it's ALL rumors until RIM makes further announcements.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the capacity denominations are, but I just think it would be strange for RIM to price it at $399 and up when they could easily go to $499.
    11-24-10 08:37 PM
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the capacity denominations are, but I just think it would be strange for RIM to price it at $399 and up when they could easily go to $499.
    an 8GB version would be awesome, as it could undercut the iPad by $100 (unless you're near a Target, which may have violated Apple's agreements and will not be selling iPads for much longer).
    As to wether or not we'll see one; the 8GB-16gb pricing difference is not significant enough, and $399 may be too unrealistic.
    11-24-10 11:56 PM
    in the end it will come down to when they plan on launching the playbook, and if it will be near the launch of the next ipad. if it will be chances are something comparable but slightly cheaper.
    12-09-10 12:23 AM
    Next gen iPads won't be cheaper, look at the iPod touches, they've gotten more expensive on each generation.

I'm sold on the 8GB one, even if there isn't an 8GB the $499 for 16GB is still awesome compared to the $650-750 iPads.
    12-09-10 08:44 AM
    Seeing as how every video has RIM saying 16, 32, and 64GB, I don't know if the OP knows what they're talking about... or they're severely mistaken... or there's going to be all 4. Who knows, but I'm not trusting anyone yet that says 8GB when almost every video says 16GB as the lowest model.

That being said, maybe it's really:
    16 - $399
    32 - $499
    64 - $599

Think that might make some people at Apple pretty pissed?
    12-09-10 05:10 PM
    this whole story is a sham, the site was shut down even lol
    12-09-10 05:18 PM
    There is no way iPad pricing will go down. Most new apple products have increased memory at the same price as the previous generation.
    12-09-10 05:23 PM
    I would get the 64 gb one if they come out with one and sell my 64gb ipod touch. I only have the touch for movies and bigger screen on the playbook is easier to watch on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 07:23 PM
    I hope this is true. I don't need more than 8 gb & I feel that $399 is a decent price & if it is 16 gbs for $399 than awesome! I didn't want to pay that much more than $450 anyway. I was hoping for something like a 2 gb device & you can put micro-SD cards in instead of all internal gbs like the iPad but oh well. I think it's awesome that if you have a Blackberry you can use the Playbook anywhere with no payments or contract! Take that iPad & Galaxy S lol. I'm already saving up for this & can't wait!
    12-09-10 09:28 PM
    Either way I want one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 09:31 PM
    If it's $399, I'm buying it right away before my trip to Australia. I'm going to need this so I won't be as bored on the plane.
    12-20-10 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD