Ok....I need some expert help.

I have a Rogers unlocked Bold 9780 running on AT&T network here in the States. I have VVM provisioned to my number with AT&T.

I am running the leaked 6.0.0.526. Upon installation there was no VVM icon. After some reading I downloaded the VVM COD's from .448 and installed on my Bold through BBSAK.

VVM icon is now on BB but will not work when you go through the setup. I just keep getting "122 error invalid number" message.

Anyone have any suggestions of anyone using an unlocked Rogers 9780 with VVM working?

Any input would be appreciated.
    04-15-11 12:17 PM
    I have 2 up and running.
    Grab an older backup. Do a selective restore on the Visual Voicemail Option only.
    Worked for me!
    04-15-11 07:29 PM
    maybe it wasnt installed properly or you are missing a cod file.

try downloading this OTA....

http://www.theiexplorers.com/LeakedApps/VVM/VVM.jad
    04-16-11 01:59 AM

I have wanted VVM on my International unbranded and unlocked 9780 forever. I can download the software via your URL but when I call AT&T to get it provisioned from basic VM to VVM, they tell me that they do not have the option to activate VVM.

Guess I will stick to basic VM for now.
    04-16-11 08:43 AM
    I just received my unbranded and unlocked 9780 yesterday. Working perfectly on ATT except for VVM. I got VVM from the OTA link posted above, but am also getting the 122 error as described by the OP. I've read that it's possible to tweak the ALX file to get VVM to work. But I haven't found concrete information on that actually working. Looks like I will be sticking with basic VM until a workaround is found and described.
    04-16-11 11:24 AM
    Visual Voice Mail?

Isn't there a free App called HuloMail that does this? Or is that something else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 11:39 AM
    I just received my unbranded and unlocked 9780 yesterday. Working perfectly on ATT except for VVM. I got VVM from the OTA link posted above, but am also getting the 122 error as described by the OP. I've read that it's possible to tweak the ALX file to get VVM to work. But I haven't found concrete information on that actually working. Looks like I will be sticking with basic VM until a workaround is found and described.
    Even if you could tweak the ALX file, I can not get AT&T to provision my account for this phone. They say that only some devices can be provisioned for VVM and the IMEI for my 9780 is not able to do so.
    04-16-11 11:45 AM
    Even if you could tweak the ALX file, I can not get AT&T to provision my account for this phone. They say that only some devices can be provisioned for VVM and the IMEI for my 9780 is not able to do so.
    thats weird. i wonder why thats so. i already have VVM provisioned on my account. i figured it would see it as being a 9700 and be able to work just fine.
    04-16-11 08:52 PM
    thats weird. i wonder why thats so. i already have VVM provisioned on my account. i figured it would see it as being a 9700 and be able to work just fine.
    So you had a VVM compatible unit running on AT&T before you move your SIM to the 9780.

Sounds like I need to move my SIM out of the 9780 into my Torch and get VVM up and running and THEN move the SIM back into the 9780. That may do the trick.

I will try that today
    04-17-11 05:28 AM
    So you had a VVM compatible unit running on AT&T before you move your SIM to the 9780.

Sounds like I need to move my SIM out of the 9780 into my Torch and get VVM up and running and THEN move the SIM back into the 9780. That may do the trick.

I will try that today
    i had VVM running on my Bold 9000 (i think before i sold it) and then on my Bold 9700 (which im currently using) and then on my Torch. i think this was an issue where people had to drop their SIM into their Bold 9000 to configure VVM if it failed on other devices when it first came out. try putting your SIM into an at&t "compatible" phone and have them provision it. then swap back into your 9780.

im nearly 100% sure its all about them not seeing an at&t branded phone via IMEI and just refusing to do it, not a hardware issue. im sure it would work.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-17-11 at 05:34 AM.
    04-17-11 05:32 AM
    i had VVM running on my Bold 9000 (i think before i sold it) and then on my Bold 9700 (which im currently using) and then on my Torch. i think this was an issue where people had to drop their SIM into their Bold 9000 to configure VVM if it failed on other devices when it first came out. try putting your SIM into an at&t "compatible" phone and have them provision it. then swap back into your 9780.

im nearly 100% sure its all about them not seeing an at&t branded phone via IMEI and just refusing to do it, not a hardware issue. im sure it would work.
    I am thinking you are right, we will know later today. I am thinking that i need only put the SIM in long enough to go to the ATT website, it might then give ME the option to add VVM. I could then switch SIM cards and be up and running.
    04-17-11 06:14 AM
    I had VVM working perfectly with my Bold 9000, and then most recently with my Torch 9800. But after putting my SIM into my 9780, VVM does not work. I guess i can drop my SIM into my Bold 9000 and try to configure VVM and then swap it back into my 9780. Will report back in a bit.
    04-17-11 11:27 AM
    No luck for me. I put my SIM into my Torch 9800 and had VVM working fine. Dropped my SIM back into my 9780 but I'm still getting the 122 error message.
    04-17-11 11:55 AM
    Thanks Richard, you saved me the trouble. It must be an IMEI limited feature.

I retreaved my 9800 from the office and was going to give it a try, but it looks like it is not going to work.

I wish they would hurry the Bold Touch and Monza!
    04-17-11 01:35 PM
    thats really weird. is anyone else on at&t with a 9780 up and running with VVM?
    04-17-11 07:08 PM
    I have 2 up and running.
    Grab an older backup. Do a selective restore on the Visual Voicemail Option only.
    Worked for me!
    Anyone try this yet? I have only tried downloading the cod files directly from others. I just switched from a 9700 and my VVM worked pwrfectly on it. I called my att rep and had her reset my VVM but still get the error code 122 text.

04-17-11 10:53 PM

This did not work. Same 122 error text.

04-17-11 11:03 PM
    I have 2 up and running.
    Worked for me!
    Bek....are you using 2 9780's that were unlocked and are now on the att network. You are the only person I know with this working. What OS version u running? Anyone else?

04-17-11 11:08 PM
    You can download VVM with ease. You will get the "122 error" because your device is not provisioned by AT&T for VVM.

I am thinking it can not be done and is a IMEI restricted feature.

I would like to hear more how BekNazar got it done. Is he on AT&T?
    04-18-11 05:50 AM
    I guess no one with a 9780 has it working with VVM.

I am going to try later tonight to load an old backup from my 9700, do selective restore for VVM only and see if that works. I highly doubt it.

Again...anyone else using Visual Voice Mail with an unlocked 9780 on AT&T network??
    04-18-11 12:38 PM
    Ok...I was able to get my AT&T rep to change my IMEI to the new phone in their system. The change went through. I was then told I would need to call AT&T CS and have them turn VVM back on my number.

Customer service could not turn on VVM on my new IMEI as it indicated on their system as "unknown phone/carrier".

So I am guessing the IMEI is tied to each carrier and it can't be provisioned in this case to work with VVM.

Bummer
    04-19-11 02:46 PM
    Ok...I was able to get my AT&T rep to change my IMEI to the new phone in their system. The change went through. I was then told I would need to call AT&T CS and have them turn VVM back on my number.

Customer service could not turn on VVM on my new IMEI as it indicated on their system as "unknown phone/carrier".

So I am guessing the IMEI is tied to each carrier and it can't be provisioned in this case to work with VVM.

Bummer
    Unfortunate news. Thanks for the info though!
    04-19-11 04:11 PM

Bummer
    This is what I said a few posts above this.

IMEI restricted feature.
    04-19-11 04:35 PM
    This is what I said a few posts above this.

IMEI restricted feature.
    i actually think it has to do with the phones Vendor ID, not the IMEI. i also dont think modifying the the alx file would have anything to do with it also. im fairly confident that the phone attempts to authenticate with the network, however, the VendorID being different than at&t's is preventing the phone from confirming its VVM account status. there is probably nothing that can be done for us. i bet if we were able to rebrand the phone with an at&t VSM file, with the proper at&t Vendor ID (102 i think), VVM would work without a hitch - regardless of the IMEI. since we cant do that with MFI, we are screwed for now.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-29-11 at 04:06 AM.
    04-29-11 04:01 AM
    i actually think it has to do with the phones Vendor ID, not the IMEI. i also dont think modifying the the alx file would have anything to do with it also. im fairly confident that the phone attempts to authenticate with the network, however, the VendorID being different than at&t's is preventing the phone from confirming its VVM account status. there is probably nothing that can be done for us. i bet if we were able to rebrand the phone with an at&t VSM file, with the proper at&t Vendor ID (102 i think), VVM would work without a hitch - regardless of the IMEI. since we cant do that with MFI, we are screwed for now.
    It is a IMEI restricted feature. I went way up in AT&T and they say we are both right. The IMEI tells AT&T it ain't their phone. This results in it not being able to set it up in their system.
    04-29-11 05:27 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD