***FREE***
    GEORGIA
    Wallpaper Friendly Theme

(final!)

OTA DOWNLOAD

Hi everyone! I love wallpaper friendly themes and wanted to create one for myself; thus Georgia was born. Because sharing is caring I'm posting it here for others to enjoy.

GEORGIA is simple and minimal, meant for showing off your oh-so-sexy wallpaper. There is an app slot on the homescreen for your app of choice. Flip it sideways and you have a quick view of your calendar & messages along with a one-click-tap to your contact book and sound profiles.

I'd love to hear any feedback you guys have. This is my first theme and there is always room for improvement!

June 8, 2011: Am I super dooper late updating this? Yes I am! I got caught up in life. I am posting the final version of Georgia here today though. The font size has been reduced, more calendar items added, the blue box removed, some minor repositioning... pretty much everything I said I would do.

Credits:
    * Icon set used: Percentage Battery Style Icons which was created by Big Papa from Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab | Be The Scientist)

Last edited by hgreen_91; 06-08-11 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Final version added, theme complete.
    02-12-11 12:01 PM
    I love the theme but I have some suggestions. In landscape mode can you make the text a smaller font, seems huge. In portrait mode when you click on the clock or connections they keep the blue highlight. Might be personal but if you have the application name on top of the app screen can you remove the text from the icons? These are all very minimal things but overall its a great theme. Great work, keep it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 12:38 PM
    Thank you I will play around with the theme some more tomorrow after work and try out your suggestions. Definatly will be removing the blue highlight though!

02-12-11 12:48 PM
    I like it a lot.

Thanks for the theme!
    02-12-11 12:50 PM
    no hurry, you can't rush perfection!

02-12-11 12:50 PM
    Whewwwww! I thought this was gonna be the Georgia Bulldawgs! Thank God it ain't!!!

JUST KIDDIN IF ANY DAWG FANS SEE THIS!!
    02-12-11 12:55 PM
    Nice theme ! Fonts are way too big can we make them small? I love its so simple.. truly wallpaper friendly theme..

02-12-11 02:26 PM
    Love the theme. However, I would like it even better if there were *no* icons on the screen instead of the 1 in the bottom left corner. From a practicality standpoint, nobody will use only 1 icon throughout the day, and we're all going to be hitting the BB key to use this theme anyway, so you might as well fully embrace the concept and go maximum wallpaper-friendly!

Edit: If not, it would look better if the one icon was in the bottom right corner, so it was on the same level as the other items. The way it is now feels a little unbalanced with everything on the left.

My 2 cents...thanks again!
    Last edited by nicodimus22; 02-12-11 at 03:11 PM.
    02-12-11 03:07 PM
    Thank you so much everyone! Loving the feedback.

I have the app slot on for the intent of BerryWeather, as I like my weather front and forward. Of course it is easy enough to make an app-less mix

Font size I will definatly bring down.Does everyone want the time smaller too? I personally like a larger time but again this published version is for you guys, not me!

02-12-11 05:59 PM
    For my poor old eyes the main screen fonts are perfect. I love the weather spot on the left but that is just me. This is a keeper IMHO. Thank you.

02-12-11 06:47 PM
    I think time is okay, its when you hover over icons the top fonts are huge..sometime the title even cuts off..and also when you turn your phone message fonts are huge..

02-12-11 07:06 PM
    I agree. Calnedar font is too big - I like lots of calendar items. Other than that, this is a nice theme! I like the simple homescreen yet your subtle inclusion of a weather slot. Nice work and thanks so much for sharing.

02-12-11 08:47 PM
    nice.. downloading it now
    02-12-11 11:18 PM
    Great Theme thank you, yes please lower the font size. Thanks!!

02-13-11 12:24 AM
    Hi everyone, a quick little update Just screenshots for now, I'll probably upload the fixed version within the week.

Blue highlight has been removed on homescreen. I reduced the font size on both the landscape view and the application list. Looks much better now. I also did a little bit of repositioning on the landscape banner and added a sounds profile button along with upping the amount of calendar entries to 5. I might still play with the banner, looks off to me, but I'm too tired/lazy tonight.

I've also tried the homescreen app on the right. Which do you guys like better? I like the top, haha. Both screens are attached.
    02-13-11 08:52 PM
    I like it better stacked on the left. Gives the theme a different look rather than a row of stuff across the bottom. Lots of themes have nice rows and rectangles of stuff so I like the variety this one gives with a bit of triangle shape to the info on the home screen.
    02-14-11 09:49 AM
    I like it better stacked on the left. Gives the theme a different look rather than a row of stuff across the bottom. Lots of themes have nice rows and rectangles of stuff so I like the variety this one gives with a bit of triangle shape to the info on the home screen.
    +1 Read my mind

02-14-11 10:09 AM
    I like it better on the right. It looks more balanced to me. I realize that things like this are 100% subjective and in the end, it's up to the theme makers since they are the ones doing all the work.

Edit: Maybe you could have a version A and B both available to make everyone happy? I don't know the challenges involved with making multiple versions of a theme available, so this may not be something you'd want to do. Just food for thought.
    Last edited by nicodimus22; 02-14-11 at 01:11 PM.
    02-14-11 01:06 PM
    This is a great looking theme. Are there any hidden docks? Any landscape issues?

02-14-11 07:47 PM
    This is a great looking theme. Are there any hidden docks? Any landscape issues?

There are no hidden docks in this theme. Landscape issues are minor; fonts were too big but I'll be uploading a smaller font sized version sometime this week
    02-14-11 08:05 PM
    I have the app slot on for the intent of BerryWeather, as I like my weather front and forward. Of course it is easy enough to make an app-less mix
    Just came across this, and it looks nice.

I like it on the left too, for the "Weather Slot."

One idea, and I have no idea how hard or not these things are to do, but why not make the weather slot hidable, so just one version for those that do or don't want it.
    02-14-11 09:54 PM
    One idea, and I have no idea how hard or not these things are to do, but why not make the weather slot hidable, so just one version for those that do or don't want it.
    Hmmm, might be neat to try. I'm still learning how to use Theme Builder so perhaps that will be my next task. Not sure on the difficulty of this either but that's what lazy weekends are best used for
    02-14-11 10:02 PM
    awesome theme! it's perfect to those who love to show off their wallies like me. Thanks hgreen
    02-22-11 11:46 AM
    *ahem*
    It has been waaaaay longer than I said but I finally got around to posting the finished version. That's what happens when life catches up to you. I don't think I'll be updating this anymore, thank you everyone for the feedback, support and downloads

Do let me know if there are any issues!
    Last edited by hgreen_91; 06-08-11 at 10:34 AM.
    06-08-11 10:27 AM

nice theme, font is a little small on home screen and things are a wee bit crowded in the left corner, but it runs very smoothly!
    06-08-11 01:09 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD