My vote is on B) simply because that's how Apple likes to operate. They like to have people waiting and enviously drooling over their products..generating buzz on the street "Man..i want an iProduct soo bad!" "I already got mine..I waited in line for days. Sure, I went thru a pack of adult diapers..but it paid off!"
    I think it was actually option a this time as usually when apple pulls the out of stock to indicate demand option b they tend to restock within a week rather than a month.
    03-16-11 02:41 AM
    i guess i missed ALL of the videos and such that they`ve been putting out, thats obviously not falling under the marketing category anymore eh? or what about all the tweets/posts on facebook advertising that its coming soon? yup, thats ALL marketing.
    Until they confirm the release date, it is probably a better use of marketing budget too even if certain posters on here would prefer rim to burn through their ad budget too soon instead, now if they don't ramp things up as far as more mainstream marketing once they announce the date then complaining about them then would make sense, but now it just seems like whining for something to whine about.

i recall RIM saying something like 80% enterprise split, so if they are working with those CEO`s (and they are) then im sure all your misguided worrying will be shortlived.
    If you look at more recent quotes it is nowhere near that high, as shocking as it might seem to some posters on here there are vast amounts of people choosing to buy blackberries without getting them from work.
    03-16-11 02:49 AM
    There are intrinsic reasons as to why Apple launched the Ipad2 prematurely as there are 4 week wait times...Steve Jobs knows what's around the corner...and he has good reason to fear the PB...as it will be over stepping the Ipads capabilities....Once the PB has it's day with the press at it's official launch....RIM is going to introduce technological leaps that will shock and aww the mobile world.....QNX is in a league of it's own and it will be made very clear....high level executives who are a part of large developer/media/content firms are fully aware of the impact QNX technology will have.....

The signs of very large corperations leveraging the amount of time and investment into the platform(qnx/pb)
    Are a testament to where they see the future of mobile computing!
    There must be something about having a k in your prominently in your username that causes posters on here to tend to the hyperbolic as your posts tend to be as over the top as our more negative friend kb5.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-16-11 02:53 AM
    I'd guess at a kicking people's pet
    competition as they have obviously
    been practising on yours as that is
    about the only rational explanation for
    your continual whinging in as many
    threads as possible.
    No, to be honest, I just heard it was a nun-slapping festival followed by a "burn the orphanage" celebration.

Seriously, I guess the unwarranted optimism kinda slays me. To hear all the "RIM can do no wrong" choir members singing in here brings throws up all the red flags when a company that has been disappointing in many areas over the last few years still hasn't done anything but hand out promises.

I have been negative and I need to tone that down. Yea I admit that. I apologize guys. I am cautiously optimistic about the playbook; and not because the devices own merits but because I have no faith in RIM. They have done a deplorable job with this oppurtunity. So what that this device is going to be great- I know it will. But history is full of examples of superior products not making the cut, having nothing to do with product itself. We all talk trash about ipads, and yea its just a toy. Talk crap about Jobs all you want, Apple is carting off bales of money to the bank. All because of successful marketing, finding a niche and- yes- keeping the sheeple drinking the koolaid.

What was the last RIM marketing we have seen? The laughable bbm flirt campaign?

OK I guess I have made my point. I imagine it has become irritating so I will back it down a notch. Its just that blind fanboi optimism, to me, is second in error only to the hating trouble making trolls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Najo likes this.
    03-16-11 05:40 AM
    There must be something about having a k in your prominently in your username that causes posters on here to tend to the hyperbolic as your posts tend to be as over the top as our more negative friend kb5.
    You know i keep thinking his name is missing_KY :S. Seriously i keep having to double take.
    03-16-11 06:23 AM
    I've been checking the sears.ca site daily. I'd input "Blackberry Playbook" in the search bar and it would direct to a full page ad of the Playbook with coming soon written on the bottom right. Now checking it I get a small banner that reroutes me to the Playbook website with "Learn more" instead .

Could it be Sears got fed up with all the inquiries?
    03-16-11 06:39 AM
    I've been checking the sears.ca site daily. I'd input "Blackberry Playbook" in the search bar and it would direct to a full page ad of the Playbook with coming soon written on the bottom right. Now checking it I get a small banner that reroutes me to the Playbook website with "Learn more" instead .

Could it be Sears got fed up with all the inquiries?

When I google 'Sears Playbook', the first link used to go to the Coming Soon page on sears.ca, now when I do it, the website on google says it's going to take me to the PlayBook, but it takes me too the electronics page. I think they got annoyed of us.
    03-16-11 08:37 AM
    Hmmm dumb sears, get us all up in arms haha
    03-16-11 12:26 PM
    Sears in the US shows Playbook accessories.
    03-16-11 12:50 PM
    Sears in the US shows Playbook accessories.
    yeah it has a lot of them
    03-16-11 12:51 PM
    yeah it has a lot of them
    It does? Where are you seeing them at? I went to sears.com and all I saw was one neon green silicone case

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
    03-16-11 04:54 PM
    Correction, now I see different color silicone cases if I specify "BlackBerry PlayBook" instead of just "PlayBook." Also a few generic items that could be used with the PB, but nothing else specific to the PB.
    03-16-11 04:57 PM
    My posts may appear as hyperbole and grandiose in nature...however, they stem from the value I see and envision in the platform...on the enterprise/medical industry front. Companies such as eUnity and SAP have been investing vast resources in the platform and have been developing cutting edge, state of the art mobile applications for 5+ months now that we have been aware of...as that is a testament to the platforms potential and early adoption rate on the heavy weight developer front. The applications they have been devolping are highly advanced with capabilities they are leveraging which are exclusive to QNX platform....they have had acsess to very advanced and sophisticated sdks and api's for sometime now...

At present their are countless large content providers developing and solidifying a position on this platform which appear to be highly advanced..within a short time span we are going to have acsess to technology on this platform which has no peer, as it is being made clear that it is already being backed with heavy support from companies with massive finacial resources...and with that investment, who do you believe they will be targetting the adoption of the PB to with marketing resources given their already huge investments in it already.

I have no issue with my posts being declared as hyperbole...as I am fully aware of how much of an impact this platform will make on the consumer/enterprise front

With the amount of time and resources these companies are investing in the PB....who do you feel they will be backing with marketing funds as per adoption of the PB.....take your pick! But it certainly won't be Apple,Google or microsoft!

And I should also mention...these are massive multi-national corperations with a lot to gain seeing the PB have mass adoption!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-16-11 at 06:30 PM.
    03-16-11 06:22 PM
    RIM Teams Up With Microsoft; PlayBook Coming ‘Very Soon’ - Businessweek

Tobin declined to elaborate other than saying it will be very soon.
    03-16-11 09:45 PM
    member the old joke about how software companies said updates were coming "real soon now"...
    03-17-11 12:59 PM
    My posts may appear as hyperbole and grandiose in nature...however, they stem from the value I see and envision in the platform...on the enterprise/medical industry front. Companies such as eUnity and SAP have been investing vast resources in the platform and have been developing cutting edge, state of the art mobile applications for 5+ months now that we have been aware of...as that is a testament to the platforms potential and early adoption rate on the heavy weight developer front. The applications they have been devolping are highly advanced with capabilities they are leveraging which are exclusive to QNX platform....they have had acsess to very advanced and sophisticated sdks and api's for sometime now...

At present their are countless large content providers developing and solidifying a position on this platform which appear to be highly advanced..within a short time span we are going to have acsess to technology on this platform which has no peer, as it is being made clear that it is already being backed with heavy support from companies with massive finacial resources...and with that investment, who do you believe they will be targetting the adoption of the PB to with marketing resources given their already huge investments in it already.

I have no issue with my posts being declared as hyperbole...as I am fully aware of how much of an impact this platform will make on the consumer/enterprise front

With the amount of time and resources these companies are investing in the PB....who do you feel they will be backing with marketing funds as per adoption of the PB.....take your pick! But it certainly won't be Apple,Google or microsoft!

And I should also mention...these are massive multi-national corperations with a lot to gain seeing the PB have mass adoption!
    you're right. they do appear grandiose in nature. because they are.
    03-17-11 01:00 PM
    you're right. they do appear grandiose in nature. because they are.
    Well if it isn't the masked avenger pipeing in! And what wasn't whithin reason? Care to share?

03-17-11 02:10 PM
    Well if it isn't the masked avenger pipeing in! And what wasn't whithin reason? Care to share?

I am just agreeing with you that your posts are grandiose in nature.
    03-17-11 04:05 PM
    I am just agreeing with you that your posts are grandiose in nature.
    Lol! I'd be the first to agree! Lol! My apologies if my post was sarcastic...no harm intended! But your avatar is the" masked avenger"! Cheers my friend!

03-17-11 04:12 PM
    I think i've seen this article somewhere else, but oh well it's another RIM person saying the PlayBook's looking for a March launch in the USA.

RIM Sticks By March Launch Date for BlackBerry PlayBook Despite Rumours to the Contrary

At a recent UK event showing off the BlackBerry PlayBook, a RIM representative, Steven Bates, reiterated their plans to launch to launch in the U.S. by the end of the month, even though we’ve heard rumours that it wouldn’t be in stores until April 10.
    Last edited by dsquared2; 03-17-11 at 06:35 PM.
    03-17-11 06:32 PM
295 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD