*post deleted*
    Last edited by Lucky45; 09-01-11 at 08:31 PM.
    jdoughtry, shawnOST, pmf73 and 9 others like this.
    01-13-11 09:09 PM
    Working well on my 9300 3G with the latest OS6 beta (424).
    01-16-11 08:49 PM
    Ok, I have tried to load this onto my 9700 but it will not let me import it....it's extracts into a ipd file and won't load...any help?
    01-19-11 02:52 PM
    Ok, I have tried to load this onto my 9700 but it will not let me import it....it's extracts into a ipd file and won't load...any help?
    Its a backup file(ipd) that needs to be loaded with the 'Restore' function in Desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last Resort likes this.
    01-19-11 02:55 PM
    Ok, so I just go to restore and select the folder that extracted in and choose only that file?
    01-19-11 02:58 PM
    Ok, so I just go to restore and select the folder that extracted in and choose only that file?
    Extract the file < point Desktop Manger Restore Function to the file < restore device.

After that follow the OP directions and you should be all set!

Last Resort likes this.
    01-19-11 03:04 PM
    got it! awesome.....now will this stay there or when they send service books it will be removed?
    01-19-11 03:19 PM
    got it! awesome.....now will this stay there or when they send service books it will be removed?
    I've had it working since the first OS6 leak without it disappearing - my guess is we should be okay until At&t releases an official OS6 build for any of the upgradable devices...

You forgot to hit the 'thank you' button <- hint,hint
    Last edited by lucky45; 01-19-11 at 03:38 PM.
    Last Resort likes this.
    01-19-11 03:35 PM
    Ok after restoring and doing battery pull op states to go to "email setup" and puch services. when I go to email setup in the setup folder there is no option to "push service books. Help?
    01-19-11 07:46 PM
    Ok after restoring and doing battery pull op states to go to "email setup" and puch services. when I go to email setup in the setup folder there is no option to "push service books. Help?
    'Setup Folder'? Are you running OS5 or OS6?
    01-19-11 09:18 PM
    'Setup Folder'? Are you running OS5 or OS6?
    Ok, I'm an i d i o t. OS5. When I got bbmaps to work before (before upgrade to OS5) I had to edit a file in desktop manager that had something to do with vendor.xls If I am recalling correctly. Problem is I can't remember what file I had to edit nor can I find the thread that had the instructions. It worked and then I upgraded to OS5. I had to launch it from quick launch but it did work. Now it will launch but the map itself does not show up. It just shows the grid. It will start gps nav but no map. frustrating.

Can you help?
    01-19-11 10:38 PM
    Ok, I'm an i d i o t. OS5. When I got bbmaps to work before (before upgrade to OS5) I had to edit a file in desktop manager that had something to do with vendor.xls If I am recalling correctly. Problem is I can't remember what file I had to edit nor can I find the thread that had the instructions. It worked and then I upgraded to OS5. I had to launch it from quick launch but it did work. Now it will launch but the map itself does not show up. It just shows the grid. It will start gps nav but no map. frustrating.

Can you help?
    This thread is for making BBmaps work on an AT&T device running OS6.

*** If you're having problems with BBmaps on OS5 i recommend searching the forums for that subject.
    01-19-11 11:04 PM
    Do you need a particular version of DM?
    I go to do the restore and I get 2 progress bars.
    The top progress bar appears to go to 100% but the bottom bar never moves and then I get returned to the Restore screen with no kind of confirmation message.

And in my Email Setup I only have 2 options:
    Internet Mail Account and Enterprise Account.
    No Push options.
    Last edited by gjwilly; 01-20-11 at 06:14 PM.
    01-20-11 06:09 PM

*** If you're having problems with BBmaps on OS5 i recommend searching the forums for that subject.
    Obviously I realized my mistake when I called myself an i d i ot and thanks so much for the suggestion to search the forums for that subject. I would have never thought to do that. Oh wait I did mention that I COULDN'T find the thread in my earlier post. I'm assuming that does not fit your idea of what a "search" is. Maybe I should have prefaced it with "I did a search and couldn't find the thread." As a matter of fact a search is what led me to this thread in the first place. The title of your thread is labeled "How to: Blackberry Maps on AT&T Bold 9700 & 9780" notice that no where in the title does it say OS6.

I just assumed that because you were kind enough to start the thread and you poses the technical knowledge that you might have some insight as to how to make bbm work on other os versions. My mistake.
    01-21-11 11:17 AM
    Obviously I realized my mistake when I called myself an i d i ot and thanks so much for the suggestion to search the forums for that subject. I would have never thought to do that. Oh wait I did mention that I COULDN'T find the thread in my earlier post. I'm assuming that does not fit your idea of what a "search" is. Maybe I should have prefaced it with "I did a search and couldn't find the thread." As a matter of fact a search is what led me to this thread in the first place. The title of your thread is labeled "How to: Blackberry Maps on AT&T Bold 9700 & 9780" notice that no where in the title does it say OS6.

I just assumed that because you were kind enough to start the thread and you poses the technical knowledge that you might have some insight as to how to make bbm work on other os versions. My mistake.
    Wow...

This thread is for getting BBmaps to work on an AT&T device running OS6 - to be honest I really couldn't understand you post/question and thats why i recommended you do a search of the forums...if i was trying to be an a*shole i would of just ignored your post completely.

**IF your device is on AT&T running os5 then all you need to do is load BBmaps with Desktop Manager or App Loader and then install the 'launcher' in this treaded: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...cher-t-369440/
    8764 likes this.
    01-21-11 07:11 PM
    Works great! Pretty happy that I finally have BBMaps working on my 9700 again. Thanks again!
    01-21-11 07:39 PM
    Wow...

This thread is for getting BBmaps to work on an AT&T device running OS6 - to be honest I really couldn't understand you post/question and thats why i recommended you do a search of the forums...if i was trying to be an a*shole i would of just ignored your post completely.

**IF your device is on AT&T running os5 then all you need to do is load BBmaps with Desktop Manager or App Loader and then install the 'launcher' in this treaded: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...cher-t-369440/
    Ok, thanks, but where and how do I find BBmaps? The download on the mobile.blackberry site is the lbs ribbon file only. I need to reinstall the complete app and I cannot find it. A search only brings up the two lbs ribbon files from the mobile site.
    01-22-11 07:48 PM
    Ok, thanks, but where and how do I find BBmaps?
    'Ok, thanks'? You high jack my thread and insult me AND that's all you got to say? And you ask for help again? Really? Wow...

The download on the mobile.blackberry site is the lbs ribbon file only. I need to reinstall the complete app and I cannot find it. A search only brings up the two lbs ribbon files from the mobile site.
    I really don't know why I'm answering this...

You CAN NOT download BBMaps from anywhere (read my first response below). BBMaps is included with the OS and is loaded to the device (when selected to do so) with App Loader or Desktop Manager - if you would of read my reply the first time you'd know that...

**IF your device is on AT&T running os5 then all you need to do is load BBmaps with Desktop Manager or App Loader and then install the 'launcher' in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...cher-t-369440/
    Last edited by lucky45; 01-22-11 at 08:11 PM.
    01-22-11 08:03 PM
    Do you need a particular version of DM?
    I go to do the restore and I get 2 progress bars.
    The top progress bar appears to go to 100% but the bottom bar never moves and then I get returned to the Restore screen with no kind of confirmation message.

And in my Email Setup I only have 2 options:
    Internet Mail Account and Enterprise Account.
    No Push options.
    Sorry I didn't see your post sooner...

You should be using the most resent update of Desktop Manager regardless.

And your second question:

After you get the Service Book loaded, pulled the battery and the device has booted up again do this: Email Setup> Internet Mail Account> enter your user name & password> Blackberry button> Service Books.

Anything else let me know!
    Last edited by lucky45; 01-22-11 at 08:28 PM.
    tintin123456 likes this.
    01-22-11 08:24 PM
    'Ok, thanks'? You high jack my thread and insult me AND that's all you got to say? And you ask for help again? Really? Wow...

I really don't know why I'm answering this...

You CAN NOT download BBMaps from anywhere (read my first response below). BBMaps is included with the OS and is loaded to the device (when selected to do so) with App Loader or Desktop Manager - if you would of read my reply the first time you'd know that...

You don't see that as being insulting? After I had admitted that I had made a mistake and had clearly indicated that I had done a search and it had led me to this thread? This is frustrating enough without getting grief from someone that clearly has the knowledge to help. I simply asked for your help and you basically told me to F off. Now to be fair you did help me and I said thanks. What more would you have me do?

I understand that there is no stand alone app for bbmaps.....now. However it has been corrupted on my 9700 and no longer shows up in apps list under options. While in theory it should reload using DM or the loader but it does not. It does not show up anywhere in either. What I am trying to find out is if I have to completely reload the OS in order to get bbmaps reloaded. I am on a bb enterprise server for my job and it will be a serious cluster to have to go back and register with the server etc. I use it quite often with my poynt app while on the road. I just simply want to know if there is a way to get bbmaps reloaded on my blackberry and if you can help me, I promise it would be appreciated.
    01-22-11 10:34 PM
    However it has been corrupted on my 9700 and no longer shows up in apps list under options. While in theory it should reload using DM or the loader but it does not. It does not show up anywhere in either. .
    I've never heard of an app getting 'corrupted' on a Blackberry but regardless if it's not in the 'App List' then it's not installed on the device.

The only way to load BBmaps is with App Loader or
    Desktop Manager - I'm not sure why Maps wouldn't be in the list of available applications on either program. Did you 'shrink' the OS or modify the OS files on your PC?

By not having a clear picture of what you got going on I'd try deleting to OS off your PC and reinstalling it.

After reinstalling the OS on your PC, download and install BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife ( BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife ) and then connect the device and in the BBSAK menu select the 'LOAD OS".

Once App Loader opens follow the prompts to the available apps and check BBMaps to be loaded to the device.
    8764 likes this.
    01-23-11 08:50 PM
    I've never heard of an app getting 'corrupted' on a Blackberry but regardless if it's not in the 'App List' then it's not installed on the device.

The only way to load BBmaps is with App Loader or
    Desktop Manager - I'm not sure why Maps wouldn't be in the list of available applications on either program. Did you 'shrink' the OS or modify the OS files on your PC?

By not having a clear picture of what you got going on I'd try deleting to OS off your PC and reinstalling it.

After reinstalling the OS on your PC, download and install BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife ( BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife ) and then connect the device and in the BBSAK menu select the 'LOAD OS".

Once App Loader opens follow the prompts to the available apps and check BBMaps to be loaded to the device.
    Thank you very much. I didn't shrink or anything. When I upgraded to 5.0 I let dm and the computer do its thing. For some reason dm6 will only show apps that I have downloaded and installed myself. Not a single native app that came with my bb shows up and I can't find a single option to do anything differently. I have talked to several users of dm6 and they say the same thing. DM6 is way limiting when it comes to application management. Early versions would list every app that was on the device with options to add, delete etc.

Others I have talked to say that with their versions of dm6 all apps show so I don't really know whats going on.

If I could revert to an earlier version of dm I would. But doesn't os 5.0 require dm6 to work for backup?
    01-23-11 10:48 PM
    Thanks Lucky, this is great.

I have this mostly working on my 9800. Poynt for example now displays maps when BB Maps is selected as the map source when it did not before. However, I don't have a BB Maps icon anywhere on my device and Universal Search doesn't find one either .... so I can't launch BB Maps standalone.

Do I need to use the bbmapslauncher application, or should my icon be displayed?
    02-07-11 08:34 AM
    Thanks Lucky, this is great.

I have this mostly working on my 9800. Poynt for example now displays maps when BB Maps is selected as the map source when it did not before. However, I don't have a BB Maps icon anywhere on my device and Universal Search doesn't find one either .... so I can't launch BB Maps standalone.

Do I need to use the bbmapslauncher application, or should my icon be displayed?
    For the Torch you'll need the Launcher...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...cher-t-369440/
    02-08-11 07:35 PM
    Hello lucky45,

I am new in BB. I am using a OEM version of 9780 in AT&T's network. I have BES activated in my Blackberry (not personal BIS, it is the corporate BES e-mail).

Will you please give me step-by-step instruction on how to enable BB Maps icon in my 9780? It seems your instructions are for phones running BIS (personal e-mail).

My phone's details:

OS Platform: 6.5.0.54
    App Version: 6.0.0.285 (863)
    Vendor ID: 609

I am coming from Symbian S60 3rd Ed, and not at all familier with BB software. Just setup my 9780 today. So please bear with me.

PS: I followed your process step-by-step (used BIS send service book option), but it does not work in my 9780. I have following observations:

1. After the restoring, the BBMaps serive book does not appear in the list of service books on the phone (options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Book), EVER.

2. On Blackberry Desktop Manager, when using the Restor, in option "Select Data to Restor" if you choose "Select device data and setting" then the serive book appears in dimmed color. At the bottom of the screen, there is a note "Dimmed entries are read-only data types and cannot be restored". But when I click Restore it shows Successful regardless of the choice of the above option.

Something is not right here. Any thought?

Thanks,
    Tintin
    Last edited by tintin123; 02-20-11 at 04:59 AM.
    02-19-11 01:32 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD