03-05-11 08:54 PM
    hmmm....that would be great!
    03-05-11 09:01 PM
    I've heard that twitter is one of the most reliable sources for leaks such as this.

Diplo was in a BlackBerry commercial previously:
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 03-05-11 at 09:46 PM.
    03-05-11 09:41 PM
    And what IS SXSW?
    03-05-11 09:42 PM
    There is NO WAY RIM stays quiet this week about the release date and price. With the iPad 2 going onsale on March 11th, they HAVE to get pricing and release in out before people have the chance to purchase an iPad.

I actually think Apple is making a mistake by not giving people the chance to preorder the iPad right now.
    03-05-11 09:46 PM
    Music fest

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 09:46 PM
    And what IS SXSW?
    SXSW.com

Last edited by dsquared2; 03-05-11 at 09:50 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-05-11 09:47 PM
    SXSW.com. South by South West. It's an annual conference... next Friday kicks off the Interactive. I was almost going to book a flight yesterday to head down to it, but it was last minute and everything is booked so I'm skipping it.

I'm definitely expecting some PlayBook news to come from the event... or more likely we may see some announcements come this week, and hopefully during SXSW we'll see of the announcements take action. I don't think RIM has a booth or anything at the event, but there is definitely going be a RIM presence at the show (obviously otherwise I wouldn't have been planning on going).

Will they announce an exact release date next week? Not sure. If they do, that's awesome.. that means they're close and they're certain on releasing. I kind of think they'll wait on any release date announcements until they are confident in their gold code, which I don't think the PlayBook is running yet (probably a few weeks away from it). But maybe we'll see some content partner announcements. Though with that iPad 2 announcement, as noted above they really should just commit to a date already.

We saw the EA Need for Speed/Tetris announcements before MWC, then saw the apps demoed at MWC, so maybe we'll see a few more good apps get announced this week. Also, think about all the things we still need to see from RIM... like how does Desktop Manager work with a PlayBook for Media Syncing, etc.? It sort of feels like RIM didn't want to blow all their wad at once on the PlayBook, so they're doing it over time as things get ready to be shown off.. so I definitely expect some announcements this week, and some videos, etc. coming out of SXSW.
    howarmat, meyerink, mcjohn and 1 others like this.
    03-05-11 09:51 PM
    @dsquared2 - GUARANTEED a FoodSpotting app for PlayBook gets demoed at that party!
    anon(728548) likes this.
    03-05-11 09:52 PM
    @dsquared2 - GUARANTEED a FoodSpotting app for PlayBook gets demoed at that party!
    I was about to say, BlackBerry is sponsoring it but there's only a download for App Store and Android Market?! haha

Also, BlackBerry Scene (foursquare) says:

We’ll be all over downtown Austin and we want YOU to come find us!
    Check out @BlackBerryScene for hints about where we’ll be. Follow us on foursquare and check in at one of the locations to unlock the BlackBerry SXSW 2011 badge. And don’t forget to say hello to our staff onsite for a chance score some sweet BlackBerry swag!
    Last edited by dsquared2; 03-05-11 at 09:59 PM.
    03-05-11 09:53 PM
    Another schmoozfest then. Looks a fun event at any rate!
    03-05-11 10:05 PM
    Though with that iPad 2 announcement, as noted above they really should just commit to a date already.
    Does that not deserve a "Thank You" click?
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    03-05-11 10:11 PM
    Lol. Done. Look up! ^
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    03-05-11 10:14 PM
    Lol. Done. Look up! ^
    Hah, you're the man! I was just kidding though

Anyways, what are your thoughts on what I said?

1) Do you think RIM has to announced the Price and/or the Release date before March 11th?

2) Do you think they will announce the Price and/or Release date before March 11th?
    03-05-11 10:24 PM
    Hah, you're the man! I was just kidding though

Anyways, what are your thoughts on what I said?

1) Do you think RIM has to announced the Price and/or the Release date before March 11th?

2) Do you think they will announce the Price and/or Release date before March 11th?
    I say do it March 10th, $449. With a comparison chart PB to iPad2 on the website/their FB page
    DGriffy and mcjohn like this.
    03-05-11 10:28 PM
    Hard to determine what RIM should do, from what RIM wants to do, from what RIM will actually do.

RIM probably should announce pricing and availability before the 11th.

Half of RIM probably wants to announce pricing and availability before the 11th, while the other half doesn't want to. There will be meetings to discuss.

RIM will probably end up announcing something before the 11th, but probably not what they want. I could see them announcing pricing, and vague availability. Pricing I'm sure they know by now for sure... launch could always end up sliding back a few days, so maybe they'd just say "mid April".

Not sure though... let's see how this week plays out.
    03-05-11 10:35 PM
    Not sure though... let's see how this week plays out.
    that's what i've been thinking every week a significant event is happening that BlackBerry's been at over the past few months!
    03-05-11 10:40 PM
    that's what i've been thinking every week a significant event is happening that BlackBerry's been at over the past few months!
    Yes, but this week is the most significant week for them since they announced the PB.
    03-05-11 10:44 PM
    Yes, but this week is the most significant week for them since they announced the PB.
    I know and i'm on spring break so i can be tethered to CB and my BB News Feeds 24/7 watching for announcements
    03-05-11 10:45 PM
    I just hope RIM hasn't missed the boat before the PlayBook even sails. My company came very close to passing on the PlayBook because it took so long for it to come to fruition. I'm one of the lucky 10 test users when we finally get them. For my own personal use I'm passing on all tablet type devices. I spend a lot of time on the road so I'm swtiching to a kick a** desktop for home use, 11"-12" netbook for when I travel with my company issued laptop. Getting tired of lugging around my 10lb Asus gaming laptop.

RIM needs to get the PlayBook to market ASAP.
    03-05-11 10:51 PM
    I was quite distracted by Diplo's twitter action. I clearly chose the wrong line of work.
    03-05-11 10:54 PM
    This thread got a shout out on the CrackBerry homepage! There's gonna be alot of posting here tomorrow..... :P
    03-05-11 11:02 PM
    I just hope RIM hasn't missed the boat before the PlayBook even sails. My company came very close to passing on the PlayBook because it took so long for it to come to fruition. I'm one of the lucky 10 test users when we finally get them. For my own personal use I'm passing on all tablet type devices. I spend a lot of time on the road so I'm swtiching to a kick a** desktop for home use, 11"-12" netbook for when I travel with my company issued laptop. Getting tired of lugging around my 10lb Asus gaming laptop.

RIM needs to get the PlayBook to market ASAP.
    They aren't missing any boat! This is a long term product with long term reach...to focus to much resources around keeping up with the ipad2 is foolish....let the ipad2 hype where off and shortly after march 11th hold a press event and lay the cards out...I'm sure they are setting the grounds to shock and aww the world with an unrivalled platform and capabilities that are being closely guarded and made 100% known as of now by only RIM high level execs and the QNX team....when they finally hold a massive launch and media event...then at that time will they unveil a product that trually shakes the mobile industry foundation for a long time to come.

Select insiders that have acsess to the playbook such as SAP's CIO are completely astonished at the PB's capabilities....in a month or two from now everyone will be aware of QNX and we'll eventually get a hold of where they stand....they have a mobile computting platform, with capabilities that will put desktop computing in our pockets with no rival.

They should distance them selves as far from the ipad2 as possible....comparing the two is apples to oranges
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-05-11 at 11:21 PM.
    anon(3385151) likes this.
    03-05-11 11:13 PM

I believe you're "misquoting" them
    03-05-11 11:16 PM
    I believe you're "misquoting" them
    Lol yeah....have to remeber to scroll down all the way! Lol

03-05-11 11:23 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD