Software For BlackBerry� Bold� 9780 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.1879 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.1879
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 6.0.0.448
    * Software Platform: 6.5.0.136
    * File name: 9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel1879_PL6.5.0.136_A6.0.0.448_COSM OTE.exe
    * File size: 172.96MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Last edited by yaponchik; 02-08-11 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Adding Provider Release on Title
    02-08-11 05:39 AM
    Tks for the info, but link not work, pls check!
    02-08-11 06:21 AM
    Awesome! remains to see the fixes and changes!
    This is a multiple language so it should contain all languages including arabic, right?
    Thanks for the heads up.
    02-08-11 06:46 AM
    Awesome! remains to see the fixes and changes!
    This is a multiple language so it should contain all languages including arabic, right?
    Thanks for the heads up.
    For fixes and changes you'll have to check out the leaked .448 thread, as RIM don't issue public change logs.

As for Arabic... No. This is a multi-language build, Arabic is in all-language builds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 07:19 AM
    Moderators please make it sticky
    02-08-11 08:15 AM
    Just tried to do an update on my phone and the PC Software and it says there's no update needed.

BlackBerry 9780 Orange UK
    02-08-11 09:11 AM
    For fixes and changes you'll have to check out the leaked .448 thread, as RIM don't issue public change logs.

As for Arabic... No. This is a multi-language build, Arabic is in all-language builds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your reply Phil.
    So is there any All Language version of this fw out there? Anyone where to download it from?
    Thank you kindly.
    02-08-11 10:16 AM
    Thanks for the heads up.

I just upgraded after full wiping my device using BBSAK, then I shrinked the OS using BB Boss to get -88.7 MB off the installation files, then I upgraded

I got the Arabic

02-08-11 10:28 AM
    Just tried to do an update on my phone and the PC Software and it says there's no update needed.

BlackBerry 9780 Orange UK
    That means your carrier did not release it yet.

However, you can still download the file above, thene delete the Vendor.xml file from Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

Backup your device first using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Then run loader.exe from Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

Select the option to automatically backup your apps / emails / settings during installation as well
    02-08-11 10:30 AM
    I just upgraded after full wiping my device using BBSAK, then I shrinked the OS using BB Boss to get -88.7 MB off the installation files, then I upgraded

I got the Arabic

I am curious, do you have to wipe your device before shrinking an OS? Also with a full backup, does that restore apps and themes if you wiped with BBSAK?

Running .448 flawlessly but am interesting in shrinking the next OS leak for the first time.
    kaiserczar likes this.
    02-08-11 10:50 AM
    I am curious, do you have to wipe your device before shrinking an OS? Also with a full backup, does that restore apps and themes if you wiped with BBSAK?

Running .448 flawlessly but am interesting in shrinking the next OS leak for the first time.
    You don't have to wipe your device before shrinking and OS and installing it, but I personally always like to start out fresh, so I wipe device manually with BBSAK, then I install the new OS on my computer, then I Shrink it, then I install it via loader.exe, then I manually download all the apps to aquire the latest versions of them. Maybe harder, but I do all this in like 30 mins and this way I ensure I have the latest.

If you wipe your device then you lose your apps and themes but you CAN backup your apps as well using BBSAK before you wipe your device

PS: After you shrink the OS then update to 448 again, install the latest BBM from here (OTA LINK) >>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...205.0.1.46.jad
    kaiserczar and smartegyptian like this.
    02-08-11 10:56 AM
    Tks for the info, but link not work, pls check!
    check and recheck, the link works
    02-08-11 10:59 AM
    anyone download this version, would you be kind to upload it to megaupload/hotfile or mediafire :P

i wanted to download it, but it is too slow
    02-08-11 11:01 AM
    You don't have to wipe your device before shrinking and OS and installing it, but I personally always like to start out fresh, so I wipe device manually with BBSAK, then I install the new OS on my computer, then I Shrink it, then I install it via loader.exe, then I manually download all the apps to aquire the latest versions of them. Maybe harder, but I do all this in like 30 mins and this way I ensure I have the latest.

If you wipe your device then you lose your apps and themes but you CAN backup your apps as well using BBSAK before you wipe your device

PS: After you shrink the OS then update to 448 again, install the latest BBM from here (OTA LINK) >>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...205.0.1.46.jad
    Gotcha. Thanks. I think I will try this with the next OS leak. Right now I have 251mb left of free space and I know I will never use that lol.

Any downsides to OS shrinking?
    02-08-11 11:01 AM
    Gotcha. Thanks. I think I will try this with the next OS leak. Right now I have 251mb left of free space and I know I will never use that lol.

Any downsides to OS shrinking?

No issues with shrinking at all.

I have 280 MB free. Didn't install my apps yet, it should go down to 268 MB free after I install ALL my apps
    02-08-11 11:06 AM
    any one downloaded and installed,
    i am on Linux.. so can't make it now....

can some one review it.
    02-08-11 11:07 AM
    No issues with shrinking at all.

I have 280 MB free. Didn't install my apps yet, it should go down to 268 MB free after I install ALL my apps
    Then where is the additional 88.7 MB you got off your OS by shrinking it?
    02-08-11 11:09 AM
    Then where is the additional 88.7 MB you got off your OS by shrinking it?
    It has remove those options from the installation.

So while installing, you wont even see those apps / messengers / stuff that you shrinked
    kaiserczar likes this.
    02-08-11 11:43 AM

I got the Arabic

is there any bbm cursor issue on this one? please update soon. i'll press the thaks button on your every comments then !
    02-08-11 11:44 AM
    is there any bbm cursor issue on this one? please update soon. i'll press the thaks button on your every comments then !
    I believe there is.
    02-08-11 11:46 AM

BBM Cursor still not there

Even if you update to the latst BBM, it wont appear. Its an OS issue.

Everything else is smooth though

good luck bro
    kaiserczar likes this.
    02-08-11 11:48 AM

good luck bro
    guess i won't be updating to this os then. coz i really2 need the bbm cursor. i'm on .359 which is still the best. mine runs significantly smoother after i installed memoryBooster by s4bb.
    02-08-11 11:52 AM
    guess i won't be updating to this os then. coz i really2 need the bbm cursor. i'm on .359 which is still the best. mine runs significantly smoother after i installed memoryBooster by s4bb.
    good choice partner
    02-08-11 12:00 PM
    anyone download this version, would you be kind to upload it to megaupload/hotfile or mediafire :P

i wanted to download it, but it is too slow
    A Megashares link:
    Download Here
    02-08-11 01:24 PM

good luck bro
    I'm just itchin' to install a new version but I'm afraid to because of this supposed cursor issue. I'm not currently experiencing the issue but that will change once I upgrade to this OS. *sigh*
    No shiny newness for me
    02-08-11 01:29 PM
130 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD