ugggg we got endorsed by the big O.... why the **** did it come to this. if in fact big O officially endorses us maybe well get some attention too by the big names. but why couldnt it stand on its own two feet rim? why!??!!

even though her show ended she wont disapear remember she Own's you.
    Nothing wrong with an endorsement from O. People tend to dismiss her because she had a talk show, so what. She is one of the most successful business women ever. She has her own TV production studio, producing her own content and she's been doing it for 25 years. The more people walking around endorsing the PB, the better.

I'd like the other big O to give up the iPad and be seen using the PB too. Can you imagine the PR with the Prez using the PB while bridged to his BB?
    06-16-11 09:12 AM
    Why do I get the feeling that this will be the only time where getting the "Oprah blessing" will make no real impact on sales?
    Don't worry it wont be. XM paid $50million for oprah to endorse Satellite radio and she has done jack squat for it.

So maybe the Playbook will be the 2nd time her endorsement means nothing.
    06-16-11 10:30 AM
    Nice to see Oprah using PlayBook!
    06-16-11 01:23 PM
    just by the topic of this tread tells me how little is actually going on with the PB itself....
    06-16-11 01:47 PM
    I hate Oprah...

Another reason to never buy another Playbook.
    06-16-11 02:25 PM
    I hate Oprah...

Another reason to never buy another Playbook.
    Did she kill your dog?
    Does she owe you money?
    Did she ______ to you at all?

Why waste time hating someone, seems so small and usless.

Anyway, any confirming links on this. When I google it I just get back to the crackberry post.
    06-16-11 02:29 PM
    Did she kill your dog?
    Does she owe you money?
    Did she ______ to you at all?

Why waste time hating someone, seems so small and usless.

Anyway, any confirming links on this. When I google it I just get back to the crackberry post.
    She didn't kill my dog... though it looks like she ate her.

In all seriousness, I can't stand how society places some person in a position of esteem when she literally talks out her ***.

People turn to her for marriage advice... yet she's never been married.

People turn to her for advice on raising kids.... yet she's got none of those.

And quit extolling the virtues of being skinny and then keep getting fat over and over and over and over and over again.

06-16-11 02:32 PM
    My guess is no effect whatsoever.. I don't think people give a rat's **** about Oprah anymore, let alone those who might be interested in buying the playbook. In fact, I just tried to think of anyone who might be able to sway public opinion, & I couldn't think of a single person who's endorsement might help. Any ideas?
    06-16-11 02:39 PM
    Not for nothing, but if I were to try to sell a product, I would definitely want Oprah to endorse it. Haven't you ever seen the "Oprah Effect" on CNBC?
    06-16-11 02:47 PM
    She didn't kill my dog... though it looks like she ate her.

In all seriousness, I can't stand how society places some person in a position of esteem when she literally talks out her ***.

People turn to her for marriage advice... yet she's never been married.

People turn to her for advice on raising kids.... yet she's got none of those.

And quit extolling the virtues of being skinny and then keep getting fat over and over and over and over and over again.

Yeah .. Dr Phil is great.. no, Dr Oz .. then Dr. Oz neglects to get a colonoscopy and gets colon cancer... and then the coup de gr�ce's...
    Obama is great... and everyone just steps in line.. in Oprah lock step

This time I'm hoping the trend continues for Playbook.. until she changes her mind... that could be catastrophic

It's politics 101 - give away free stuff and you become king/queen of the world with a loyal following. It works for Democrats every time.

Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-16-11 at 02:59 PM.
    Bigum1969 likes this.
    06-16-11 02:47 PM
    My guess is no effect whatsoever.. I don't think people give a rat's **** about Oprah anymore, let alone those who might be interested in buying the playbook.
    Just curious, what obscene part of the rat has four letters? Nevermind.
    06-16-11 02:59 PM
    Yeah .. Dr Phil is great.. no, Dr Oz .. then Dr. Oz neglects to get a colonoscopy and gets colon cancer... and then the coup de gr�ce's...
    Obama is great... and everyone just steps in line.. in Oprah lock step

This time I'm hoping the trend continues for Playbook.. until she changes her mind... that could be catastrophic

It's politics 101 - give away free stuff and you become king/queen of the world with a loyal following. It works for Democrats every time.

Very well said.
    06-16-11 03:01 PM
    "On the other side of the spectrum, word on the Street is that Oprah proclaimed she prefers her PlayBook over the iPad and is having her staff switch over. The announcement was made on OWN early Wednesday, according to sources"

It sounds more like hearsay to me. You Google "Oprah and iPad", and you come up with pages of "Oprah Says The iPad Is Her All-Time Favorite Thing" I've googled this and the only thing I can find is this exact article on a blog, and the reference to it in this thread.

I'd be interested to see how this develops in the next few days. I'll have to keep an eye on her Tweets. If Oprah actually does jump ship, it could be a colossal big deal!
    06-16-11 03:16 PM
    Obama is great.
    .. and everyone just steps in line.. in Oprah lock step

FYI: Oprah was a BILLIONAIRE and QUEEN of daytime TV before she started "giving away free stuff"!

Also, how did this turn political because; what has Rush, Beck, Hannity or any of them given us?!?!?
    06-16-11 03:29 PM
    Just curious, what obscene part of the rat has four letters? Nevermind.
    I wrote rats but* but I guess it wasnt family friendly enough for crackberry.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    06-16-11 04:12 PM
    Not for nothing, but if I were to try to sell a product, I would definitely want Oprah to endorse it. Haven't you ever seen the "Oprah Effect" on CNBC?
    I agree for the most part but I don't think the type of people who watch oprah give a darn about tech stuff. Maybe the husbands of Oprah viewers, but it seems like a stretch. We'll see I guess..

06-16-11 04:16 PM
    I agree for the most part but I don't think the type of people who watch oprah give a darn about tech stuff. Maybe the husbands of Oprah viewers, but it seems like a stretch. We'll see I guess..

Are you kidding me??? Did you ever see one of her shows when they were giving away or highlighting tech stuff? I am a woman and I and my friends always are looking for, and reading up on the new stuff out there. Me thnks that was a very sexist remark. Now be nice!
    BTW- the other day I was watching the Ellen show and she endorsed and gave away the Playbook to the whole audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-16-11 08:43 PM
    Are you kidding me??? Did you ever see one of her shows when they were giving away or highlighting tech stuff? I am a woman and I and my friends always are looking for, and reading up on the new stuff out there. Me thnks that was a very sexist remark. Now be nice!
    BTW- the other day I was watching the Ellen show and she endorsed and gave away the Playbook to the whole audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're right that was quite sexist.. I realized that right after I posted it but was somewhat busy at work so I let it slide. I'm surprised no one called me on it sooner. I apologize..

I will say though, that I've been hoping to meet someone for years who shares my interest in this stuff, but so far all of the women I've dated have only tolerated my tech interests. I know you're out there somewhere, but none so far in my 'real life'.

Kudos to Ellen btw!
    06-16-11 08:51 PM
    You're right that was quite sexist.. I realized that right after I posted it but was somewhat busy at work so I let it slide. I'm surprised no one called me on it sooner. I apologize..

I will say though, that I've been hoping to meet someone for years who shares my interest in this stuff, but so far all of the women I've dated have only tolerated my tech interests. I know you're out there somewhere, but none so far in my 'real life'.

Kudos to Ellen btw!
    You are forgiven. Sorry you aren't meeting women that share your passion for all things tech- but they are out there! Just start converting them- I turned a few of my non-techie friends into junkies for anything new. They call me after going to BestBuy to ask me if I saw this or that. lol Beware though- you could be creating a monster.
    06-16-11 08:59 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD