UPDATING TO LEAKED OS6 - READ THIS FIRST - IMPORTANT

We're all expecting a leaked OS6 for the 9700 at any time. The problem is that most carriers aren't supporting OS6 yet so data over the cellular network might not work. 9650 users just found this out the hard way with their leaked OS6.

I don't want my fellow 9700 user to get bitten so please be proactive and backup your OS5 servicebooks now so that when you update to OS6 and find that nothing works you'll be ready to fix it easily.

Follow steps 1, 2 & 3 of scenario #1 (link below) and you'll be all set with your servicebook backup. T-Mobile users for sure will need to do this if you plan on doing a full wipe upgrade to OS6 as I know personally that t-mob does not push servicebooks for OS6 yet.

I originally wrote these for people like me that bought an unlocked 9800 and found that our carriers didn't push OS^ servicebooks, so nothing worked over edge/3g, but my method works for any blackberry on any carrier and I give it to you for free (although I've already found one company selling my guide "verbatim" for $25! Pricks).

Its very simple and might just save you A LOT of headaches when OS6 finally leaks. 5 minutes now could save you hours later.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/upd...-first-530398/

I want as many people as possible to be prepared for the leak so if a Mod could sticky this it might help some people out.

Cheers

Alex.
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-25-10 at 03:37 PM.
    09-25-10 03:32 PM
    Hey Mate . . . I've read your post in the OS Beta/Hybrid Discussion Forum the other day and saved it for future use. Thanx for the writeup

Sure will help many BlackBerry Users
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 09-28-10 at 08:15 PM.
    09-25-10 03:47 PM
    thanks XanderMac I also read your fist post in OS Beta/Hybrid forum I followed your instructions that same day and now have a full back of up service books, ready for the leak to drop on 9700.
    09-25-10 07:15 PM
    Thx for the heads up, I'm really in no hurry to upgrade to OS6, happy with latest 5.x. Won't touch 6 until they've worked out the bugs for the 9700 version.
    09-25-10 08:55 PM
    So i am assuming at&t customers will not need to do this since at&t has the torch ? Or should it be done just to be on the safe side ?
    09-25-10 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.

Also, I'm in no rush to install a leak unless it's from any carrier released for the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 02:12 AM
    Good info here. Unfortuneatly, I'm in no hurry either. I can get a full upgrade in Feb, which means I'm gonna try something new. I have nothing afainst BB, might even wind up with a Torch. Just need something different.

09-26-10 12:04 PM
    Ok I have stickied the thread. I have also removed the off topic posts, this is NOT a thread about which we will discuss the merits of 6.0, THAT is for other threads. This thread is for those upgrading, who need help with the service book issue! KEEP IT ON TOPIC! Or better yet, just follow the link and the instructions, and just use this thread for questions if you have any problems, or issues.
    09-27-10 12:21 PM
    Can someone direct me to a link so I can download the new OS 6.0 for my VZW 9650 Bold? The link I found had already been disabled?? Why?
    09-27-10 06:45 PM
    Can someone direct me to a link so I can download the new OS 6.0 for my VZW 9650 Bold? The link I found had already been disabled?? Why?
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    09-27-10 07:27 PM
    UPDATING TO LEAKED OS6 - READ THIS FIRST - IMPORTANT

although I've already found one company selling my guide "verbatim" for $25! Pricks
    Name and shame those pr1cks!!!! Making money off other people's work. The lowest of the low.

Anyway...great job on the How2. Going to do it now. My 9800 arriving in a few days, but will update current 9700 and give it to the wife.

Once again...thanks for a great job.
    Dominic
    09-28-10 07:56 AM
    OK, I hope someone can help me....I reluctantly upgraded to 6.0.0.222 a little nervous about support...well no major issues until recently. I have never been a BES user only BIS, and a couple days after upgrading I was granted Enterprise approval at work. Ok thats great but now I dont know how to activate Enterprise...the instructions the sent do not follow the new format. I only have a few days for this approval and dont really want to go backwards in OS, but I may have to. Can anyone help? I will post this in another thread trying to find some help....Thanks in advance. (now I see 6.0.0280 should I upgrade again?)
    10-05-10 03:47 PM
    OK...loaded it up today! The sounds suck.
    10-07-10 12:24 PM
    OK, I hope someone can help me....I reluctantly upgraded to 6.0.0.222 a little nervous about support...well no major issues until recently. I have never been a BES user only BIS, and a couple days after upgrading I was granted Enterprise approval at work. Ok thats great but now I dont know how to activate Enterprise...the instructions the sent do not follow the new format. I only have a few days for this approval and dont really want to go backwards in OS, but I may have to. Can anyone help? I will post this in another thread trying to find some help....Thanks in advance. (now I see 6.0.0280 should I upgrade again?)
    options>device>advanced system settings>enterprise activation>enter your corporate email address and the one-time password help desk gave you.

I would back up your device, upgrade to the new os, then do the enterprise activation. FYI: The BES allows your company to see most of the data on your device.

Go Wings!
    10-09-10 03:25 AM
    I'm looking for the leak for my Sprint 9650. I have been trying to download it to no avail! I downloaded the link above but i'm not sure if it's the same file. The filename i believe is supposed to be 9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel850_PL4.4.0.185_A6.0 .0.280.exe? PM if you don' want to have this on the main forum. Thanks again.
    10-12-10 02:47 PM
    Hey,

I'm clueless as to how to update my blackberry to OS6. Not to mention backing up my servicebooks. I'm a bit blackberry illiterate but I plan on learning as time goes by.

Thanks in advance.
    10-12-10 10:36 PM
    Hey,

I'm clueless as to how to update my blackberry to OS6. Not to mention backing up my servicebooks. I'm a bit blackberry illiterate but I plan on learning as time goes by.

Thanks in advance.
    I'd suggest that you read through the forums and learn before making any change. Otherwise, you will be spending lot of time asking/waiting for help.
    10-19-10 12:41 AM
    I need a update for my curve 8520

10-19-10 07:19 PM
    Thx for the heads up, I'm really in no hurry to upgrade to OS6, happy with latest 5.x. Won't touch 6 until they've worked out the bugs for the 9700 version.
    exactly!

I will wait until the OS6 run smoothly
    10-19-10 11:01 PM
    Thanks for the guide.
    All set for OS 6 on 9700 xD
    10-21-10 02:16 AM
    I appreciate the forewarning! Good looking out.
    10-27-10 01:46 AM
    This was posted 30 days ago now...seriously, is RIM just turning into a marketing gimmick like Apple/Google? I have to pay the pied piper (ATT) a gazillion dollars for a phone w/ OS6? WTF man? Wipe out the bloody carriers already so we can just get our phones and OS updates. Carriers are becoming like mobs and cartels...

I am 100% BB and am not on here to talk smack but I have been hearing this for a year now, what tangible proof do you have that its coming "anytime now?"
    And, i dont care about my upgrade, dont care about giving my left n*t for another 2 years.

Former ATT user.
    10-28-10 03:35 PM
    Quick question, if I download and install this leak OS6 on my berry could I still access my blackberry email from my carrier? TIA.

11-03-10 03:14 AM
    Quick question, if I download and install this leak OS6 on my berry could I still access my blackberry email from my carrier? TIA.

It didn't take long to get setup and running, just login to your BIS from your blackberry in Setup and it'll be fine.

11-03-10 03:31 AM
    nice post, will be interested if this os is capable for the bold 9000 aswell or is it just the select model?
    11-03-10 05:39 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD